Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I would happily like to see a new striker come in at January and Lukaku to stay at west brom.

I have been watching Lukaku at west brom and his improvement is rapid. he still has a lot to do and i think after his loan spell at west brom has finished he should go out on loan for another half season or maybe full season to either west brom or a different club where he will be guarenteed to start every game in the premier league.

He's still young and looking very promising. My only worry si that we manage to keep him. Say we buy someone crazy in January like Falcao and we buy another average young striker as well for cover, i can see Lukaku wanting to run off to another club. if we lose him i will be gutted.

Would love to see a compilation video of Romelu at WB. all his highlights and some of his bad parts because from what ive seen, the good movements are way more frequent than the bad!

I agree that Lukaku should stay at West Brom, where he is obviously not the undisputed nr. 1. He is develloping his game, even without playing every match, but still needs to make a lot of progress. Even though he is a decent striker even now, at his young age, he is not quite good enough to carry the attack as the only striker in a world class team that aims to win the PL and CL. With ambitions this high, you need a striker (or preferably, two) who is at his prime; like Van Persie and Rooney, or Aguero and Tevez, for instance... Even though I am not a fan of these players, they are arguably at a different stage in their career and Lukaku has a long time ahead of him before he is their age (and of their ability).

Also, I think that this whole "return the kraken" hype is not really helping Romelu; why would WBA invest in a player that is leaving in a month's time, and put their other, capable strikers unhappily on the bench?

Edit: I just read that Rafa says "no to Lukaku return"; this might not be a bad thing, considering that WBA might be more inclined to use Romelu's potential to the max now.

However, we all know that this means more of Fe-Fe-Fernando.

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the West Brom game now, the keeper read him like a book, dived for it before he even took the shot.

It was a decent finish from Lukaku, and a difficult angle for him.

Meanwhile Snodgrass hits in a beauty of a free kick.

A good chance for Lukaku, probably should have scored. A shot with his right foot from the edge of the penalty area straight at the keeper.

It wasn't straight at the keeper, and had he scored you would've said it was a quality goal?, he was on an angle.

Unlucky for Lukaku, it was out of him or Gera to get on the scoresheet, as they both lashed in for the ball which was bouncing on the line off a deflected corner, though Gera was the one who just managed to get their a slit second before him.

Shown some nice dribbling skills, beat the fulback and whipped in a great cross on his left, goal keeper manages to punch it away, whilst mulumbu i think it is proves to be incredibly wasteful for the rebound shot and lobs it over the bar for some stupid reason.

Surpising to see that off Lukaku, as his technical abillity seems to be very blunt.

yes, he seems to have learned something there ...

Clark knows he's their most lethal striker, he's building the team around him, he took one of the West Brom players off at halftime for a winger just to support Lukaku. West Brom just can't get the ball to him, not even in the air, he needs better support.

Brilliant Lukaku! The commentator said he has been fantastic all day so he obviously has appreciated his work rate as well. I hope he comes back to be a revelation here. I can easily see him scoring goals here next season for fun!

People can say of Romelu what they want, but I know one thing: he doesn't get much chances to play, but if he does so, he scores often.

Maybe it's because i'm Belgian and so a little patriotic, but I still believe he can become a world class forward