Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Amazes me how much people on here overrate him. He's still a poor footballer that scores goals. He's basically a less experienced version of Demba Ba with mediocre technique but superior athleticism.

As for the Drogba comparisons he's definitely more athletic. Faster, stronger and bigger but he's miles off Didier technically.

His first touch is even worse than Torres' on a bad day, his shooting technique is poor (no subtlety in his finishing and the power on his shots are surprisingly tame), he's nowhere near as good holding the ball up + linking up with others (most crucial weakness considering the players we have) and he's shockingly poor in the air.

Another loan to a club that plays to his weaknesses would do him wonders in my opinion. He's still only 20 and we have two above average strikers at the club already with one incoming so there's no need to rush him at this point.

Even Lukaku himself realises this. Look at his recent comments on his season, don't get me wrong he has scary good potential but he's still a raw youngster some way off starting for a title contender. There's a reason an average player like Benteke starts ahead of him in the Belgium NT.

A loan to a club like Southampton, Swansea or maybe even a Bundesliga/La Liga club would do wonders for him. Teams who don't soley rely on the long ball or counter attacks and exploit his physical capabilities while neglecting/refusing to improve and hone his deficiencies as a footballer.

It's easy saying we have Mata/Oscar/Hazard etc he'll score shitloads HERE! But look at Ba, apart from his debut and his two wonder goals in the FA Cup he has looked pretty average and out of place in the team. Got outperformed by Torres in the closing stages of the season and only scored 2 PL goals in 14 games for us while at Newcastle he had 13 in 20.

Agree with the latter parts of your post, just don't think he is as poor as you described. I'll say he is pretty decent already, just not ready to lead our forward line yet.

He is indeed still quite raw, but you're making it sound like he's rubbish. Basically you're saying he sucks in nearly every department important for a striker.

He's an excellent dribbler of the ball. Someone of that size running at you must be a frightening task for a defender.

But aside from that as a footballer he's still extremely raw in almost all areas. That's why he has so much potential though, nearly 20 goals in a League season at only 20 despite having severely underdeveloped sides to his game.

Amazes me how much people on here overrate him. He's still a poor footballer that scores goals. He's basically a less experienced version of Demba Ba with mediocre technique but superior athleticism.

That's why I did not want us to sign Ba. Ba is a good 2nd or 3rd option, which should be filled by a younger player. Ba is not good enough on the ball to start for a team like Chelsea and Lukaku could provide the physical presence when needed.

Hello Everyone. Sorry for my english.

I would still give Lukaku a year at West Brom but if you read on the forum of ManU then they are really afraid of him.

Lukaku is a Great guy.
I think he is perfect to drive a wedge between defence of other clubs. Is that enough?

I have watched enough of him, just because I have a different opinion than you, it doesn't mean I am the one who don't watch him and you are the one who does...

Besides that, you are entitled to your opinion! ;)

It's not an opinion though. It's a fact that he is a good dribbler. If you would have watched him enough you would know that as a FACT that he is a good dribbler. Just like how one would say Hazard is a good dribbler. I'm not saying he is a Hazard level dribbler but as strikers go, he is one of the better ones in all of Europe.

As for the Drogba comparisons he's definitely more athletic. Faster, stronger and bigger but he's miles off Didier technically.

His first touch is even worse than Torres' on a bad day, his shooting technique is poor (no subtlety in his finishing and the power on his shots are surprisingly tame), he's nowhere near as good holding the ball up + linking up with others (most crucial weakness considering the players we have) and he's shockingly poor in the air.

Another loan to a club that plays to his weaknesses would do him wonders in my opinion. He's still only 20 and we have two above average strikers at the club already with one incoming so there's no need to rush him at this point.

Even Lukaku himself realises this. Look at his recent comments on his season, don't get me wrong he has scary good potential but he's still a raw youngster some way off starting for a title contender. There's a reason an average player like Benteke starts ahead of him in the Belgium NT.

A loan to a club like Southampton, Swansea or maybe even a Bundesliga/La Liga club would do wonders for him. Teams who don't soley rely on the long ball or counter attacks and exploit his physical capabilities while neglecting/refusing to improve and hone his deficiencies as a footballer.

It's easy saying we have Mata/Oscar/Hazard etc he'll score shitloads HERE! But look at Ba, apart from his debut and his two wonder goals in the FA Cup he has looked pretty average and out of place in the team. Got outperformed by Torres in the closing stages of the season and only scored 2 PL goals in 14 games for us while at Newcastle he had 13 in 20.

LOL, 17 PL goals at the age of 19/20 in 32 appearances IIRC, which several was from the bench and we are overrating him, yeah whatever.gif compare Lukaku's goalscoring record with Drogba, Ba and many greats at his age and compare. Of course people have every right to be excited by his potential. Like I said a few pages back I reckon Lukaku is better than Ba. IMO, Ba is a good player, scored a lot of goals for Newcastle but apart from strength, balance and he is a good finisher, his style is fairly limited at us. Lukaku has pace, strength, aerial ability, composure and right now is putting our strikers to shame. Simple.

Surely he is better than Torres&Ba combined, but yet he is still inconsistent. While it is atrocious our line is led by any of them, he could very well be our second option behind a new big signing. He would have 30-40 games, with about 20 starts, which should be enough and is more than he got at West Brom.

Surely he is better than Torres&Ba combined, but yet he is still inconsistent. While it is atrocious our line is led by any of them, he could very well be our second option behind a new big signing. He would have 30-40 games, with about 20 starts, which should be enough and is more than he got at West Brom.

Is Torres consistent ?... :wank2:

No. Did i say something different?

No lol. But you said that he is better than Torres and Ba, yet he is inconsistent. Making it sound like u meant that it makes him (Lukaku) not better than Torres.

If that's not what u meant then my bad.