Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Now, I read Lukaku´s representatives want to meet Chelsea´s management after January transfer window is closed to extend his stay at WB for another year.

If all of these stories are true, then one might ask. Why Chelsea bought him in the first place ?

Is he not ready to play for Chelsea yet ?

Today I read, Chelsea made an offer of 8.5m for rising Spanish player Iago Aspas.

Something props me to ask here. Are they all there at Stamford ?

Now, I read Lukaku´s representatives want to meet Chelsea´s management after January transfer window is closed to extend his stay at WB for another year.

If all of these stories are true, then one might ask. Why Chelsea bought him in the first place ?

Today I read, Chelsea made an offer of 8.5m for rising Spanish player Iago Aspas.

Its very simple actually.

Atm we got Ba and Torres. We are stuck with torres untill the summer and Chelsea doesnt want to be stuck with Torres in europa league, that is why we will buy someone cheap.

Recalling Lukaku now would make him compete with ba and Torres, and that would lead to less playtime, so it would be a very bad move

Its very simple actually.

Atm we got Ba and Torres. We are stuck with torres untill the summer and Chelsea doesnt want to be stuck with Torres in europa league, that is why we will buy someone cheap.

Recalling Lukaku now would make him compete with ba and Torres, and that would lead to less playtime, so it would be a very bad move

Are Chelsea not going to give him a proper chance next year ? I am not asking for now, am I ?

I think that will depend on what will happen with Torres. If a club makes a bid for him or not.

True, but i can't imagine were not going after a big name striker in summer..

Edit: just saw your post in 'Falcao' thread, you got a point at point 3..

Then, my question still remains the same. Why did Chelsea buy Lukaku ?

Now, he wants to stay at WB for another year. Providing Chelsea gets lucky & buys Falcao, mind you it does not look too promising atm though.

Lukaku & his chance to play for.... ?

If I were Roman, I certainly would go after Gourlay, then.

Well, if one reads the article & believes it, then what do you expect us to say ?

Perhaps, you should refrain from calling folks stupid here & take their responses as to what they read out of it ?

Subsequently write to the Sun & call them stupid for posting it.

I don't know how well informed you are with the British press, but The Sun is used in most homes as toilet paper. You should never, ever read one of their articles and take it at face value, they are the worst offenders in Britain for hyperbolic journalism.

First off, I'm starting to wonder whether you are a Chelsea fan or simply someone trying to stir up shit. Apologies if you're sincere (also, it's Stamford Bridge - Stamford is a place in Lincolnshire I think).

As for Lukaku, the kid got mightily fucked around last year but he still wants to play for the club. His attitude is fine - he needs to focus on what he's doing for West Brom rather than distracting himself with the soap opera at the Bridge.

We bought him because he's one of the best young strikers in world football, something is going some way to showing at West Brom. He'll need to sort out next season as soon as possible so that he knows what he'll be doing in pre-season. Personally I'd want every player on loan to get together and be assessed by our new manager (hopefully) and go from there.

First off, I'm starting to wonder whether you are a Chelsea fan or simply someone trying to stir up shit. Apologies if you're sincere (also, it's Stamford Bridge - Stamford is a place in Lincolnshire I think).

Stamford Bridge is a village in East Yorkshire so matter no what he said it could have been mistaken for something else...

Stamford Bridge is a village in East Yorkshire so matter no what he said it could have been mistaken for something else...

Good Googling skills there, completely missing the point but okay.

My point was that no-one calls the Bridge 'Stamford'. But if you think that confusion over the use of Stamford Bridge on this forum is something real then I apologise. Maybe I should stop referring to it as the Bridge in case people think I'm talking about Prince Albert or the Golden Gate.

As for Lukaku, the kid got mightily fucked around last year but he still wants to play for the club. His attitude is fine - he needs to focus on what he's doing for West Brom rather than distracting himself with the soap opera at the Bridge.

We bought him because he's one of the best young strikers in world football, something is going some way to showing at West Brom. He'll need to sort out next season as soon as possible so that he knows what he'll be doing in pre-season. Personally I'd want every player on loan to get together and be assessed by our new manager (hopefully) and go from there.

Let me ask you one simply question & pay attention, this time.

Have I not explained to you yesterday that I simply used shortened version of the name Stamford ? Just for the convenience of less writing. Whether that is a place in Lincolnshire or not is irrelevant to me.

Secondly, all I posted about Lukaku here was what the papers are saying & subsequently my opinion of it. Certainly, I should be entitled to it & do not need to ask permission for it, I feel.

I have got mine, you have got yours.

Since his representatives are meeting with Chelsea at the end of this month, I assume he instructed them to work it out for his best interest.

Now, as I already said, he would prefer to extend his loan for another year. Therefore, my legitimate question followed.

If I may, in case you do not like my postings, then refrain from responding to it but do not doubt whether I am a Chelsea fan or if I am stirring shit here as you eloquently wrote it.

I don't see it as a bad thing if he stays at west brom for a bit longer. He is still our player and we have all seen his improvement since having a lot more play time and i would rather him play and get better elsewhere than sit on our bench. Then in a season and a half time hopefully he can step up to our team and play a big role.

I really don't want him at West Brom for another season.

We want to develop this player - not mold him into another team's plans.

We need him to try out a team with completely different tactics now. A team which puts all the emphasis on build up play and possession. There's no good working perfectly well at West Brom and then failing at Chelsea because the way the team plays is completely new.

To be a truly great centre forward, you have to have versatility. We won't see that versatility unless he joins a new team. I've no idea which team would be good for him though for a year. I'd quite like to see him at Werder Bremen with De Bruyne staying there another season, but it's rare that we loan a player to another Premier League team and see him do so well, so it'd be a shame to take him out of this environment where we intend on eventually using him.

Let me ask you one simply question & pay attention, this time.

Have I not explained to you yesterday that I simply used shortened version of the name Stamford ? Just for the convenience of less writing. Whether that is a place in Lincolnshire or not is irrelevant to me.

Secondly, all I posted about Lukaku here was what the papers are saying & subsequently my opinion of it. Certainly, I should be entitled to it & do not need to ask permission for it, I feel.

I have got mine, you have got yours.

Since his representatives are meeting with Chelsea at the end of this month, I assume he instructed them to work it out for his best interest.

Now, as I already said, he would prefer to extend his loan for another year. Therefore, my legitimate question followed.

If I may, in case you do not like my postings, then refrain from responding to it but do not doubt whether I am a Chelsea fan or if I am stirring shit here as you eloquently wrote it.

To your first point, I've never heard anyone call it that. It just sounds weird, but it's up to you. Why not simply call it the Bridge like every other fan (it's actually 2 letters shorter)?

As to the larger point about Lukaku, I was simply offering my opinion. Like I said, I apologise if you're being sincere.

I don't see it as a bad thing if he stays at west brom for a bit longer. He is still our player and we have all seen his improvement since having a lot more play time and i would rather him play and get better elsewhere than sit on our bench. Then in a season and a half time hopefully he can step up to our team and play a big role.

The point that gets overlooked regarding him and other players (like Lampard) is that the new manager (fingers crossed) has to have a say in what he does next season. West Brom might be a great place for him but if the new guy fancies using him next year then that's even better. A lot depends on Ba though, who I've only ever really thought of as a short-term solution. If he continues playing well then maybe he stays.

Ultimately there's four months left of this season and a lot of things are still up in the air. All he has to focus on is his next game for West Brom.