Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Lukaku wasn't originally going to take the penalty. Apparently he insisted to Mourinho he wanted to take it, to which Mourinho replied: "Are you sure?" and Lukaku obviously said "Yes". Maybe he wanted to do a Drogba. It looked like he was going to replicate his penalty too. Maybe it's not us comparing him to Drogba, but himself trying to write the headlines and just falling short that's affecting him most. Moving on now (promise).

Of course thats what pisses me the most. Mourinho asked him and he said yes atleast act like you take a penalty and dont pass the ball.

I can tell you Drogba's penalty 2 years ago had effect and well placement but Lukaku's penalty was just garbage makes Torres Pen. miss last year against Steaua and Neymar against Colombia look like gods compared to this crappy penalty

So Lukaku misses a penalty and that determines if he's going on loan?

LMFAO! this forum is getting retarded

Look at his position in the squad as well as the penalty miss. He very well may ask for a loan himself.

I'm glad he stepped up to take the penalty, shows huge character and confidence, not just sitting in the shadow.

He's going to be hit hard, just like Arjen Robben has been hit hard yet what happened? He came back next season and scored the winner in the CL final.

This wont determine Lukaku, he's going to be a class player either way.

hope it's not another Kakuta case.

but ffs, if you're going to take that penalty and you don't know what to do just fucking smash it since you're 100kg of fucking muscles.

don't blame him for that pen, but when he came on he didn't do shit bar that 1 play where he outmuscled 2 players. if you want to have a place in the squad run your boots to the ground like Schurlle or Oscar.

feel bad for him, looked devasted, but on the other hand I loved the reaction of our team who got together and helped him. Chelsea family.

Look at his position in the squad as well as the penalty miss. He very well may ask for a loan himself.

He isn't going to get enough game time with Eto'o and Torres here.

I give psychological training.but uh ...... I am so sorry adding IQ points isn't my thing. But I can try, boys! There is so much anguish.

I'm glad he stepped up to take the penalty, shows huge character and confidence, not just sitting in the shadow.

He's going to be hit hard, just like Arjen Robben has been hit hard yet what happened? He came back next season and scored the winner in the CL final.

This wont determine Lukaku, he's going to be a class player either way.

I sure hope you're right. I want nothing more than for him to succeed with Chelsea.

Well, it's admirable that he wanted to take one, but I kinda feared he was going to miss as soon as he heard.

Hopefully this won't drag him down.

(Some commenters are just awful though.)

You don't need to show courage to take a penalty but you should know when not to take one because of to many emotionions gathered.

refs fucked us tonight. Not Romelu. Game was won but refs made every decision to change that. Mickey mouse trophy, move on.

Mickey Mouse trophy we don't even own! And we are the first team to lose two times in a row in succesive years.