Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Im sorry but anyone who thinks lukaku isn't worth 18 million knows nothing about him. give him two seasons and he will be brilliant, people seem to forget how young he is. 19 for god sake, we didn't give him any real time in the prem last season so he is busy finding his feet. Just have patience.

We really had a major fuck-up when we signed this lad for 18m !! that for me was a worse piece of business than 50m for Torres .

what are you talking about? the kid's a beast and a goalscorer! How much football have you watched in your young life?

And its not 18M its 12M plus performance add ons

With 19 years old, he should be much much better than he is.

If we want him to be our senior striker 4 or 5 years from now, he must reach the same level of Drogba/RVP/Aguero/Cavani/Falcao. He just does not have the talent, it is not something he can improve, he wasnt born with it.

People get so angry when I say those things about Lukaku becvause they want us to have made a great deal and that he turns into a new Drogba or Ronaldo (real one). Well, I want it to, but that just aint gonna happen!

Strikers take time to come into their own. Everyone of the names you mentioned didn't hit their stride until 24-25 and in some case 28!

I disagree with you and must agree with Rmpr.

I think he will never be an elite forward.

To be an elite forward, he must be better in the link-up play, more variation on his runs to not only score on ball-through when he beats an high line defense or a header on a cross to the second post.

What part of 19 don't you understand? Good lord...

Strikers take time to come into their own. Everyone of the names you mentioned didn't hit their stride until 24-25 and in some case 28!

It is not about when they achieve their potential, it is about how far can they go (no matter if they will ever achieve that or when they will)...

Lukaku does not have the potential to be world class. It is like saying just becaue a good player is 19 years old means he will become a top10 players if he has discipline, work hard and stay in the right path. The talent that some lucky people are born with is what puts them in another level. Of course they also need to do have commitment, but they have a big potential.

Lukaku just doesnt have an absolutely huge one!

That's not panicking my friend , since the start of our negotiations with Lukaku it was pretty obvious that the lad's set of skills and footballing abilities are very limited , he is physically unbelievable for a 19 yrs old kid but the football talent is not there , I never wanted us to proceed with this signing and I am really surprised the club didn't notice how limited the guy is !

At his best , he will be a Keweyne Jones or If we are really really lucky he may be as good as Adebayor but he will never be as good as players mentioned above like Drogba , Aguero , Van persie , he is just not gifted with the enough skills.

It is not about when they achieve their potential, it is about how far can they go (no matter if they will ever achieve that or when they will)...

Lukaku has not the potential to be world class. It is like saying just becaue a good player is 19 years old means he will become a top10 players if he has discipline, work hard and stay in the right path. The talent that some lucky people are born with is what puts them in another level. Of course they also need to do have commitment, but they have a big potential.

Its funny because many would've said the same thing about Didier... You don't know brother, if he keeps working hard and has the desire to become one of the best skies the limit.

That's not panicking my friend , since the start of our negotiations with Lukaku it was pretty obvious that the lad's set of skills and footballing abilities are very limited , he is physically unbelievable for a 19 yrs old kid but the football talent is not there , I never wanted us to proceed with this signing and I am really surprised the club didn't notice how limited the guy is !

At his best , he will be a Keweyne Jones or If we are really really lucky he may be as good as Adebayor but he will never be as good as players mentioned above like Drogba , Aguero , Van persie , he is just not gifted with the enough skills.

He's already better than Jones... You kids are like virgins on prom night, NO PATIENCE! Don't mug yourself before the big show, wait for it!

Lukaku has not the potential to be world class. It is like saying just becaue a good player is 19 years old means he will become a top10 players if he has discipline, work hard and stay in the right path. The talent that some lucky people are born with is what puts them in another level. Of course they also need to do have commitment, but they have a big potential.

I must disagree with you on this one. Lukaku was born with a specific talent, he's a freak of nature (his body, e.g. Rooney). That's something you can't teach or develop either and that's what makes him different than Aguero, Cavani, Falcao, Van Persie,...That's what makes him unique. So if he can develop that talent, then he has the potential to become a world-beater using that unique talent. Rooney was the same, wasn't he? Physically very developed, but it's not like his technique was or is jaw-dropping. Btw, a bit extreme this, isn't it: "There are some things that are impossible to teach (shot, drible, passing vision, first touch, ball control, etc), the footballer must be born with it." I better quit being a youth trainer :), no point.

The only thing that worries me is his attitude but the media do twist his words, I try to watch as many original interviews with him as possible and usually they honestly are nothing like what they SOUND like when I read them on sky sports or elsewhere the next day

example: I want to stay at West Brom and improve playing games here every week so I can return to Chelsea a better player

What is then on sky sports or elsewhere: I want to stay at West Brom, I don't play at Chelsea, what is the point of returning there.

this critique of lukaku is ridiculous. There is only one striker in the world who had comparable stats at his young age, and that was (the real) Ronaldo. Lukaku has the gift of scoring goals, and that is the only thing that cannot be taught or improved.

Ever since he was playing in youth teams, there was no team in europe that did not want him. There is a reason why. If it's about "potential", he is about as good as it gets. But apparently some people think that they can judge a player's future based purely on his contemporary level in a very limited range of skills: his technical ability. All the scouts in all of europe in all these years, well, they must have been deluded or something. Jesus.

Chelsea payed good money for one of the biggest talents in europe, in the hardest position on the pitch: striker. We'll see what it comes to.

I wont argue with some Belgians that just got their egos hurt and arent sensible enough to have a civilized discussion (the ones who I am talking to know who they are).

Comeback 5 years from now and be man enough to appologise if I am right, I will do the same...

Merry Christmas!

He's a beast for a 19 year old. He already scoring regularly in the most competitive league in the world. He's got a lot of potential. I bet no one would criticise him if he was standing in front of them. Lol. But seriously i see him as a future star in two years or so. Hopefully sooner. Go chelsea !!!

I wont argue with some Belgians that just got their egos hurt and arent sensible enough to have a civilized discussion (the ones who I am talking to know who they are).

Comeback 5 years from now and be man enough to appologise if I am right, I will do the same...

Merry Christmas!

i think this quote tells more about you then about the ' Belgians who got their Ego hurt'.

First of all, I think you've got no right to write off Lukaku at this stage. We all know he needs to work on certain things, and so I give you credit for reminding this to the rest of us. Thank you.

However, you, certainly as ' member of the month ', should nuance in your perception. I think seeing two sides of the same story is something which will come handy, not only on

this forum, but also in your real life. Therefore, I would like to tell you that Lukaku already achieved more in football than most other star players at his age.

Please remember the fact that Romelu is only 19. I'm sure you realise the fact that there're not many teenagers scoring goals in the premier league. Hereby comes that he doesn't get a lot of game time, let alone starting opportunities.

Also, although i like Chelsea very much, I think the club didn't give the lad a proper chance last year. I'm not saying Chelsea had to, because indeed, in my opinion he was not ready yet.And for a matter of fact, I think he's still not ready at the moment.

However, if you're sure already that Romelu Lukaku has not the potential to be a world class striker, then please private message me and leave me your number. I would be ever grateful if I could visit you, because I can use a good fortune teller. ( I would love to win the lottery and i'm guessing you know the winning numbers already. Also, I can use some advice about where i can find a hidden treasure under the ground, somewhere in Belgium. However, if you're sure there's a hell lot of money under the ground in Spain for instance, I'm not ashamed to take the plane to that country)

Merry X-Mas to all on this forum and sincerely,

Keikoismad

I do have hopes for Romelu, but let's be honest with our selves, the reason he is scoring atm is mainly due to his physical attributes and not his footballing abilities. And while there is nothing wrong with that ( a goal is a goal regardless of how it's scored) unless he improves his footballing abilities A LOT he won't improve enough as a striker because physicality alone won't get a you a role at Chelsea.

i think this quote tells more about you then about the ' Belgians who got their Ego hurt'.

First of all, I think you've got no right to write off Lukaku at this stage. We all know he needs to work on certain things, and so I give you credit for reminding this to the rest of us. Thank you.

However, you, certainly as ' member of the month ', should nuance in your perception. I think seeing two sides of the same story is something which will come handy, not only on

this forum, but also in your real life. Therefore, I would like to tell you that Lukaku already achieved more in football than most other star players at his age.

Please remember the fact that Romelu is only 19. I'm sure you realise the fact that there're not many teenagers scoring goals in the premier league. Hereby comes that he doesn't get a lot of game time, let alone starting opportunities.

Also, although i like Chelsea very much, I think the club didn't give the lad a proper chance last year. I'm not saying Chelsea had to, because indeed, in my opinion he was not ready yet.And for a matter of fact, I think he's still not ready at the moment.

However, if you're sure already that Romelu Lukaku has not the potential to be a world class striker, then please private message me and leave me your number. I would be ever grateful if I could visit you, because I can use a good fortune teller. ( I would love to win the lottery and i'm guessing you know the winning numbers already. Also, I can use some advice about where i can find a hidden treasure under the ground, somewhere in Belgium. However, if you're sure there's a hell lot of money under the ground in Spain for instance, I'm not ashamed to take the plane to that country)

Merry X-Mas to all on this forum and sincerely,

Keikoismad

Typical, cant disagree or be sarcastic with anyone this days that they just go "internet warrior" mode...

Like I said, I wont argue with Belgians that just had their ego hurt and arent sensible to have a civilized conversation!

I am entitled of my opinion and will continue to expose it, respectfully. I have way more arguments on my side than yours, so all we can do is wait. At least I am not as one sided as you are, I still give the guy credid where he deserves (physically, balls, goalscorer gene, etc).

Besides, I wasnt even refering to you. This post of yours just tells me you did have your pride hurt and cant be civilized. I cant counter argument someone who judges me by a simple title and act like a kid, going over some absurd future teller bullshit. Being MOTM is an immense honour, but I will still be me, I wont be influenced by my status nor I think I am beter because of it. None of my actions show it and I am in no way being rude or giving a bad example to the forum. Also, just because I dont see a natural talent inside Lukaku, it doesnt mean I am trying to be a clairvoyant.

What did I do for you to get agreesive like that? Was it because I said how I honestly feel about Romelu?