Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

But if we get Falcao and he becomes a hit goal scoring wise then Lukaku will beccome a bit obselete until Falcao leaves (which may be for a few years), he is not going to wait that long to be Chelsea's main striker.

If his first touch has not improved then I do fear for him. From what I have seen and the way he plays, his first touch and overall ability to control the ball wil prevent him (imo) of being able to performe at a top club trying to win trophies. I mean jut look at Trres and how everybody frwns apon the way he controls the ball, Lukaku will have the same issues.

It's not that much of an issue, his first touch isn't actually that bad, yes he looked awful pre season but I've watched at least 4 full west brom games including the one today (well yesterday) and his first touch wasn't really a problem. He never really had to make any good touches like i stated however, but it's not all that bad. Lukaku is a passionate and consistent goal scorer, he will make it into the team believe me. Players like Demba Ba don't have a great first touch, however he's a lethal finisher and grabs at least 15 goals a season. Lukaku just isn't special with his touch that's all it is. But i think him being physical and being in the right place right time might be all what we need. Maybe he wont be our number one striker but i know for a fact he could be one useful one for us, i think he's worth it.

I'm not to keen on getting Falcao though if I'm honest, he isn't a great team player and doesn't provide great work rate and seems to be a very average passer of the ball. Although he can be very expensive we should really go for Cavani as he can fit the role like Drogba did (obviously he's not the same as Drogba), however he can be that team player.

Although he can be very expensive we should really go for Cavani as he can fit the role like Drogba did (obviously he's not the same as Drogba), however he can be that team player.

But that role that Drogba played doesn't exist in the same way anymore and it won't in future if things go to plan. I love the progress he's making, but I think he's going to have to share that striker role or be our 'plan b', although a lot can change.

But that role that Drogba played doesn't exist in the same way anymore and it won't in future if things go to plan. I love the progress he's making, but I think he's going to have to share that striker role or be our 'plan b', although a lot can change.

4-2-3-1 is our system

With the Mazacar likely to be our new way of playing football wheather we like it or not, work rate is going to have to be placed somewhere, we are going to have a lot of defensive issues. We also need a more physical and animal upfront just like Drogba was, Cavani is exactly that, he's passionate.

Thing is bring up Falcao again, may be going slighly off topic here but I'll get back onto the point, if Falcao flops here or finds it hard, he will do what Torres did. He will go into his shell because he can't do anything else, I KNOW for a fact Cavani would chase that fucking ball down, and he would be coming back to win it regardless of what happens, he wont give up. That's his mentallity, we can't just have a team full of goal poachers can we?, look at United with there four strikers, Welbeck and Rooney are full of work rate, Van Persie is very good at holding the ball up and an extremely good finisher. Hernandez is the complete goal poacher and the right place right time person.

We can't just have Falcao and think everythings going to be all right cause it wont, our team needs a leader and a fighter up there right now, like Suarez is with Liverpool, the main man. At the moment we are lacking that main man in attack, Cavani is the right person and he could handle playing with quality with the likes of Lavezzi who he linked up with very well.

4-2-3-1 is our system

With the Mazacar likely to be our new way of playing football wheather we like it or not, work rate is going to have to be placed somewhere, we are going to have a lot of defensive issues. We also need a more physical and animal upfront just like Drogba was, Cavani is exactly that, he's passionate.

Thing is bring up Falcao again, may be going slighly off topic here but I'll get back onto the point, if Falcao flops here or finds it hard, he will do what Torres did. He will go into his shell because he can't do anything else, I KNOW for a fact Cavani would chase that fucking ball down, and he would be coming back to win it regardless of what happens, he wont give up. That's his mentallity, we can't just have a team full of goal poachers can we?, look at United with there four strikers, Welbeck and Rooney are full of work rate, Van Persie is very good at holding the ball up and an extremely good finisher. Hernandez is the complete goal poacher and the right place right time person.

We can't just have Falcao and think everythings going to be all right cause it wont, our team needs a leader and a fighter up there right now, like Suarez is with Liverpool, the main man. At the moment we are lacking that main man in attack, Cavani is the right person and he could handle playing with quality with the likes of Lavezzi who he linked up with very well.

I've addressed this point in the other thread but the conclusion is the same - one year ago I would've agreed that Cavani was the right guy but looking to the future I think Falcao is.

are people here surprised his movement and finish etc are getting better? Heres a news flash for you: The more you play, the better and more used to it you get; compared to sitting on the bench.

And people were writing off Danny because he had a bad finishing touch when he played as CF. Go figure...

PS: Keep him loaned out untill the summer.

But if we get Falcao and he becomes a hit goal scoring wise then Lukaku will beccome a bit obselete until Falcao leaves (which may be for a few years), he is not going to wait that long to be Chelsea's main striker.

We won't play 1 up top for ever, if they both are on top of their game (if we get Falcao that is) then the manager will try and form a partnership out of them.

Also Lukaku isn't Torres, he is prepared to do what it takes to earn the number 1 spot and if that means fighting Falcao then he will relish the challenge.

Romelu has said on Facebook and Twitter that he does not want to return to Chelsea in January and is happy to stay at WB:

"I’d like to stay here for the rest of the season and there’s no question about that !!!"

fair enough, but not sure saying it publically like that was the best thing!

I look forward to seeing who we buy in Jan.

We won't play 1 up top for ever, if they both are on top of their game (if we get Falcao that is) then the manager will try and form a partnership out of them.

Also Lukaku isn't Torres, he is prepared to do what it takes to earn the number 1 spot and if that means fighting Falcao then he will relish the challenge.

From the way he kept giving interviews in the summer about how his "development" has been stagnanted by Chelsea (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/339875/Romelu-Lukaku-s-parting-shot-at-Chelsea - and he did this several times from, about May, someeting getting to the point of irritaton.) and th fact that most top clubs employ a system with one striker he i doubt he will want to keep being sent on loan or playing second fiddle to Falcao or another striker if they become a hit.

Long gets more minutes but is more useful for the team. But give Lukaku the minutes both Long and Torres have had, he will score more goals. But he'll also frustrate the hell out of you.

Everybody was moaning a bit at Lukaku during the WBA game against Norwich (lack of work rate, always asking the ball, etc). But then he heads home the winner just before the end of the game and everybody shuts up. That's Lukaku.

That said, he also have played games were he was very good at linking up play. But that's mostly when he comes on as a sub and just plays with the tired defenders like they don't exist.

Long gets more minutes but is more useful for the team. But give Lukaku the minutes both Long and Torres have had, he will score more goals. But he'll also frustrate the hell out of you.

Everybody was moaning a bit at Lukaku during the WBA game against Norwich (lack of work rate, always asking the ball, etc). But then he heads home the winner just before the end of the game and everybody shuts up. That's Lukaku.

That said, he also have played games were he was very good at linking up play. But that's mostly when he comes on as a sub and just plays with the tired defenders like they don't exist.

I agree. I watched the majority of the game yesterday and didn't think he played as well as he has done. It was one of his worse games for WBA. However he did make the odd run, he did provide some crosses, and he was in space sometimes with no delivery. BUT it was not a good performance. Important well executed header though.

but that is what you'd expect from a 19 year old. I think overall so far on his loan he has done exceptionally well. I look forward to him being part of our team in the future.

Lukaku will never lead our team. He does not have the talent to do so...

He will become a good second option, never world class!

We definetly overpayed for him, let him stay on loan until 2014, best for both sides.

Lukaku will never lead our team. He does not have the talent to do so...

He will become a good second option, never world class!

We definetly overpayed for him, let him stay on loan until 2014, best for both sides.

I agree but i hope lukaku proves us wrong.

A bit harsh isn't it?, he's done nothing but put good performances in and he's 19 years old.

I mean what you just said there is something you would say if he's having a bad spell, when it's actually the complete opposite. Who knows how good he could be when he's 23, I'm guessing he will be a great player to grab goals, i would love to have our very own Hernandez. Someone who scores the goals, and Lukaku seems like that player.

Agreed, has there ever been someone that young being able to lead a team like us?

A bit harsh isn't it?, he's done nothing but put good performances in and he's 19 years old.

I mean what you just said there is something you would say if he's having a bad spell, when it's actually the complete opposite. Who knows how good he could be when he's 23, I'm guessing he will be a great player to grab goals, i would love to have our very own Hernandez. Someone who scores the goals, and Lukaku seems like that player.

With 19 years old, he should be much much better than he is.

If we want him to be our senior striker 4 or 5 years from now, he must reach the same level of Drogba/RVP/Aguero/Cavani/Falcao. He just does not have the talent, it is not something he can improve, he wasnt born with it.

People get so angry when I say those things about Lukaku becvause they want us to have made a great deal and that he turns into a new Drogba or Ronaldo (real one). Well, I want it to, but that just aint gonna happen!