Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I think his physique makes a lot of people forget his age. Nineteen years old.

Honostly, he's better then most 19 year old strikers around as far as I know. Strikers generally peak at 27-31. If he manages to improve his dribbling and overall technical game, which he still has loads of time for, he'll be great.

Damn good point. When did Ballotelli start to contribute more to his clubs? Was he already 20 or 21?

A recall on the cards for January? Last week Di Matteo mentioned about the possibility of getting him back in the winter transfer window and today Clarke didn't seem too confident about keeping him for the whole season by saying it's out of his hands.

From what I saw yesterday I was very impressed by Lukaku's movement. If he can make himself available in such good positions as he did yesterday with players like Morrison and Gera supplying him, I would very much like to see what he can do with our three little maestros. His finishing should have been better as he got two great chances in the first half, both of which he wasted but a goal early in the second half somewhat made up for it. West Brom play Southampton next, hopefully Lukaku can start again and score a couple of goals against their defense which has been the worst in the Premier League so far.

Damn good point. When did Ballotelli start to contribute more to his clubs? Was he already 20 or 21?

Balotelli made an impact for Inter's senior side when he was 18. But like Romelu, he was a physical freak as well. He looked 24-25 at 17. Thing with Balo though is that he didnt rely on his size a ton like Lukaku does so far, he was a good dribbler and had a wicked shot. Im kind of rambling now, but if you are curious just you tube his inter videos....it's quite a shame he has such a peculiar attitude. I think he could be a VERY special player.

On the topic of Lukaku, Im actually very pleased with his contributions for WBA. Like someone said, people forget hes just 19. Is there even another 19yo striker getting regular minutes in the epl right now?? Its late, so maybe im missing someone but i cant think of one.

Not sure if he has a future here. I dont see a player like Lukaku working in this system, unless you need to cross a lot of balls into the box when the time is dying and you need a goal.

And the usual target man talk where he creates space for other players to exploit?

His technique is what worries me. You're touch can't be that heavy at this level, simply doesn't work.

And if Falcao were to join in the winter/summer, I doubt Romelu would wait around for 4, 5 years to be a starter.

To be fair he could still develop a better touch. When DD first came he often had the touch of a rapist, and later as we all know he wound up with one of the best touches in the league.

Though I agree about if we were to acquire falcao. Don't see Lukaku sticking around.

To be fair he could still develop a better touch. When DD first came he often had the touch of a rapist, and later as we all know he wound up with one of the best touches in the league.

Though I agree about if we were to acquire falcao. Don't see Lukaku sticking around.

That's like saying Welbeck won't stick around because United brought RVP. If Sturridge ends up leaving and Torres also, Lukaku could develop into second choice behind a striker like Falcao and he would get plenty of game time in the future in such a position. He's young and has to keep his head down and work hard - there is enough raw talent there for him to develop into a very good striker in the future.

His technique is what worries me. You're touch can't be that heavy at this level, simply doesn't work.

And if Falcao were to join in the winter/summer, I doubt Romelu would wait around for 4, 5 years to be a starter.

Chill, he has Mata to teach him :D

True but he'd have to improve a lot.

That's like saying Welbeck won't stick around because United brought RVP. If Sturridge ends up leaving and Torres also, Lukaku could develop into second choice behind a striker like Falcao and he would get plenty of game time in the future in such a position. He's young and has to keep his head down and work hard - there is enough raw talent there for him to develop into a very good striker in the future.

Completely different cases. Van Persie's 29, Falcao's 26. He also still has Sturridge ahead of him. And United play with two strikers and due to Welbeck's versatility, he's also a option for a wide role.

Chill, he has Mata to teach him :D

Well Juan is a magician :lol:.

not good enough for the level reqiured for a chelsea forward/player. I HATE WHEN HE HAS HIS HAND OUT ASKING FOR THE BALL AS IF HE IS TORRES( they dont move/ surrounded by multiple opponents... and still asking for it) AND HIS GODGIVING RIGHTS. FUCKING POMPOUS OVERGROWN BUSTARD!!!!!!!WAIST OF MONEY