test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,534 posts in this topic

Interesting. I've never seen this stat before but I wonder how they assess it. Presumably they take 'opinion' out of it and make no attempt to judge how easy or how difficult it was to control the pass the player received; a poor touch just goes down as a poor touch regardless. I can see that this would be the only 'fair' way to do it.

If that's so then, like the pass completion statistic, I'm not sure this one really tells us enough of the story. Playing the ball into the receiver's path so he can collect it at full speed and break into space is a pass completion, but so too is playing the ball slightly behind the receiver, without pace so he is pressurised and has to play it back to the centre-half. In fact it's two. :(

Like a lot of people, I'm not a big believer in stats and I'll take some persuading that this particular one means much, if anything, at all.

This article is a decent read ... stats, like perception, aren't everything either ... still it was a nice surprise that Lukaku comes off well.

Lukaku really is a younger and less prolific Costa i,e awful on the ball most of the time and offer very little else outside of goals.

u wot

Lukaku really is a younger and less prolific Costa i,e awful on the ball most of the time and offer very little else outside of goals.

Someone actually believes this.

iseah100 likes this

Raiola is Ibrahimovic's and Pogba's agent...

He was looking into a transfer to Juve ... now he's claiming that they can't afford Lukaku.

Lukaku wanted to join wolfsburg, he agreed with them but chelsea wanted 40million €.

Now Rumours are , this year he wants to join wolfsburg at all cost, he even changed his agents to make this transfer.

According to Greg O’Keeffe Everton Journalist he and his agent are forcing a transfer to wolfsburg.

That seems more realistic to me than the bullshit about Juventus. Probably just made that statement to get more money off them.

Yeah, I always wonder when I see him play, why he is that bad in air duels while he is that big. That is a very strange part of his game. But luckily we have Benteke for the national team, the best air duel player worldwide. And Fellaini is also one of the very best at it, but I wouldn't use him in my starting team. Vermaelen is also one of the very best in air duels, but is injured all the time. We have some good players with the head :yay: .

RoyalBlues likes this

This guy is a complete fool! he was on SSN saying how he wants to play in the CL and how you have to have ambition as a player, this is the same guy who left Chelsea for Everton because he didnt want to compete for a place in the team with Torres and Eto'o!!! :clown:

bouletje likes this

This guy is a complete fool! he was on SSN saying how he wants to play in the CL and how you have to have ambition as a player, this is the same guy who left Chelsea for Everton because he didnt want to compete for a place in the team with Torres and Eto'o!!! :clown:

had it with his mentality, atm the belgian press is hearing him out, dude's been claiming he's becoming a complete striker and could play anywhere.

Sorry pal your finishing is excellent, but everything else is still a disaster.

Pacquiao likes this

Lukaku's yesterday's news afaic. Anyone who's been following Origi at Lille - how's he come along? It was embarrassing to watch Lukaku get upstaged by Origi at the WC.

Lukaku's yesterday's news afaic. Anyone who's been following Origi at Lille - how's he come along? It was embarrassing to watch Lukaku get upstaged by Origi at the WC.

I read somewhere that Origi has been terrible at Lilli this season.

EDIT: Just remembered he made the "worst team of the season" in Ligue 1: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3096191/Liverpool-forward-Divock-Origi-voted-Ligue-1-worst-team-season-disastrous-campaign-Lille.html

LDN Blue and Madmax like this

I read somewhere that Origi has been terrible at Lilli this season.

Hahaha, this makes me laugh somewhat! Liverpool fans were crying for Liverpool to bring Origi back in January when they weren't scoring goals, hyping him to become the next big thing :lol:

Obviously he's still young and has time to turn it around.