Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Someone on Twitter yesterday asked him " is it true that u refused to celebrate wit #CFC after CL victory cos u were not in d list of players for CL"

Lukaku replied " I didnt refuse it was hard to celebrate if you didnt to something to help the team winning something"

The ruckus created by the media stating Lukaku felt no joy at Chelsea's champions league win was obviously blown out of proportion.

I think if Hulk is brought then there is a spot this season for Lukaku as effectively third choice striker which will hopefully get him 5-10 starts during the season and about 20 games in total. Hulk will play on the right wing, but can give us an option as a striker if injuries/suspensions leave us thin.

If however we sign a genuine striker then he is likely to go out on loan as he'll get very little game time as a fourth choice.

I actually believe that RDM will give a couple of the youngsters a chance. It's easy to point to last season but at the business end of the season where every game was 'must win' he had to use tried and trusted experienced players. This however didn't stop him deploying Bertrand in the Champions League final. If players work hard and take their opportunities, IMO he'll put his trust in them. Lukaku had game time in the last couple of games and looked much better than when he first joined the club. He must build on that now in pre season.

I reckon Lukaku will be loaned out next season, regardless of whether we buy Hulk or some other good RW player.

You're right though, he showed some improvement in the last few games of the season.

So I reach you my hand to end the discussion and yet you think it's necessary to throw some more oil on the fire ... :fainthv9: . Fair enough dude!

1- With a mentality like that you only support the star players. Easy to do so... But you know sometimes new blood has to find a way through because the old stars are gone... Do you really think the club is managed by absolute idiots how pay 18m for a kid they saw playing rather good football? He's not a guy for the Academy... he's way too good for that. He needs gametime... nothing more, nothing less!

2 - Well than I would recommend you to read more! And who are you to tell me where to write?? I'm not biased... I'm a fan! And since I know him way better than you do. I think it's needed to stay in this topic as longs as I read this total b*llshit about him! But you are right in one way though... I'm not active in topics about Brazilian players. Not even in the Neymar topic (where everyone has an opinion about). And you know why? Because I don't know these guys so who am I to judge them. I have the attitude to only write something when I have something useful to say. Clearly something you need to learn!!!

1- Im not only support stars players, but I dont like when people try to make a player like Lukaku a star. He was a star in Belgium, here he is not, he deserve more playing time somewhere, but not here. So you just think we should do like: "well, we wont buying anyone, we will just take this guy and give him time and see what happens"?

2- yeah, why should you comment about a player you never saw? but guess what, I never saw Lukaku playing in Belgium, but I saw him playing at Chelsea, and I did not like what I saw.

Dude, stop trying to probe he is good enough to play here. Lukaku is the one who should to that, no you.

With torres arriving back late after the euros and sturridge likely to be in the olympics its a chance for lukaku to make early statements in pre season.

Remember he arrived after the season started last summer, a good pre season could be the making of him.

• 2 weeks later...

Copenhagen made an offer to loan Lukaku for the next season after getting Ariel Jacobs as a new manager (the person who put him in the first team in Anderlecth when he was 16), Chelsea saying no though because of that damn homegrown rule according to the agent. :(

So I guess unless another English club wants to loan him, he will stay here.

I think his new body shape will actually help him alot. I think he would still retain his core strength, which will still make it pretty hard to knock him off the ball. Before, when he played a few games for us he looked a bit 'clunky' and slow. Now he will be quicker and more agile.

To be fair to the lad last season wasn't the best season to be trying to impress, alot of the squad played their worst football of their Chelsea careers last season. Fingers crossed we'll get out of the blacks running in pre-season and the early league games and see the team playing with more fluidity and confidence. That'll make it easier for the likes of Lukaku to impress and force thier way into the first team.

I can think of better clubs to loan him to than Copenhagen..

Sure. But Jacobs loves Lukaku so he would be secured constantly playing if he came here and possible play champions league football or at least Europe league, something he wouldn't in any premier league team really. But of course the home grown rule is a big deal.

To be fair to the lad last season wasn't the best season to be trying to impress, alot of the squad played their worst football of their Chelsea careers last season. Fingers crossed we'll get out of the blacks running in pre-season and the early league games and see the team playing with more fluidity and confidence. That'll make it easier for the likes of Lukaku to impress and force thier way into the first team.

Just please lets not see him on the wing again, ffs that was frustrating to watch.

Accrington Stanley would be fine. He's guaranteed a lot of playing time there............................

He needs competitive football.

Yes lets completely ignore the quality of the teams and competitions and just say random dumb ass shit. His agent Christophe Henrotay even said Copenhagen would be great for Lukaku, but Chelsea won't allow it. The Danish league is pretty weak, around the same level as the Belgian, but he would also get lots of European experience in either CL or Europa League.

Yes lets completely ignore the quality of the teams and competitions and just say random dumb ass shit. His agent Christophe Henrotay even said Copenhagen would be great for Lukaku, but Chelsea won't allow it. The Danish league is pretty weak, around the same level as the Belgian, but he would also get lots of European experience in either CL or Europa League.

I was merely making the point that he said Copenhagen's fine due to the fact he'll get playing time, whereas he will at any club that doesn't exactly have quality.

He should be either loaned to Stoke or stay with us and get his time in Capital One Cup and games that we will lead 20 minutes before end or so. Or even some easy games. We were able to win lot of game with Torres on pitch playing shit, so we can risk this with Lukaku.

He should be either loaned to Stoke or stay with us and get his time in Capital One Cup and games that we will lead 20 minutes before end or so. Or even some easy games. We were able to win lot of game with Torres on pitch playing shit, so we can risk this with Lukaku.

Only Stoke?