Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8474316/Romelu-Lukaku-believes-he-can-become-a-legend-at-Chelsea

Romelu Lukaku wants to return to Chelsea in the summer and become a legend for the club.

The Belgium international striker is currently on loan at West Brom and has scored nine Premier League goals for the Baggies this season.

But the 19-year-old sees his long-term future at Stamford Bridge and believes there is still time for him to become a star with the Blues.

"Yeah, that is the dream. That's what I signed for Chelsea for," Lukaku told Sky Sports News.

"My aim is to play at the Bridge and to be a legend over there in the future.

"But the time is going so really I need to keep playing. And hopefully in the next few years become one of the key elements at the Bridge.

The signing of Demba Ba in January looks to have made Lukaku's task of earning a starting spot at Chelsea a trickier one but the powerful forward is undaunted by the competition.

"That's the thing when you play for Chelsea. They will always sign big players," he added.

"So now it is up to me to show I can go over there and play and do the same as he does now."

Its no surprise he wants to play for Chelsea.

Its no surprise that he is very good and very talentful. (some of you guys didnt know that before his loan)

HOWEVER its no surprise that this guy wants to be a regular or at least play very much. At the moment that isnt possible with Ba and Torres.

If we intend on still playing the 4-2-3-1 that creates problem because we are likely to buy a striker in the summer transfer window and hopefully Torres will be gone. That will leave us with ba, a new striker. I dont think Lukaku wants to return under those circumstances. I cannot see us having 3 strikers like that.

So I am pretty convinced that if we buy someone like Cavani/Falcao we wont recall Lukaku for at least 2 seasons or so. Then we will probably sell Ba and go with Falcao/cavani+lukaku.

With everyone clear that not only would Romelu Lukaku like to remain
with us next season on loan, but that Albion would welcome it, Steve
Clarke had rubbished rumours that the player has an automatic extension
clause in his original loan deal with us.

Speaking to the press, Clarke said of the rumours.

'That is ridiculous. He is simply on a season long loan from Chelsea, nothing else.'

Clarke said that if anything was to happen with Rom next season, it would require fresh negotiations with Chelsea again.

I think he deserves a chance to prove himself rather than sending him on loan again first. Look how well he is doing at WBA with a team with inferior creativity compared to us. If he was in a team with Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses etc he is bound to score even more goals. He is only going to get better as well and I would like to see him here next season. Getting better every game and he can be a big success story at the Bridge next season.

True this!

I have never doubted he wanted to return to the Bridge after all!

Some people here blamed him for his eagerness to play. Stating he's only 18-19 years old and he couldn't claim a place in the team.

I totally understand this reaction BUT I also think you should admire a 18 year old player for showing this ambition!

When he says he wants to play... he really means this. A 18-19 year old kid running around on the training ground amongst these 'star' players.

One could say it's arrogant... but I admire him for that.

He shows what it is to have such a strong willingness to be on that pitch... and defend the Chelsea colors. Don't forget he truly is a chelsea fan... just like us!

Imagine anyone of us being offered to be in the squad... we would go insane wouldn't we?

So I like a 19 year old youngster (who's maybe a little bit naive because of his ambition) FAR better... than any 28 year old 'star', coming here to live a fancy life in London & earning loads of cash for him and his WAG!! I want motivated players who have a career planning that doesn't involve changing clubs every Mercato and who are willing to work 90 minutes for the team... OUR team.

Lukaku's sentence: "my dream is to play at the Bridge in the future and to become a chelsea legend" => gotta love him for that!!