English Riots

Rubber bullets

Kicking off all over London today. No newspapers etc. are picking up on it. Theresa May probably put censorship on it.

Places I've heard it's kicking off: Croydon, Stretham, Wimbledon, Brixton, Tooting and Westfields is having barriers put around and police heightened after rioting in Shepherds Bush last night that I haven't as of yet seen reported.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not its just chavs, finding an oppertunity to go and steal something becuase the police are stretched. These are the type of people you would not want to be near.

Funny you mention that. Back then, with Christmas approaching and the center of Athens burning, the mainstream media concentrated on the various cases of shops being looted and ransacked. While the rioters were burning banks, fighting the police and destroying the window displays of stores in the most expensive area of Athens a second group consisting mostly of people who couldn't care less about the riots were busy with plundering the stores and transferring the goods.

The illegal "black" market of Athens flourished for a couple of months after the events but in a country with history of police aggression it was imo less important than the reasons behind the riot.

At least car bombs and petrol bombs have been kept out of all this...so far. To the point above, I think the Paris riots of a few years ago are a much more appropriate comparison.

There have been a few petrol bombs thrown now. 2 buses in Peckham set on fire by them.

Loads of rumours flying around on facebook about cov. It's all just hearsay though. I have a PCSO friend that has posted a status saying "this is madness" he's currently working on the street in Coventry so who knows.