Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on merit, lampard and Anelka shouldn't be starting against stoke. Ramires and Kalou ahead of Lampard and Anelka for me but then again team selection according to most fans and managers is based on reputation and experience rather than actual merit.

^ Based on actual merit, Kalou doesn't even deserve a place on the bench :rolleyes:

If Mikel has to sit this one out, Ramires would most likely be the one to be played there, meaning Lampard gets a game. Unless AvB has the balls to play Josh instead.

^ Based on actual merit, Kalou doesn't even deserve a place on the bench :rolleyes:

If Mikel has to sit this one out, Ramires would most likely be the one to be played there, meaning Lampard gets a game. Unless AvB has the balls to play Josh instead.

Sturridge, our number one selection based on merit is suspended for the game which leaves Kalou and Anelka as the only two options and Kalou marginally edges Anelka imho. Yes AVB should play Josh ahead of Lampard and that's been my point all along.

I cherish the day when sentiments would no longer be the most crucial criteria for team selections.

Sturridge, our number one selection based on merit is suspended for the game which leaves Kalou and Anelka as the only two options and Kalou marginally edges Anelka imho. Yes AVB should play Josh ahead of Lampard and that's been my point all along.

I cherish the day when sentiments would no longer be the most crucial criteria for team selections.

Agreed, if Sturridge is available, there's no debate about the right wing at all, since it's clear AvB will use him there and not as a CF. But as much as I appreciate Kalou's efforts despite his limited skill level, he's been woeful in pre-season.

Completely in agreement with regards to Lampard.

Agreed, if Sturridge is available, there's no debate about the right wing at all, since it's clear AvB will use him there and not as a CF. But as much as I appreciate Kalou's efforts despite his limited skill level, he's been woeful in pre-season.

Completely in agreement with regards to Lampard.

Well let's just say Kalou is shit and Anelka is shitter :lol: . Unless we reinforce the left wing as I don't feel Malouda is good enough neither then we will have to make do with the players at our disposal.

Based on merit, lampard and Anelka shouldn't be starting against stoke. Ramires and Kalou ahead of Lampard and Anelka for me but then again team selection according to most fans and managers is based on reputation and experience rather than actual merit.

If Mikel is out, Lampard should be brought in to sit deep.

Ramires is not a DMF in my eye, he's a box-to-box player. Lampard's shown in pre-season he can sit deep, not saying it's ideal for him to play there, but I'd rather Ramires was in his position than Lampard was.

Agree about Anelka & Kalou too, but since there's no-one else to play there..

I agree that Torres should start for confidence reasons, but this game is made for Drogba. For that reason, I would also like to see the Drog start on the right of the three. His speed, power and ability to deliver a killer cross, should make him ideal for the role. I think McEachran has shown enough in pre season to be picked ahead of Mikel. I'd go with:

-------------------------------Cech------------------------------

Ivanovich---------Alex--------------Terry---------------Cole

------------Ramires-----McEachran-----Lampard---------

-------Drogba--------------Torres------------Malouda------

Kalou is shit, but Anelka is shitter than shit.

And even if Kalou is poor, you actually can see him on the pitch, and he does try. Anelka is just a ghost, and he plays everywhere but where he is supposed to play.

I think McEachran has shown enough in pre season to be picked ahead of Mikel.

Just no mate. If he has to be picked ahead of someone, that's Lampard.