Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kalou is shit, but Anelka is shitter than shit.

And even if Kalou is poor, you actually can see him on the pitch, and he does try. Anelka is just a ghost, and he plays everywhere but where he is supposed to play.

Just no mate. If he has to be picked ahead of someone, that's Lampard.

Not for me! If it's too soon to start with Josh, it's certainly too early to write of Lampard. He'll be solid again this season, although perhaps not as consistently as in previous seasons.

If Mikel is out, Lampard should be brought in to sit deep.

Ramires is not a DMF in my eye, he's a box-to-box player. Lampard's shown in pre-season he can sit deep, not saying it's ideal for him to play there, but I'd rather Ramires was in his position than Lampard was.

Agree about Anelka & Kalou too, but since there's no-one else to play there..

Problem with that is, Lampard has hinted his discontent with playing in that position and doesn't have the aggressiveness and discipline required for that role. Provided Mikel's will be sidelined for that game then I had rather play Josh instead, he has shown enough discipline and competency in DM.

Problem with that is, Lampard has hinted his discontent with playing in that position and doesn't have the aggressiveness and discipline required for that role. Provided Mikel's will be sidelined for that game then I had rather play Josh instead, he has shown enough discipline and competency in DM.

It's true, at the same time it won't stop Lampard from accepting playing in that role.. Knowing it's temporary with our lack of DMF's.

His long ball delivery is still very good, so it would make up for his lack of aggression and with Ramires helping him out in that area, it wouldn't be the worst option to try. Usually I'd agree with the Josh calls, but against a physical, aggressive side like Stoke, he'd be crushed.

It's true, at the same time it won't stop Lampard from accepting playing in that role.. Knowing it's temporary with our lack of DMF's.

His long ball delivery is still very good, so it would make up for his lack of aggression and with Ramires helping him out in that area, it wouldn't be the worst option to try. Usually I'd agree with the Josh calls, but against a physical, aggressive side like Stoke, he'd be crushed.

AVB said Mikel's injury is not serious and should return for the stoke game. . .hopefully we wouldn't have to resort to desperate measures of using Lampard/Josh out of position.

Did you see how Fergie didn't hesitate to sub his under-performing star players (Vidic,Ferdinand and Evra) in the comm shield for a relatively "young and inexperienced" fringe players especially against their bitter rivals and it ultimately proved to be a fantastic decision.Yet People wonder why Man Utd and fergie have been so successful over the years. I'm certain If AVB or any Chelsea manager made such attempt,it will be met with severe criticism by 98% of Chelsea Fans including Roman and Ron Gourlay.

make of that what you will

......................Cech.............

Ferreira......Iva.......Terry......Cole.....

.................McEachran.........

Benayoun......................Malouda...

....................Lampard...........

..........Anelka......Drogba......

OR:

..................Cech....................

JB.........Iva........Terry.......Cole

Ramires.....McEachran......Lampard

Kalou.......Drogba..........Malouda(Benayoun)