Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Not over the moon with him despite the goals.

He still is sort of a Heskey out there!

The technique still does need a bit of refinement but he has the time and the tools to improve. I thought he led the line well last night, his pace and power provide a real threat to opposition backlines and he took his goals well.

The technique still does need a bit of refinement but he has the time and the tools to improve. I thought he led the line well last night, his pace and power provide a real threat to opposition backlines and he took his goals well.

Is it me or Lukaku can't jump for shit?

Is it me or Lukaku can't jump for shit?

TBH I didn't really notice, I will look out for that more the next time I see him play. I would say that his touch is still occasionally a bit wayward as is some of his passing but even Drogba's touches and passes drew a bit of criticism early in his Chelsea career and he was significantly older than Lukaku.

Looking forward to see what he can do against the bigger teams. Again, he's only 19. Drogba came to Chelsea when he was 26 (I think?), so he has about 7 years to get to that level. :)

This is what I always said he was brought for the future, so people are ridicules trying to count him now in our present plan.

Truth is that he might not be ready for Chelsea first team till a couple of seasons.

He was pretty good imo, especially for someone who everyone (including me) at times compares to drogba which is unfair on him. His first touch wasn't great yesterday/today (whatever), but you saw in his second goal his emence strength, and pace to power passed the defender. For me i would hate to see him go on loan. He has a great chance of getting some games this season, as a backup to torres, and has shown he can be better than useful. Also if we loan him, we need to get someone else in as we can't just have 2 strikers, so why not keep him, and give him a chance. :)

He could smash Heskey for pace. A bit unfair tbh. He is still improving and may not hit his best for 5 years. He is only 19 aswell so could eve get taller... :)

Not ready for 5 years????

And then for 5 years rely on Torres and Sturridge???

Insanity, which is why I want another striker/winger to help give us that extra number.

I wonder if Moses can be the one to do that, giving that we might not get Hulk now.

I personally don't see the problem in loaning him to a Premiership side.

1) he gets experience

2) any goals he scores hurt our opposition

3) he won't play against us in loaned team, potentially making them weaker

I honestly cannot see a downside? Happy to be proved wrong tho :)