Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Anyone else getting bored of this Lukaku loan saga? I have heard so many mixed reports about him asking to leave/ Jose asking him to leave etc. He is young, talented and undoubtedly part of our future. Just not this season.

I'm getting tired of pundits lambasting Chelsea for letting him go. He scored against City (a goal which Lescott pulled a 'Lescott' and Hart should have saved) and yet, despite Everton losing and Chelsea winning, the only subject that Hansen and Co. could focus on was that of Chelsea's striker issues.

I think it was stupid to let the kid go, but I trust Jose and that's that. Personally, I wouldn't care if Ivanovic ended up with more goals than Torres this season. If we keep on winning then who gives a shit?

we need more of this in this thread. perfectly put.

what's done is done ... but we all know he wasn't given a chance, not a single start before he was shipped out, its really sad ... and guys saying 'he isn't good enough for chelsea yet'.. that aint the point, the point is he wasn't given a chance to show what he had to offer and we ended up with those inferior to him...I hope he does show he is better than all of our current strikers and I'm sure JM is man enough to stand corrected.

He could probably sit on his arse until Christmas Day and still outscore our strikers, but I do like his attitude. He could maybe do a bit less talking but he's got a point to prove and he's been doing it since he arrived at Goodison.

Anyone else getting bored of this Lukaku loan saga? I have heard so many mixed reports about him asking to leave/ Jose asking him to leave etc. He is young, talented and undoubtedly part of our future. Just not this season.

I'm getting tired of pundits lambasting Chelsea for letting him go. He scored against City (a goal which Lescott pulled a 'Lescott' and Hart should have saved) and yet, despite Everton losing and Chelsea winning, the only subject that Hansen and Co. could focus on was that of Chelsea's striker issues.

I think it was stupid to let the kid go, but I trust Jose and that's that. Personally, I wouldn't care if Ivanovic ended up with more goals than Torres this season. If we keep on winning then who gives a shit?

Yeah it's getting annoying. Match of The Day didn't even review our win over Norwich, they just showed Lukaku's goals for Everton and more or less moved on, wtf was that about?

I am so confused with this one minute lukaku supposedly says

"It's unfair to criticise Mourinho for letting me go because it was my decision"

Then today on sky sports it says

"Everton forward Romelu Lukaku says he is determined to show that Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho's decision to send him out on loan was a mistake".

Whatever we shoud just say everyone has changed their mind and we need a striker CODE RED!!

Yeah it's getting annoying. Match of The Day didn't even review our win over Norwich, they just showed Lukaku's goals for Everton and more or less moved on, wtf was that about?

Yeah I noticed that. Pissed me off that did, especially as two of our goals were brilliant. MOTD is a farce these days. Last week for example, when Vertongen pulled his Tom Daley impression which subsequently lead to the Torres scratch saga. Danny 'shitforbrains' Murphy totally ignored Vertongen's blatant dive and then actually praised him for staying on his feet when Torres 'scratched' him.

Hansen, Murphy (and any former bin dipper that regularly features on MOTD) cream themselves at the thought of Torres and Chelsea failing.

Lukaku can fuck off. Hope he knows we're paying his wages. This is the same guy who's gone scoreless for us in 15 appearances.

Tired of our moronic fans falling for the media narrative of us being fools for sending him out on loan to improve. Who cares what's happened? What's done is done now, support the players we have and stop moaning.

Believe it or not unlike Sturridge who everyone hated until he started playing well for. Liverpool, Lukaku will be back next year.

Lukaku can fuck off. Hope he knows we're paying his wages. This is the same guy who's gone scoreless for us in 15 appearances.

Tired of our moronic fans falling for the media narrative of us being fools for sending him out on loan to improve. Who cares what's happened? What's done is done now, support the players we have and stop moaning.

Believe it or not unlike Sturridge who everyone hated until he started playing well for. Liverpool, Lukaku will be back next year.

You can fuck off, Lukaku was told he was not needed and most likely Everton is paying his wages for the season. He has started two matches for Chelsea which means he has come on as a sub 13 times in his 2 years here.

I've said it was a stupid call by the club well before there was a narrative about the fact.

There has only been a bunch of Torres fanboys who hated Sturridge - a lot of people who doubted him but not hated him.

Lukaku can fuck off.

Why? Because he wants to do better than the Chelsea strikers? Because he wants to show himself to Mourinho?

I find that a great mindset, but I guess you cannot even start to comprehend that.

Tired of our moronic fans falling for the media narrative of us being fools for sending him out on loan to improve.

Because they're falling for a 'media narrative' and not forming their own opinion having seen our own strikers misfiring and Lukaku putting in commanding performances.

Because he said he wants Everton to finish above Chelsea.

He's the next big thing and loved here but imagine those comments coming from Benayoun for example......wonder just how different the ensuing reaction would be.

You guys are no better than the media who felt the need to bring up Lukaku in the aftermath of our 1-3 victory at Norwich on MOTD. No discussion about Oscar, Willian or even Mourinho's subs just a player who isn't even at the club.

Rather than giving the media these OTT sound bites he should just focus on the job at hand on Everton and continuing his progression as a player. No need to burn his bridges here if he intends to return.

'I have a drive and ambition to be the best I can, but it's not just personal. I am always aware of responsibilities to the team, and I want to contribute to Everton having the best possible season while I'm here.'

Juventus and Borussia Dortmund both expressed an interest in Lukaku, prior to the transfer window shutting, but he made it clear he still sees his long-term future at Stamford Bridge.

'They are not exactly small clubs, and it is flattering to be linked with them,' he said 'I appreciate they feel I could handle playing at that level, but my goal has not changed. I want to succeed at Chelsea.'

If we finish bellow Everton due to Lukaku, it would be our fault not his. Either way I cannot fault him for wanting to prove his doubters which include Jose wrong, I've no doubts we let go our best striker go on loan.

Who cares if he outscores our strikers while playing for Everton? With our history with the strikers there are no guarantees he was going to do the same thing here. I like Lukaku, but I'd rather trust Jose's choice than fall for the media BS that we should regret loaning him.