Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I disagree. What he is at the moment in inconsistent at times, but he has phenomenal potential.

It's astounding to me that we have this talent in our club and we won't give him a chance until he's 'ready', but we've been following the same model of development for the best part of a decade and not brought anyone through.

There's an astounding lack of patience to allow young players to get minutes, make mistakes but grow and I honestly can't work out where it has come from. Maybe we're too 'successful' to bother with player development and we're nothing but a chequebook team.

I never said he's not ready. In fact in my post, I said that he would have got a lot of minutes with us had we not bought Eto'o. But I also think he isn't good enough to be our first choice striker and it's not cause I think he's not ready, it's cause I don't think he's the type of striker that would flourish in our system.

If he was 28 and in his prime, my point still wouldn't change, it all still applies. I just don't think he's the best fit at the moment and we seem to be waiting on him so he can fit but I don't think he ever will, he just isn't that type of striker. And, I mean best fit as first choice, I think as second choice he's amazing for any team, couldn't ask for any other striker to come off the bench and just run at opposing defences and just cause all kinds of troubles. But with our patient, high possession build-up he just doesn't fit imo. If we play counter-attack then he would fit imo, he'd be perfect for that type of system.

I never said he's not ready. In fact in my post, I said that he would have got a lot of minutes with us had we not bought Eto'o. But I also think he isn't good enough to be our first choice striker and it's not cause I think he's not ready, it's cause I don't think he's the type of striker that would flourish in our system.

If he was 28 and in his prime, my point still wouldn't change, it all still applies. I just don't think he's the best fit at the moment and we seem to be waiting on him so he can fit but I don't think he ever will, he just isn't that type of striker. And, I mean best fit as first choice, I think as second choice he's amazing for any team, couldn't ask for any other striker to come off the bench and just run at opposing defences and just cause all kinds of troubles. But with our patient, high possession build-up he just doesn't fit imo. If we play counter-attack then he would fit imo, he'd be perfect for that type of system.

who would be the perfect fit for us ,, and who is the nearest that might be available????

who would be the perfect fit for us ,, and who is the nearest that might be available????

Until we find one, we'll have to make do with a suboptimal strike force and Lukaku would be part of that. Lukaku has a future here for sure, but if it's as a first choice cause we can't find a striker that suits our system then it won't be the ideal striker force but that won't stop us from competing, it hasn't before and it won't in the future either but it's still a bottleneck.

That said, imo our pivot should be higher priority. We can make do with what we have this year and Lukaku and Torres for next year isn't the worst either if we can't find someone.

I doubt you have watched Lukaku much.

I very much doubt ANYONE on this forum has seen Lukaku play more than me :-)

I don't want to blame things on your nationality, but beginning to understand how Canada is not a football country. Really man, you can post a 100.000 things on this forum but you still know the least bit about football.

Or did you think you were at an ice hockey forum here?

Until we find one, we'll have to make do with a suboptimal strike force and Lukaku would be part of that. Lukaku has a future here for sure, but if it's as a first choice cause we can't find a striker that suits our system then it won't be the ideal striker force but that won't stop us from competing, it hasn't before and it won't in the future either but it's still a bottleneck.

That said, imo our pivot should be higher priority. We can make do with what we have this year and Lukaku and Torres for next year isn't the worst either if we can't find someone.

in other words you have no idea who we should sign??

I doubt you have watched Lukaku much.

I don't want to blame things on your nationality, but beginning to understand how Canada is not a football country. Really man, you can post a 100.000 things on this forum but you still know the least bit about football.

Dude, chill. Don't be so cocky youngster :-)

in other words you have no idea who we should sign??

I can give you a list of names but I'm trying to stay on topic of Lukaku and how he fits into our team.

Don't really see a point of making a list, unless your point is that Lukaku is the best striker in the world or that there are no strikers in the world that can play for Chelsea.

As far as the list goes, I'd love any of Rooney, Lewandowski, Cavani, even Dzeko and Mandzukic would improve our striker force mabutssively. But no point discussing this right now. I would have also liked us to be in for Tevez last summer, can't believe how cheap he went to Juve. Think he would have been perfect for us for at least a few years.

I can give you a list of names but I'm trying to stay on topic of Lukaku and how he fits into our team.

Don't really see a point of making a list, unless your point is that Lukaku is the best striker in the world or that there are no strikers in the world that can play for Chelsea.

As far as the list goes, I'd love any of Rooney, Lewandowski, Cavani, even Dzeko and Mandzukic would improve our striker force mabutssively. But no point discussing this right now. I would have also liked us to be in for Tevez last summer, can't believe how cheap he went to Juve. Think he would have been perfect for us for at least a few years.

thats ok enjoy your seat on the fence

We've got Eto/Torres/Ba and Lukaku is a guaranteed improvement over all those three players - I'd understand people rationalizing Lukaku's loan if we had signed Rooney/Cavani but when you've got three strikers who wouldn't make the benches at top clubs across the continent as our only options it's a bit of a joke that we aren't the ones playing one of the finest young talents on the planet regularly.

Lol, who do you think you are?

Just keep dwelling the De Bruyne thread please.

He might be from Canada, but you're the one on thin ice here. That post is racist, abusive and offensive. I'll let you off with this verbal warning this time, but this is not at all tolerated on here.

He might be from Canada, but you're the one on thin ice here. That post is racist, abusive and offensive. I'll let you off with this verbal warning this time, but this is not at all tolerated on here.

I'm sorry but how is that post racist? To say his post is racist because he says that the guy knows nothing about football because of the country he is from is just ridiculous!

Lol! Really, i do not know what you are aiming at, Parnolio sir.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm sorry but how is that post racist? To say his post is racist because he says that the guy knows nothing about football because of the country he is from is just ridiculous!

Well insulting someone because of their nationality is kind of the definition of racism.

Anyway, this not the place for this discussion.

grow a sense of proportion choulou

I just asked him to not make posts like that.

Well insulting someone because of their nationality is kind of the definition of racism.

Anyway, this not the place for this discussion.

you make these sweeping statements ...then when challenged say this isnt the place to discuss them ,,,,that is PRICELESS