Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Simple answer is Torres + cash = Falcao

That's the win/win scenario for both teams.

As @hutcho CFC says, Lukaku can be our Super Sub, instead of for a team above us in the league...

Once we get a GOOD striker I think the morale in the team will improve as we will have 11 players on the pitch not 10!!!

Torres will never be subbed while Rafa is there.

Wrong, it's like some people think Rafa is in love with Torres. He subbed him while he was at Liverpool - one time when they weren't even winning, and there's a popular gif of Gerrard's reaction to that.

If he's not playing well and there's another option, Rafa for one will take him off, or make it 2 up top if we need a goal.

Lukaku surely now must be first choice for west brom he has got more goals then long in lesser minutes.On the topic of calling him back i dont think we should call him back just yet i say give him 2 uninterrupted years at west brom and then recall him.

Wrong, it's like some people think Rafa is in love with Torres. He subbed him while he was at Liverpool - one time when they weren't even winning, and there's a popular gif of Gerrard's reaction to that.

If he's not playing well and there's another option, Rafa for one will take him off, or make it 2 up top if we need a goal.

The problem is that although you and I think almost every striker is above Torres. Roman clearly wants his investment to pan out. He has hardass business mind that his investment can't fail and will eventually come good.

It ain't all about Rafa, there's a lot pressure on him.

True. He also famously subbed him off in the CL semifinal match against us in 2008. But as @Miracle, said, the problem is Rafa is probably being asked to play him by Roman.

Recalling Lukaku to have him as our 'super sub' is ridiculous.

If he's scoring goals at West Brom from starting or from coming off the bench, I don't care, because he's scoring goals. It all goes towards his experience and it builds his reputation within the league, it's a gradual process. If he's not getting a major amount of game time, but still scores, it's brilliant; as next season he will most likely start more games for West Brom or whoever else wants him.

Remember, for him, he is building himself to be no. 1 at Chelsea, and to do that he has to first become no. 1 at West Brom, or whoever else. So what's the point in recalling him early to be no. 2, or even 3, here??? One step forwards, two steps back. Drogba made his name as a starter, not a 'super sub'. If we wanted a 'super sub' we would've kept Kalou...

Edit: And, obviously, he doesn't have as much weight or expectation on his shoulders playing for a lesser team(s), which is quite influential.

His movement is so much better this year, as is the use of his body/his overall physique. His decision making/first touch is still a bit raw, but he's improving. He came across as a very humble guy in his MOTD interview saying that he sees the next 2 years as a crucial period in his development and he wants to continue working hard under managers like Steve Clark so that he can return to Chelsea and be the no.1 striker. He doesn't want to sit on the bench here, he wants to be the main man. Hope he stays at WBA and continues doing what he's doing.

How is his first touch? I hope it has improved becuase during pre-season (and the chances he got last season) it was absolutly dreadful and I feel that will really be a dsiadvantage to him.

His first touch is always going to be his weak point, that's just life, at his age he will struggle to turn that around.

West Brom played to his strengths, Lukaku did what he's good at, being a poacher. They where trying to support him, so Lukaku was just staying up the pitch, though when he did get the ball he looked very good. He's actually quite a skillfull player, and his passing is pretty decent.

He will be good for us in the future, every club needs it's goal scoring forward.

His movement is so much better this year, as is the use of his body/his overall physique. His decision making/first touch is still a bit raw, but he's improving. He came across as a very humble guy in his MOTD interview saying that he sees the next 2 years as a crucial period in his development and he wants to continue working hard under managers like Steve Clark so that he can return to Chelsea and be the no.1 striker. He doesn't want to sit on the bench here, he wants to be the main man. Hope he stays at WBA and continues doing what he's doing.

We can't bring him back, it's not fair on him. Plus he wont be ready for our team just yet, next season he might be able to fit in who knows.

Though that's what Lukaku is, he's a goal scorer, in the Belgian League he wasn't an all round player he was a goal scoring striker, and he was very good at what he did.

We can't bring him back, it's not fair on him. Plus he wont be ready for our team just yet, next season he might be able to fit in who knows.

Though that's what Lukaku is, he's a goal scorer, in the Belgian League he wasn't an all round player he was a goal scoring striker, and he was very good at what he did.

Agreed, he's making good progress. If he can establish himself as first choice in the WBA team (I know Clark likes his rotation), he'll have surpassed my expectations of him. Saying that, his goal return in a (largely) sub-role has been good so far. He's settled it seems, no point in disrupting that and limiting his development. He's got time on his side.

I still think he'll continue on loan next season, although you never know what can happen.

I think his all round game is improving. Obviously his physicality means he's a focal point for the team but he was making some very intelligent runs today and has been doing so whenever i've seen him play this year - He needs to be even more clinical I feel, but that will come with time. I think he's going to become a very diverse player if he carries on.

His first touch is always going to be his weak point, that's just life, at his age he will struggle to turn that around.

West Brom played to his strengths, Lukaku did what he's good at, being a poacher. They where trying to support him, so Lukaku was just staying up the pitch, though when he did get the ball he looked very good. He's actually quite a skillfull player, and his passing is pretty decent.

He will be good for us in the future, every club needs it's goal scoring forward.

But if we get Falcao and he becomes a hit goal scoring wise then Lukaku will beccome a bit obselete until Falcao leaves (which may be for a few years), he is not going to wait that long to be Chelsea's main striker.

If his first touch has not improved then I do fear for him. From what I have seen and the way he plays, his first touch and overall ability to control the ball wil prevent him (imo) of being able to performe at a top club trying to win trophies. I mean jut look at Trres and how everybody frwns apon the way he controls the ball, Lukaku will have the same issues.