Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

What a load of BS.. please show me a link to this negative press, all i found was reporters being ecstatic about him..

What a load of crap.. He scored twice, In Croatia for god's sake, and for the second goal he had to make a run of 60 meters without any support..

for some reason, everything Lukaku does has to be minimalised here, the fridge is shining on international level, what are our other strikers doing?

It is this kind of negativism that will chase Lukaku away, even being a die hard Chelsea fan since his youth.. With his attitude and talent, he will be a worldclass striker within the next two years. If we didn't already bought him, we would all be over the moon about him.. really.. what the f*ck does this guy has to do to be appreciated over here? he got once chance with the Belgium NT, starting in the do or die match in Croatia and he booked our ticket to Brazil with an excellent performane

http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/80839/Bondscoach_na_Kroati%C3%AB_nog_kritischer_voor_Lukaku#ixzz2hVLQeeyh

He is prolific we know that from last season and anderlecht(spelling), his goals are replicas though and i expect more diversity from him to be as effective compared to drogba (when his time comes at chelsea) as he would rarely get much space to run or around the box at chelsea. His potential is massive but for his size, strength and technical ability he should try more things like long range shorts, long range curler's(like one of his goal vs manu), and efforts with his back to goal, i also think he could be great with free kicks if he really works at it. His trademark headers, powerful runs and finish, are natural to him its the other aspects he needs to work on to be unstoppable.

This bullshit article makes it sound like the national coach was very critical about Romelu. This is absolutely not what he said in person on tv last night.

That's down to how you want to read it.

to me it's simple: Lukaku is a fantastic striker and we're very lucky to have him. But right now he's not suitable for every type of game. thats why he needs to become more of an all round striker and improve his weak points. he even sais this himself..

It's also why his loan is not a bad thing. Not the best for Chelsea's current season, but certainly better for his development into a more allround striker.

So now the knock on him is that his goals aren't diverse enough?

Fuck me....do we start getting extra points for stylish goals now? Does he have to do a pirouette when he's heading the ball in? Some of our fans are remarkably picky about what type of goals he scores considering our other strikers can't put the ball in the net in even the most boring fashion.

This.

I don't get this, the guy is 20 plays for a team ranked number #5 in the fifa ranking, scores goals wherever he goes, can old up the ball, can pass, can cross, creates chances, is fast and a clinical finisher but his goals are not diverse enough.

Messi doesn't score from outside the box, i don't see him getting criticized

Lukaku is quality and wanting him to be even better as a developing player where i observe he has potential to still develop isn't criticism especially if I am a chelsea fan that's why when the media and some turned fans criticise chelsea for sending him on loan i find it funny because on reading some articles it seems like we have already discarded a 20 year old striker without giving him a chance but the reverse is the case and if i was belgian i would be happy because it guarantees him more playing time than even if he is the first choice striker at chelsea. With his experience with everton this season and also his first world cup most people will know that his loan spell was another very smart move by mourinho for a player with a long term future at the club.

Indeed.

Let's take a look at his last 6 goals shall we:

-First goal for Everton: header - knocking himself out

-First goal against Newcastle: easy one from closeby, being in the right place at the right time

-Second Newcastle goal: making use of a long ball from the keeper, taking the entire defense + keeper, creating a goal out of nothing

-City goal: getting past a defender while making him look like a fool

-First goal Croatia: making the perfect run, avoiding the keeper brilliantly

-Second goal Croatia: starting on his own half of the field, running past everyone, pushing a defender to the ground like it was a baby and getting past the keeper again. Another goal created out of nothing

You're right, two of his last six goals in two weeks, were created out of nothing. I'm so bored of his predictable game right now.

Next time he should make a summersault over the goalie or make one walking on his hands.

Lukaku is quality and wanting him to be even better as a developing player where i observe he has potential to still develop isn't criticism especially if I am a chelsea fan that's why when the media and some turned fans criticise chelsea for sending him on loan i find it funny because on reading some articles it seems like we have already discarded a 20 year old striker without giving him a chance but the reverse is the case and if i was belgian i would be happy because it guarantees him more playing time than even if he is the first choice striker at chelsea. With his experience with everton this season and also his first world cup most people will know that his loan spell was another very smart move by mourinho for a player with a long term future at the club.

God stop the fanboyism, mourinho made a mistake, Lukaku should be starting games for CHELSEA not everton. He is our best striker, had a great pre season, mourinho isn't god deal with it.

Its beyond me that some people just cant see how raw lukaku still is, he's not ready to lead the line for chelsea yet

The loan is the best thing that could happen for him

Because eto'o and torres are in their prime and are better than him right.

What would you prefer when you are eating fruit, a banana which is almost ripe or a banana covered in mold?

Its beyond me that some people just cant see how raw lukaku still is, he's not ready to lead the line for chelsea yet

The loan is the best thing that could happen for him

Excuse me, but to most of us it´s beyond believing to except your view.

Because eto'o and torres are in their prime and are better than him right.

What would you prefer when you are eating fruit, a banana which is almost ripe or a banana covered in mold?

He needs to play as much as possible at his age, thats not possible here at chelsea, i know its ridiculous, but names and pricetags do matter sadly

He needs to play as much as possible at his age, thats not possible here at chelsea, i know its ridiculous, but names and pricetags do matter sadly

Mou had to man up, he could start 40 out of our 70 games if jose had the balls to choose him above torres and eto'o

Excuse me, but to most of us it´s beyond believing to except your view.

Lukaku is a great player but he can be alot better than he already, so let him develop at everton, in the end he and chelsea will benefit from it, playtime is very important for young players

Thats my vieuw on it

Mou had to man up, he could start 40 out of our 70 games if jose had the balls to choose him above torres and eto'o

We both know that was never going to happen this season, for the reasons i stated in my previous post