Mario Götze

The only reason some of you think Oscar is better than Isco is because he plays for Chelsea.

Stats are an american thing that got into football and they don't mean anything, everyone should know that by now. Don't judge based on pointless numbers, judge based on what you see. From what I've seen Isco is comfortably a better #10 than Oscar. Better dribbler, better passer, better under pressure, better in big games, more consistent.

But I guess being better in the air and more versatile - which Oscar isn't - are more relevant to a #10 aren't they?

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its not hard to constantly stand around one player for 90 minutes. Lets be honest. If that was difficult then how come Lampard did it against Gerrard too despite being several years older and probably not as well in physical shape or condition as Oscar is. Its nothing to do with vast footballing intelligence or versatility, its to do a job that any player could do, you do that job and you basically sacrifice your own game to do it. He could of asked Willian, Hazard, Lampard, Mikel, Ivanovic, Brian the Go Compare robot... anyone who is able to follow basic instructions.

Its not like he was asked to man mark a great player like say Ronaldo like who Arda Turan was asked to mark or Messi who has whole teams playing so defensively to nullify him, is it? It was Gerrard and Pirlo, playing in the center of the pitch, in front of the center backs.... not players who can pop up basically anywhere in the opposition half and can score from virtually anywhere within 30 yards.

Against Juventus it was a different story because he did stuff going forward but when he hasn't produced much recently its pretty ridiculous to say "he hasn't produced this or that recently but oh he can run about and mark mark a 37 year old man because he listened to the coaches instructions" because I am not a professional footballer but I can run about and stand on the toes of a 37 year old man if I was told to do so. It doesn't make him a more valuable or better footballer than Isco. Hes a 10, 10s are known for chances created, goals, assists, intelligence, technique, etc etc. Isco is a better footballer.

i can tell you have never played football before. :fainthv9:

imagine thning anyone could do a man marking job! :doh: imagine thinking someone like Hazard, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo or even Mario Balotelli trying to man mark someone! :confused:

I gaurantee you dont even watch Isco play every week! Overrated! :clown:

i can tell you have never played football before. :fainthv9:

imagine thning anyone could do a man marking job! :doh: imagine thinking someone like Hazard, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo or even Mario Balotelli trying to man mark someone! :confused:

I gaurantee you dont even watch Isco play every week! Overrated! :clown:

Guess you're the one here who is massively overrating Oscar.

So many people on here clearly doesnt watch isco play regularly because if you did you would know how poor he is in the final third, his vision is poor his decision making is poor, his finishing ability is also poor. Too often he just doesnt see the pass, and ends up holding onto the ball for too long and the chance is gone. He also tries to dribble too much in the final third when he should pass, and he tries to pass when the pass isnt on, he needs to learn fast.

No one can connvince me Isco is better then Oscar, i watch both play week in week out, Oscar is a more complete player and has less weakness then Isco.

Guess you're the one here who is massively overrating Oscar.

no you like most people on here are massivley underrating Oscar! i had people telling me few weeks ago that Oscar has no vision and cant play a simple 5 yard pass, then he goes and plays an outrageous back heel to set up Hazard against Man United, and that wasnt the first time he has pulled off a pass like that! I am just glad Mourinho knows how good Oscar is.

I agree that Oscar is better then Isco who is being heavily overrated on here by some.

back to Gotze if he does leave Bayern i dont see where he would play for us and how he would improve us.

no you like most people on here are massivley underrating Oscar! i had people telling me few weeks ago that Oscar has no vision and cant play a simple 5 yard pass, then he goes and plays an outrageous back heel to set up Hazard against Man United, and that wasnt the first time he has pulled off a pass like that! I am just glad Mourinho knows how good Oscar is.

Really? Outrages? A professional player of his class has to make that pass, doesn't matter if it is a fancy back pass. You, obviously brag how you've played football, that is a pass you HAVE to make, lots of space, a runner who just needs the ball to arrive infront of him. I swear, same as the Torres thread. Everyone remembers bit part moments, when in truth Oscar has been incosistent for the past 3 years. Put down the blue tinted glasses, and I'm saying that without even giving a penny, about Isco.

Really? Outrages? A professional player of his class has to make that pass, doesn't matter if it is a fancy back pass. You, obviously brag how you've played football, that is a pass you HAVE to make, lots of space, a runner who just needs the ball to arrive infront of him. I swear, same as the Torres thread. Everyone remembers bit part moments, when in truth Oscar has been incosistent for the past 3 years. Put down the blue tinted glasses, and I'm saying that without even giving a penny, about Isco.

oh yeah that pass was so easy to make, i know you dont play football after that comment, for him to even see that pass and time it as perfect as he did is truly outstandng. and please dont talk about consistency because Isco comes into the same boat.

He's not going to leave this summer.

I don't understand where people question his mindset. Gotze's a fantastic player and will be back to himself next season when Munich is healthy again.

Yes hes not good compared to Oscar :D:D

:blink: i think Ancheloti will destroy his talent if put him on the bench for wood like Bale and etc.

So many people on here clearly doesnt watch isco play regularly because if you did you would know how poor he is in the final third, his vision is poor his decision making is poor, his finishing ability is also poor. Too often he just doesnt see the pass, and ends up holding onto the ball for too long and the chance is gone. He also tries to dribble too much in the final third when he should pass, and he tries to pass when the pass isnt on, he needs to learn fast.

No one can connvince me Isco is better then Oscar, i watch both play week in week out, Oscar is a more complete player and has less weakness then Isco.

Isco is shit. So what is Oscar?

oh yeah that pass was so easy to make, i know you dont play football after that comment, for him to even see that pass and time it as perfect as he did is truly outstandng. and please dont talk about consistency because Isco comes into the same boat.

I like the fact you base your arguments on things you will probably never find out. I said I took Isco out of the equasion and the fact you are trying to deny Oscar's inconsistency level with a mere pass, which he HAS to do at that situation, and by putting Isco back in the debate, proves me right all along. That there are some people, so blindly inlove with players who don't contribute as much as they should, that they'd actually use single cases of genius in order to make up for reality. Oscar is inconsistent, it's a fact, Oscar won't fit at any other top team bar Juventus, that is also a fact, you know why, because he is inconsistent. Gilvorak is just another prime example of blind Oscar fanship over the top.

Fact is we can do with a upgrade on Oscar and if you don't want that, don't moan when we grind out the results needed, because Oscar didn't decide to turn up and boss the midfield like he can, and we are forced to play only counter - attacking football.

Yes hes not good compared to Oscar :D:D

:blink: i think Ancheloti will destroy his talent if put him on the bench for wood like Bale and etc.

People that are actualy compare Isco with Oscar based on youtube videos...I guess based on that Nani, Hulk, Quaresma etc are equaly good to Hazard just because they have great videos on youtube and do little tricks all the time.

Comparing Isco with Oscar is impossible. Completely different players even if they play in #10. Isco is better in attack, Oscar is better in allround game.

But you have to know we play Mourinho way and when a key game comes, he will close down and tell everyone bar Hazard to do extensive defensive work. I for one wouldnt want Isco probably not even Oscar, but someone like Koke who can do all the defending he is asked for, but still deliver what is expected from AM.

Im not even sure what are you people even comparing. Who is better player (which is truly waste of time) or who suits our team better? Isco doesnt suit our team more than Oscar in any way.

And yet people find Isco as someone who would be better here than Oscar based on his trickery. Well football titles are not won by trickery. You should know that. There is a factor of efficiency, presence on field, team play from individual player that help the team much more than just his dribbles and flicks and tricks. But I would somehow understand if we were barcelona. But we are not. This is Mou Chelsea, so I realy dont know how can people rate Isco over Oscar in tactical terms. I dont even think Oscar is perfect, Pogba, Koke would be much better, but Isco isnt either.

There is a reason why Isco doesnt start when Madrid is fully fit and they dont win games when they are missing James, Modric and if you watched Real Madrid games, you would know that without posting silly youtube videos and stats.

Isco is someone who attempts alot and thats why he is visible every game with his individual skill, but he doesnt do alot. Mourinho is all about efficiency.

I like the fact you base your arguments on things you will probably never find out. I said I took Isco out of the equasion and the fact you are trying to deny Oscar's inconsistency level with a mere pass, which he HAS to do at that situation, and by putting Isco back in the debate, proves me right all along. That there are some people, so blindly inlove with players who don't contribute as much as they should, that they'd actually use single cases of genius in order to make up for reality. Oscar is inconsistent, it's a fact, Oscar won't fit at any other top team bar Juventus, that is also a fact, you know why, because he is inconsistent. Gilvorak is just another prime example of blind Oscar fanship over the top.

Fact is we can do with a upgrade on Oscar and if you don't want that, don't moan when we grind out the results needed, because Oscar didn't decide to turn up and boss the midfield like he can, and we are forced to play only counter - attacking football.

dont have a clue what you are talking about to be honest you sound pretty deluded to me and seem to ignore so much of what has been said already.

Just glad Mourinho knows what he is doing and knows how good oscar is and isnt a clueless as some on here.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You