Tomáš Kalas

James

Yup - Dutch league hardly mentioned in UK though - so no surprise his performances have gone under the radar!

Get him in, straight in with Iva at the back ;)

Only La Liga and Bundesliga are covered over here in detail Muzchapiio. Back in the day there use to be Football Italia on Channel 4 which I personally loved. That was when the Italian League was bursting at the seems with global superstars. That was when I first saw Del Piero donning white boots and my jaw dropped :getin:

There is a Eurosport coverage of the Asian Leagues and some other leagues I think but nothing where you could see the progress of Tomas Kalas and other loaned out youth. Nothing I know about anyways.

So when the foreign dudes like yourself and others on here report back the development of such players I am truly greatfull. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont think we will recall both Kalas and Omuero this upcoming season.

We have JT, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz and Ake all options at CB and potentially either one of Kalas/Omuero who could get some game time but having both of them here, one of them would struggle for games unless we get a lot of injuries and suspensions.

Kalas can cover at RB which makes him coming back seem more appealing but there was a rumor Steve Clark was considering approaching us about a loan deal for him which would be an excellent chance for him tbh. Also the fact Vitesse are in the Champions League too next year could end up with him staying there but hes already had 2 or 3 seasons in Holland, I think a Bundesliga/PL loan would benefit him more.

^^

@, Omeruo can cover at RB too. In fact, he's played exclusively at RB for his club this season.

I think it'll be between Kalas and Omeruo to join the first team next season. Not sure where Wallace comes into the equation as well..

^^

@, Omeruo can cover at RB too. In fact, he's played exclusively at RB for his club this season.

I think it'll be between Kalas and Omeruo to join the first team next season. Not sure where Wallace comes into the equation as well..

Forgot that.. yeah can't see us taking back all three of them (Wallace, Kalas and Omuero) interesting to see if we do go for De Rossi and loan Wallace to Roma.

As a backup RB to Azpi and further cover for CB, he definitely makes sense. I thought Ivan looked better at CB than RB last season.

RBs: Azpi, Kalas

CBs: Terry, Luiz, Ivan, Cahill

LBs: Cole, Bertrand

Certain amount of balance to it. Kalas essentially replaces Ferriera in that but he'll be used more I reckon.

I still wouldn't mind a Kalas loan however in the PL/La Liga/Bundesliga where he's starting week in week out and then just using Essien as a backup RB like how he was used at Madrid.

As a backup RB to Azpi and further cover for CB, he definitely makes sense. I thought Ivan looked better at CB than RB last season.

RBs: Azpi, Kalas

CBs: Terry, Luiz, Ivan, Cahill

LBs: Cole, Bertrand

Certain amount of balance to it. Kalas essentially replaces Ferriera in that but he'll be used more I reckon.

I still wouldn't mind a Kalas loan however in the PL/La Liga/Bundesliga where he's starting week in week out and then just using Essien as a backup RB like how he was used at Madrid.

I dont like the idea of Essien as back up rb so I would prefer Kalas