Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Personally I think he deserves his chance up top, from his form last season and not even playing regularly for west brom to get as many goals as he did was brilliant.

He's more effective than Torres for sure, he has strength pace and knows how to put the ball in the back of the net.

I think he should play, no matter who we play. When we first signed him, Villas-Boas wasn't afraid to throw him on against United at Old Trafford although we lost and he didn't have much of an impact but he needs to get a chance against the bigger teams. As we seen at West Brom last year, he gave a lot of top CBs a problem; against United he got a hattrick, he terrorised Vertonghen last year (who was arguably the best CB in the league), he made a fool of Agger and Carragher at Anfield. I don't think he's ready to start 50-60 games for us but I feel hes more than ready to be given a chance to prove himself and show why he should start upfront.

As Peace said perhaps Jose is protecting him, I can remember that 4-1 game we played under Robbie against Liverpool where he came on and missed a sitter. He received a lot of stick but he had very little PL experience at the time, hes went away and played regular football at West Brom and scored 17 goals. He outscored all Chelsea strikers last season. I think that warrants him a chance to prove himself, even if he just plays 25-30 games in all competitions this season.

I think he should play, no matter who we play. When we first signed him, Villas-Boas wasn't afraid to throw him on against United at Old Trafford although we lost and he didn't have much of an impact but he needs to get a chance against the bigger teams. As we seen at West Brom last year, he gave a lot of top CBs a problem; against United he got a hattrick, he terrorised Vertonghen last year (who was arguably the best CB in the league), he made a fool of Agger and Carragher at Anfield. I don't think he's ready to start 50-60 games for us but I feel hes more than ready to be given a chance to prove himself and show why he should start upfront.

As Peace said perhaps Jose is protecting him, I can remember that 4-1 game we played under Robbie against Liverpool where he came on and missed a sitter. He received a lot of stick but he had very little PL experience at the time, hes went away and played regular football at West Brom and scored 17 goals. He outscored all Chelsea strikers last season. I think that warrants him a chance to prove himself, even if he just plays 25-30 games in all competitions this season.

By not playing him, we're just denting his confidence and motivation.

Sure, he might have a few miserable games as a Chelsea striker...and the media will give him stick...but he won't improve as a player and fulfil all that potential by sitting on the bench and playing in 'selected' games...

I don't see the reason behind protecting him...if Jose feels he isn't ready...i'm sure there would be a whole line of clubs willing to take him on loan for another season.

By not playing him, we're just denting his confidence and motivation.

Sure, he might have a few miserable games as a Chelsea striker...and the media will give him stick...but he won't improve as a player and fulfil all that potential by sitting on the bench and playing in 'selected' games...

I don't see the reason behind protecting him...if Jose feels he isn't ready...i'm sure there would be a whole line of clubs willing to take him on loan for another season.

You have to remember though what Jose did with Varane at Madrid, he didn't give him many games, then eventually started him in a good run of games and eventually he became a nailed on starter

" Lukaku's similarities with Didier Drogba are well-documented, but the point still merits inclusion."

The guy who wrote this article is pretty clueless. Drogba and Lukaku are 2 completely different animals. Drogba was faster, he was really good outside the box, he had amazing skills, his passing was awesome. Lukaku is more a Heskey kind of player.

" Lukaku's similarities with Didier Drogba are well-documented, but the point still merits inclusion."

The guy who wrote this article is pretty clueless. Drogba and Lukaku are 2 completely different animals. Drogba was faster, he was really good outside the box, he had amazing skills, his passing was awesome. Lukaku is more a Heskey kind of player.

Drogba was faster than Lukaku hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha. I know you hate Lukaku but stop insulting to the 5th highest scorer in BPL last season and top 30 in Europe last season.

Heskey? Dude, seriously?

Just cause he's big and muscular and a C.F., doesn't make him Heskey.

Drogba was faster than Lukaku hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha. I know you hate Lukaku but stop insulting to the 5th highest scorer in BPL last season and top 30 in Europe last season.

Why are you laughing? Drogba was way faster than Lukaku, how can I be insulting him when I'm just saying that he is not as fast as King Drogba, and stop insulting my intelligence, Michu scored more goals than Lukaku last season, but nobody is sating Michu is a superb striker.

Heskey? Dude, seriously?

Just cause he's big and muscular and a C.F., doesn't make him Heskey.

Have you ever watched Heskey when he was younger? I mean, right now the guy is already 35, but I cant tell you, Lukaku reminds me Heskey.

Is there a rule that says Lukaku can only be compared to other black strikers?

How long before Henrique compares him to Mark Stein? Lukaku....the new Cherno Samba (about 3 people might remember him....oh how good he was supposed to be)?

He would fit when we play against teams with high line so that he can exploit them with pace and power. His first touch wont help him against teams that sit deep, so this is how we should use him.

Which is why he should start against Bayern hopefully.

The annoying thing is if Lukaku starts against Bayern and has a bad game some people will be all moaning, linking the game as to why we need a new striker. He needs a run. Not just one start and then people judge him because the way our tactics are likely to be against Bayern it will be hard for any striker we have or buy to get into the game, whether that be Rooney, Etoo or whoever. I would like to see him get a vote of confidence by Mourinho in which we can see him against the better teams and inferior teams to see what he is capable of because people stating he is not ready because of his age is a total different thing and something I don't agree with. Age is just a number and if you're old enough you are good enough. Standard!