Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Sorry man but Lukaku's much faster than Drogba was. Drogba's a better dribbler, but Steven Clark always got Lukaku to run in behind the defenses with his pace and score.

No. Drogba was almost certainly faster. http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/08/23/top-ten-fastest-premier-league-players/

hmm, that was 2009. Lukaku's much faster. Having followed him all the way from Anderlecht to having watched more than half of WBA's game, anyone would clearly say Lukaku's faster.

hmm, that was 2009. Lukaku's much faster. Having followed him all the way from Anderlecht to having watched more than half of WBA's game, anyone would clearly say Lukaku's faster.

I am anyone and I say he isn't. Drogba was the third fastest player in the Premier League towards the END of his career. Lukaku is quick, but I don't see him as nearly as fast as Drogba. And BTW, you can't just say "anyone would agree with me" because many many people wouldn't.

I am anyone and I say he isn't. Drogba was the third fastest player in the Premier League towards the END of his career. Lukaku is quick, but I don't see him as nearly as fast as Drogba. And BTW, you can't just say "anyone would agree with me" because many many people wouldn't.

personal opinion then buddy. it's cool. ;)

The annoying thing is if Lukaku starts against Bayern and has a bad game some people will be all moaning, linking the game as to why we need a new striker. He needs a run. Not just one start and then people judge him because the way our tactics are likely to be against Bayern it will be hard for any striker we have or buy to get into the game, whether that be Rooney, Etoo or whoever. I would like to see him get a vote of confidence by Mourinho in which we can see him against the better teams and inferior teams to see what he is capable of because people stating he is not ready because of his age is a total different thing and something I don't agree with. Age is just a number and if you're old enough you are good enough. Standard!

For the majority of fans, a player is only as good as their last game unfortunately. Just have a look how opinions changed about KDB after 2 quiet performances, while in pre-season he was our new RW for sure!

Mata looked subpar vs Villa ---> half the board starts contemplating weither a Rooney swap deal would make sense.

The same would apply to Lukaku probably.

Have to agree with him, Lukaku is very fast and definitely faster then Drogba

The annoying thing is if Lukaku starts against Bayern and has a bad game some people will be all moaning, linking the game as to why we need a new striker. He needs a run. Not just one start and then people judge him because the way our tactics are likely to be against Bayern it will be hard for any striker we have or buy to get into the game, whether that be Rooney, Etoo or whoever. I would like to see him get a vote of confidence by Mourinho in which we can see him against the better teams and inferior teams to see what he is capable of because people stating he is not ready because of his age is a total different thing and something I don't agree with. Age is just a number and if you're old enough you are good enough. Standard!

For the majority of fans, a player is only as good as their last game unfortunately. Just have a look how opinions changed about KDB after 2 quiet performances, while in pre-season he was our new RW for sure!

Mata looked subpar vs Villa ---> half the board starts contemplating weither a Rooney swap deal would make sense.

The same would apply to Lukaku probably.

Pubescent girls do that :Goober:

5evagemy.jpg

Is there a rule that says Lukaku can only be compared to other black strikers?

How long before Henrique compares him to Mark Stein? Lukaku....the new Cherno Samba (about 3 people might remember him....oh how good he was supposed to be)?

What are you suggesting? I only compared him to Heskey. Other people that are saying he is like Drogba. Stupid and useless post, there is no reason to play the race card here.

personal opinion then buddy. it's cool. ;)

Drogba was way faster, he had explosion and when he made his runs he was almost unstopabble, he could dribble while he was running. Drogba was like a McLaren, while Lukaku looks like a fast war tank.

What are you suggesting? I only compared him to Heskey. Other people that are saying he is like Drogba. Stupid and useless post, there is no reason to play the race card here.

You started it. You said Drogba would beat Lukaku in a race :Goober:

There is a difference between player's top speed and how 'fast' they are in football. It would not surprise me if the athletic Drogba, when he got to full speed, was very fast. But his acceleration was nowhere near as good as Lukaku's is now IMO, and you very rarely see pace play a part in football over 10-15 yards.

Adebayor also has one of the fastest top speeds in the PL I think? Remember reading somewhere he got top in speed tests at Tottenham or Arsenal, but doesn't accelerate well enough to show it on the football pitch. On the other side you see players like, Shaun Maloney for instance who certainly wouldn't win a sprint but has that little bit of acceleration, combined with his balance that means he can often get a yard or two off his marker.

I think we're all saying the same thing...drogba lumbered and picked up speed, but not very quickly--a very powerful runner nonetheless. Though when he hit his speed he was moving pretty quickly, without a doubt. He had a great stride and great balance, though didnt have the quickest first 3 steps.

Lukaku is a freak of nature, whereas his speed is, at worst, up there with Drogba's, he explodes out of the blocks like a sprinter. Phenomenal stride length and frequency, he's a specimen. One must consider that "game speed" is a function of timing (when to run), stride length/frequency and balance (body position relative to opponents)...lukaku possesses a rare combination for his size. Too big to be knocked off the ball by a smaller defender and too fast to be held back or caught up to (ask Carragher how that went).

Just an observation, feel free to criticize.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fernando-torres-unaffected-by-chelseas-striker-search-and-hails-mourinhos-impact-8791319.html

West Brom manager Steve Clarke has also been in contact with Mourinho over re-signing forward Romelu Lukaku for another year on loan too, but admits Moses is the only realistic option.

He said: “I exchanged text messages with Jose three or four weeks ago and he said Lukaku is definitely not going out. He said he was a big player for Chelsea this season and I think he’s right.