Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Nope. I disagree.

He needs to fulfill his destiny right here. The kid can make it - joined by a another great striker. The problem of having Torres and Ba (as a in between pope) cannot hinder our relation with Lukaku (nor what we do with Courtois and I hope KDB).

It is time for the three of them (Courtois could wait, but I added him also considering Petr is amazing but getting more and more injury prone. I'd like a GK that can step up when those moments become more and ore frequent) to get in and compete. Period.

Why have we bought promising youngsters - future world beaters that - at the time they are demonstrably ready - run a risk of getting (maybe) offloaded in exchange for another, get loaned back again when they top the charts in scoring whil one runs hot in Spain, the other has the entire Bundesliga after his ass and the last one has a nomination for young EPL player of the year after a season he didn't even play that much and still had everything to prove,

I wonder. Some of us love to set the targets so high - disappointment is your only option. Winning the CL is pretty unique. We should keep real about ourselves without forgetting we are champions - especially if we want to keep building, which implies respecting our young talents AND giving them a chance - not just other loans until ... 'once, maybe, if ever, in due time, when they are PROVEN' - (especially if the are actually so ready now!).

We should get real here instead of dreaming of an exotic NEW shiny toy to talk about. In the case of Lukaku - he is very much the real deal, I believe. It means we have to get him back here, give him our confidence and grow him into the man we want him to be.

shut-up-and-take-my-money11.jpeg

Want him back, hahah

Nope. I disagree.

He needs to fulfill his destiny right here. The kid can make it - joined by a another great striker. The problem of having Torres and Ba (as a in between pope) cannot hinder our relation with Lukaku (nor what we do with Courtois and I hope KDB).

It is time for the three of them (Courtois could wait, but I added him also considering Petr is amazing but getting more and more injury prone. I'd like a GK that can step up when those moments become more and ore frequent) to get in and compete. Period.

Why have we bought promising youngsters - future world beaters that - at the time they are demonstrably ready - run a risk of getting (maybe) offloaded in exchange for another, get loaned back again when they top the charts in scoring whil one runs hot in Spain, the other has the entire Bundesliga after his ass and the last one has a nomination for young EPL player of the year after a season he didn't even play that much and still had everything to prove,

I wonder. Some of us love to set the targets so high - disappointment is your only option. Winning the CL is pretty unique. We should keep real about ourselves without forgetting we are champions - especially if we want to keep building, which implies respecting our young talents AND giving them a chance - not just other loans until ... 'once, maybe, if ever, in due time, when they are PROVEN' - (especially if the are actually so ready now!).

We should get real here instead of dreaming of an, W shiny toy to talk about. In the case of Lukaku - he is very much the real deal, I believe. It means we have to get him back here, give him our confidence and grow him into the man we want him to be.

So @Stingray is capable of making insightful posts! Completely agree with you here - sooner or later we need to incorporate the hotshots in our squad. Now the difference is if we do it when they have an older colleague to instruct them and guide their development or we wait a few years till the veteran players retire and throw the younger ones out into the dark blue sea and see if they can swim on their own. I think the first option has more potential to get the most out of them. They have proved to be the best of the best in their age group - how the hell are they not suited to our standards?

Here we go again...

Yeah, sorry.

I wil 'up the ante' for you and keep the 'meme wars' in check. They can be tiresome when reality is under threat.

I do sometimes post links that have a meaning to humankind. You must have missed that somehow. :yay:

Back to the pub. :Goober:

@OptaJoe: 44 - Romelu Lukaku has been offside more frequently than any other player in the PL this season (every 44 mins on average). Flagged.

Apologies, it is most frequent offsides, not the most.

Being flagged offside and actually being offside are two of a kind these days, really, so that stat means nothing. The offside is kinda Rvps and Chicaritos natural habitat, still they are scarcely flagged.

Really should have scored 2 goals/ Needs to be more clinical

Sure he need to, but I feel him as a dangerous guy inside or near to the penalty box... he has really good pace for his weight/height.

When I see Torres I just want to comb his hair, fu** you Barbie :Goober: