Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

People can say of Romelu what they want, but I know one thing: he doesn't get much chances to play, but if he does so, he scores often.

Maybe it's because i'm Belgian and so a little patriotic, but I still believe he can become a world class forward

He wouldn't have been signed if he couldn't become a world class forward!

People can say of Romelu what they want, but I know one thing: he doesn't get much chances to play, but if he does so, he scores often.

Maybe it's because i'm Belgian and so a little patriotic, but I still believe he can become a world class forward

How is his first touch? I hope it has improved becuase during pre-season (and the chances he got last season) it was absolutly dreadful and I feel that will really be a dsiadvantage to him.

Hope we recall in Jan.

He's getting regular gametime, improving game to game and scoring goals. Short-term it might make sense but longer-term why not leave him there? He gets to experience a full season of first-team football and then come back in the summer ready to fight for a place with a clean slate under a new manager.

Unless we miss out on Falcao, leave him with Clarkey.

He's getting regular gametime, improving game to game and scoring goals. Short-term it might make sense but longer-term why not leave him there? He gets to experience a full season of first-team football and then come back in the summer ready to fight for a place with a clean slate under a new manager.

Unless we miss out on Falcao, leave him with Clarkey.

Will there really be a clean slate under a new manager in July? Benitez has an 18 month deal, for one. There's nothing to suggest Torres will leave before his contract expires. We'll have one, if not two more strikers signed by then. I'm not convinced scoring goals at West Brom is going to convince the Chelsea hierarchy (Sturridge at Bolton is a case in point). What they need to see is him scoring goals here from Jan onwards and show up the donkey Torres for what he is.

Will there really be a clean slate under a new manager in July? Benitez has an 18 month deal, for one. There's nothing to suggest Torres will leave before his contract expires. We'll have one, if not two more strikers signed by then. I'm not convinced scoring goals at West Brom is going to convince the Chelsea hierarchy (Sturridge at Bolton is a case in point). What they need to see is him scoring goals here from Jan onwards and show up the donkey Torres for what he is.

I believe there will be a clean slate. The amount of new players returning and established players moving on will see a big period of change, and hopefully that will be accompanied by a brand new manager.

Lukaku's future here is secure for at least another season because of the money invested in him and the faith in his ability. If we get Falcao in January, then what's the point in bringing back a guy who's developing well just to sit on the bench, possibly behind Torres?

I reckon we should sell torres, danny is already gone...

Buy a striker, ideally the likes of falcao, but we will see. And recall Lukaku to be number 2 super sub. People will say whats the point if he will sit on the bench a lot but he is doing a lot of that for west brom, and they are ahead of us now because of it. Also, i think if needed a lukaku and falcao could both play up top if we need a goal and with only 2 strikers he should get a similar amount of minutes to what he is getting at west brom.

Lukaku's future here is secure for at least another season because of the money invested in him and the faith in his ability. If we get Falcao in January, then what's the point in bringing back a guy who's developing well just to sit on the bench, possibly behind Torres?

Getting Falcao in Jan is a big if imo.

I believe there will be a clean slate. The amount of new players returning and established players moving on will see a big period of change, and hopefully that will be accompanied by a brand new manager.

As i said just abov, if we were to get rid of torres then he could be number 2 and get a similar amount of playing time. Also at what point do we stop saying that west brom will slip down eventually, as at the moment they are in competition with us and things are getting so close even looserpool arn't that far behind. There could be 6 teams competing for 2 spots if things continue as they are.... Hopefully, we sign a great striker and start to pull away but there are no guarentees.

Getting Falcao in Jan is a big if imo.

It could go either way, but we are definitely getting a striker of some sort as otherwise we will have 1 striker in the whole team. Unless we just recalled lukaku, which would be a very poor attack compared to others around us.

Does too. 18 month deal with an option to disengage in June if both parties feel so.

Source for this? Official website reported him being appointed only till the end of the season and he is always referred to as the interim manager by Chelsea.