test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Romelu Lukaku

Started by BlueLion.,

12,714 posts in this topic

Couldn't it be possible Lukaku himself wanted another loan? After some disappointments of being benched (and maybe the penalty miss against bayern) and eto'o, he wants more playing team, with his thoughts at the WC 2014?

Would've loved to see him stay, but for his own development, it's better. Sitting on a bench and playing 15 minutes in the end, will not do so much...

Jelavic didn't do much last season and Kone isn't that good, so he would be able to get the nr1 spot pretty quick.

I have a feeling the same thing. I am very annoyed with the loan but he probably realised he has not started our first 4 games and that is unlikely to change in the few weeks with Eto'o coming in so he probably wants to prove himself to the NT manager why he should be first choice and he can only do that by playing and scoring. Just really annoyed that we decided to get him out on loan now. Had he been at another club on loan from the beginning he could of had a few goals to his name and he will have to wait as Everton's first game is us and he obviously will be ineligible. Anyway hope he has a great season. Will support him on in every game and I won't be surprised for him to be scoring more than all our strikers if not combined together.

Ow come on. He got practically no playing time in the league while the strikers playing did basically nothing. Of course you start doubting yourself then. He obviously saw taking that penalty as his only chance to make himself important in short term and lost it because of the stress it caused. Which was not very clever of course but you don't have to be a psychologist to see that...

Pressure lessens if he gets more time to play. Pressure rises if every time you finally get on the field it feels like it's your only chance to shine.

imagine if he misses the sitter Oscar did against one big match in CL or title contender in EPL and we lose or draw because of that?

What I don't get is why.the.rush? It seems like he needs to be played otherwise he won't ever become a good player for Chelsea, but he's only 20!!!!!! I've seen many, many boys get those traumatizing experiences at such early age and never recover. If you guys prefer to take a risk, be my guests.

I've talked tiredly about his lack of mental maturity before the lousy penalty. I've said it so many times I tired everyone out. The first big problem in his hands, he crumbles. I can't judge him for that, he's only 20 after all, but I judged Mourinho a lot for allowing that to happen.

It doesn't make sense to me, mate, we could exchange posts til next season and I wouldn't understand your angle. It's not personal or anything. I just don't get it.

Tomo, Peace. and kellzfresh like this

Good move imo. Regardless of how many goals he scored last year, he still isn't ready to be first choice for Chelsea. Sure he's better than Torres and Ba, but it would halt his development if he's going to get playing time similar to what he's gotten till now. So it's best for both parties to allow him to develop further.

And, Everton is a great choice, I'm glad he went there instead of West Brom. We already know he can play in West Brom's playing style but that's nothing like Chelsea and Everton will be a great experience.

No need to rush with him, he's still young.

I hope he tears it up for Everton this season, would be funny if they ended up doing better under Martinez than Moyes. I don't think he has that much to worry about, none of the strikers we currently have are going to be around for the long haul, if we'd signed someone like Falcoa, Cavani or Rooney then he'd have reason to worry.

The knee-jerk reaction in here is ridiculous!

Lukaku will be going to a decent side and will be a starter. Chalobah and Josh can very well be loaned to Championship sides. Mata will be probably staying. Mourinho is finally back. And Chelsea has already a very good squad.

What is the panic all about?

It's not a panic at all.. wow... all last season we moaned and bitched about not having a class striker banging in 15 goals + whilst watching Lukaku do that for WBA. Then after a painful year of watching that we finally get back that goalscorer to only then loan him out again because we aquired the services of a 32 year old Eto'o who has been out of top flight football in a shitty Russian league. I won't listen to Schurrle can play Sriker either because I am yet to see him play as a striker at a top quality level.. he is a winger. That's why I'm annoyed and all this talk of development is a load of bollox, he had that last year and was more than ready as he showed in pre-season also. If we had signed a top class striker in the form of Lewandowski or Falcao I would have not been bothered at all about the loan but we didn't did we.

DustinC, Stats, Ramox and 1 other like this

But everton isn't even in the fucking europa league!

jesus fuck! they can't even settle on a crest!

This just. I don't understand. I didn't want him to go out on loan at all. But getting past that argument, there HAD to be a more suitable option. fuck fuck fuck. I don't even know what to say or think......

Well, its just that. We think he isnt ready. But .... We never play him: not two years ago, not now. Only in preseason and he scored enough then.

Its manager anxiety avoidance: better go with experience/expensive strikers. Understandable, emotionally comfortable, but factually delusional.

Please someone contact Ron Gourlay because Mourinho is broken and needs fixing, he's delusional! Maybe someone can go there and give some trainings and fix him. Prayer circle for that to happen!

This makes up for you bastards getting Rafa Benitez last year, back in love with Chelsea now!

Lukaku is our starting striker. Jelavic is shite and Kone has been abysmal so far.

What about Mirallas?

imagine if he misses the sitter Oscar did against one big match in CL or title contender in EPL and we lose or draw because of that?

What I don't get is why.the.rush? It seems like he needs to be played otherwise he won't ever become a good player for Chelsea, but he's only 20!!!!!! I've seen many, many boys get those traumatizing experiences at such early age and never recover. If you guys prefer to take a risk, be my guests.

I've talked tiredly about his lack of mental maturity before the lousy penalty. I've said it so many times I tired everyone out. The first big problem in his hands, he crumbles. I can't judge him for that, he's only 20 after all, but I judged Mourinho a lot for allowing that to happen.

It doesn't make sense to me, mate, we could exchange posts til next season and I wouldn't understand your angle. It's not personal or anything. I just don't get it.

Oh my god, how many times can you keep saying he's only twenty..

Just IMAGINE he'll miss an open chance. IMAGINE that this would happen!! Surely he would never recover from it.

He missed plenty of shots during the three years he played first team football (I'm not counting the year that went wasted because he played for your reserve squad). He also scored plenty of goals in that time. Something the current strikers haven't been doing for Chelsea in recent years. Who cares if he misses 2 when he scores 3.

He only lacks faith because it appears that it's not given to him at this club.

He'll most likely rip the PL apart this year, too bad they won't allow him to play against Chelsea. Maybe he'll be thought ready if he bullies our defense a couple of times.

Who gives a fuck if Everton aren't in the Europa League. They have just sold Anichebe and lack a decent CF as Kone and Jelavic are both hit and miss. Lukaku will get minutes there and hopefully score 10+ goals again.

This makes up for you bastards getting Rafa Benitez last year, back in love with Chelsea now!

Lukaku is our starting striker. Jelavic is shite and Kone has been abysmal so far.

Oh if it isn't my Favorite Scouser :D How goes it mate? Happy to be getting Lukaku? I am sure he will do the business for your side.

Who gives a fuck if Everton aren't in the Europa League. They have just sold Anichebe and lack a decent CF as Kone and Jelavic are both hit and miss. Lukaku will get minutes there and hopefully score 10+ goals again.

I care because if he HAD to go out on loan it should have been to a team competing on European football. Lukaku can't just magically come back ready for top level football at summer if we won't at least send him somewhere he can properly develop. I'm not even mad at the guy for missing the penalty. Drogba was exactly right. Those who don't try can't succeed. And if he isn't allowed to fail a few times at the top level he'll never be able to be a success at the top level.

I care because if he HAD to go out on loan it should have been to a team competing on European football. Lukaku can't just magically come back ready for top level football at summer if we won't at least send him somewhere he can properly develop. I'm not even mad at the guy for missing the penalty. Drogba was exactly right. Those who don't try can't succeed. And if he isn't allowed to fail a few times at the top level he'll never be able to be a success at the top level.

Everton compete at a high enough level for me, always pushing for the top 7 in the PL. Thats better than loaning him back to WBA who look like they will struggle this year. Beggars can't be choosers, we were desperate for a decent loan for him and we got one.