Mario Götze

That's the dumbest argument. Iniesta has 8 assists the last 2 seasons and he plays with Messi! How bad is Iniesta?!

Also if you want to use stats, Isco averages (per 90 mins) more key passes, created chances, higher pass %, only .25 less tackles, less tackles lost, more interceptions, more blocks, and a way higher take on %.

Iniesta is a CM not a number 10. he doesnt play many through balls, he keeps possesion and gives it to Messi when he drops deep to get on the ball. :wave:

and those stats dont help your case as Isco is a more direct player then Oscar, makes more key passes ect and has only 1 more assist then Oscar. :wave:

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no i never. Oscar is better because he is more versatile, better end product, better defensivley, just as creative and a better goalscorer.

How is Oscar more versatile and how does he have a better end product? How in the world is Oscar just as creative as Isco as well? (And don't give me stats, by that reasoning Oscar is more creative than David Silva and we know that just isn't true).

The only thing Oscar is is possibly better defensively and even then it isn't by much. He isn't a much better goalscorer either (considering Isco never gets to play in his natural position, he hasn't grabbed that many more goals than him).

Iniesta is a CM not a number 10. he doesnt play many through balls, he keeps possesion and gives it to Messi when he drops deep to get on the ball. :wave:

and those stats dont help your case as Isco is a more direct player then Oscar, makes more key passes ect and has only 1 more assist then Oscar. :wave:

If anything, Isco plays more like a CM at Real than a CAM.

Also, David Silva makes many more key passes than Oscar but has less assists so...

:wave:

While i also think Isco is overall better than Oscar it's still funny. I can bet even if he said Oscar is better than Kagawa or Pastore there would still be people who would start moaning and bashing him :clap: Beside that people are talking like Isco is some sort of goat which in reality ain't half true.

Isco is a CM. Isn't that what you want from your #10? To create chances for others? Thank you for completely ignoring the defensive stats too.

How is Oscar more versatile and how does he have a better end product? How in the world is Oscar just as creative as Isco as well? (And don't give me stats, by that reasoning Oscar is more creative than David Silva and we know that just isn't true).

The only thing Oscar is is possibly better defensively and even then it isn't by much. He isn't a much better goalscorer either (considering Isco never gets to play in his natural position, he hasn't grabbed that many more goals than him).

Oscar can play in more positions and is more tactically versatile, Oscar can do man marking jobs on DLP like Pirlo and Gerrard.

Average Assists per Game

Oscar - 0.29

Isco - 0.26

Silva - 0.23

Gotze - 0.06

and Oscar plays in the lowest scoring team from that list.

but yeah Oscar isnt creative. :clown:

One thing I have to say is that people use stats when they need to win an argument and argue that stats are irrelevant when watching the player actually play.
Just checked how, according to stats, Casillas was better than De Gea. Would anyone take Casillas over De Gea?
According to stats Willian is Cuadrado in disguise.

Stats mean nothing in today's world. Bas Dost is a typical tap - in striker with nothing, bar inteligence where to be(which is not bad, but still..), yet when the average fan opens livescore and sees Bas Dost scoring 4 goals in one match, he is now one of the best strikers in the world.

All I can say is, stop with the Oscar hype, because Oscar hasn't done that much to prove he is a world class player. Same goes for Ozil. Also, this is the Gotze thread, continue a debate like that in Isco/Oscar's thread.

Oscar can play in more positions and is more tactically versatile, Oscar can do man marking jobs on DLP like Pirlo and Gerrard.

Average Assists per Game

Oscar - 0.29

Isco - 0.26

Silva - 0.23

Gotze - 0.06

and Oscar plays in the lowest scoring team from that list.

but yeah Oscar isnt creative. :clown:

Oscar is better than Silva?

Isco is overrated. He is better player than Oscar but still overrated.

And he is the kind of player that makes it nice to watch, but doesnt win you trophies.

Midfield of players like Koke, Verratti, Pogba is what I would like at chelsea over Gotze, isco, Ozil, Thiago etc any day of the week.

Isco is overrated. He is better player than Oscar but still overrated.

And he is the kind of player that makes it nice to watch, but doesnt win you trophies.

Midfield of players like Koke, Verratti, Pogba is what I would like at chelsea over Gotze, isco, Ozil, Thiago etc any day of the week.

totally agree except for thiago. think he is an awesome player.

yeah cuz they are midfielders! and Isco perfect position is CAM but he doesnt play at that position in Real cuz of their dumb coach. Look what Isko is doing at Spain games, and why all Spain admires him.

And Isco=Pogba both are talanted, but Oscar is far from these guys. I hope he proves that i am wrong for him.

And Thiago -rofl have u seen him in match with Barca ?

so can Oscar play those positions as well as a false 9, but what makes Oscar more versatile is that he cant adapt to play different ways like doing a man marking job on the oppositions DLP, like he done against Pirlo and Gerrard, he much more tactically versatile then Isco. FACT.

and it doesnt matter if its not essential its still part of football, and its what gives Oscar an edge.

Its not hard to constantly stand around one player for 90 minutes. Lets be honest. If that was difficult then how come Lampard did it against Gerrard too despite being several years older and probably not as well in physical shape or condition as Oscar is. Its nothing to do with vast footballing intelligence or versatility, its to do a job that any player could do, you do that job and you basically sacrifice your own game to do it. He could of asked Willian, Hazard, Lampard, Mikel, Ivanovic, Brian the Go Compare robot... anyone who is able to follow basic instructions.

Its not like he was asked to man mark a great player like say Ronaldo like who Arda Turan was asked to mark or Messi who has whole teams playing so defensively to nullify him, is it? It was Gerrard and Pirlo, playing in the center of the pitch, in front of the center backs.... not players who can pop up basically anywhere in the opposition half and can score from virtually anywhere within 30 yards.

Against Juventus it was a different story because he did stuff going forward but when he hasn't produced much recently its pretty ridiculous to say "he hasn't produced this or that recently but oh he can run about and mark mark a 37 year old man because he listened to the coaches instructions" because I am not a professional footballer but I can run about and stand on the toes of a 37 year old man if I was told to do so. It doesn't make him a more valuable or better footballer than Isco. Hes a 10, 10s are known for chances created, goals, assists, intelligence, technique, etc etc. Isco is a better footballer.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You