Tomáš Kalas

James

17 hours ago, the wes said:

your 100% right no point keeping players Who not going break into are squad

That game against Liverpool at Anfield ohh man,any other team and they would get a chance to break into squad but ohh no not at Cfc, Another stupido loan ffs,at least he is close to Sw6!

1 hour ago, mccg said:

That game against Liverpool at Anfield ohh man,any other team and they would get a chance to break into squad but ohh no not at Cfc, Another stupido loan ffs,at least he is close to Sw6!

Mmmmm, McNair was "amazing" against us at Stamford Bridge. Hector was amazing vs Arsenal in an Fa Cup semi at Wembley.

Id put it another way, if Kalas was owned by Boro and we were looking to sign him, a player who failed to break in to teams in both the PL and Bundesliga (lets just say for argument sake he played for another PL team when he was on our books), then went to a Championship side and was played out of position because hes wasn't deemed good enough for CB compared to his competition.

Lets be honest, the reactions would have been just as bad as when we signed Papy, if not worse. 

5 hours ago, Blue Gino said:

Im sure Aitor Karanka wanted Kalas back and instead Emenalo sees to it that Kalas takes a step backwards and remain in the championship? 

No. More to the fact that Kalas was rarely going to get games in the PL. Even in the Championship he was struggling to play consecutive games. Now Middlesbrough are up, they are targeting players from bigger teams. E.g  Subotic and Barragan. Then there first two choice CB are Ayala and Gibson. They already bought a CB from some Spanish side for cover and if Subotic arrives, Kalas would have been like 5th choice CB. Now to RB, they already have Nsue who last season was more favoured over Kalas and assuming Baragan arrives there he will be the predominant first choice RB. So reality is Middlesbrough probably did not try to sign him permanently or loan him again.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Power said:

Starting for Fulham tonight in the first EFL Championship game against Newcastle at home at Craven Cottage. Excited to see how he does, hopefully very well.

And was very solid too.

17 hours ago, Stats said:

And was very solid too.

I didn't watch the match, only around five minutes because I decided to rewatch an old episode of The Flash (don't know why, just felt like it, I guess) but from what I saw, Fulham were very good, played calm passing football and the right hand side of Fulham's attack were particularly good. Did Fulham generally have a very good match and you can see them pushing for promotion or was it just incredibly lacklustre Newcastle struggling to really get started?

2 minutes ago, The Power said:

I didn't watch the match, only around five minutes because I decided to rewatch an old episode of The Flash (don't know why, just felt like it, I guess) but from what I saw, Fulham were very good, played calm passing football and the right hand side of Fulham's attack were particularly good. Did Fulham generally have a very good match and you can see them pushing for promotion or was it just incredibly lacklustre Newcastle struggling to really get started?

Fulham were the deserved winners. Newcastle did not threaten Fulham at all really however had two debatable penalty calls which went against them. However that does not take away the fact that Kalas and Madl worked really work as a partnership. Fulham have a decent team but I don't see them reaching play offs. They lost their best goalscorer and player in McCormack so probably mid-table.

But yeah, whilst Fulham deserved it, Newcastle were extremely lacklustre and that is a wake up call. Still think they will coast the league as time goes though. Mitrovic and Gayle when they get going will be a fearsome partnership and Diame will be a fantastic signing for them. However back to Kalas, Fulham have a top loan signing. He really could be pushing on but so be it.

• 6 months later...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...