Tomáš Kalas

James

Suppose hes getting game time but its probly a step back from Boro league 1 ? When you see cfc willing to spend 30+on another cb ,and buy another 2cbs it dosnt look good and i think there is a to buy option on his loan? Lets hope Kalas proves Cfc class!

One thing is certain ,, he will never return to the Bridge ..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Tomas Kalas opens up about his Chelsea, Middlesbrough future

It's been a little over two years since Tomas Kalas, fresh from what could be put down as a successful loan stint at Vitesse Arnhem, started that game at Anfield and held his own against the likes of Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge. Since then, in what might seem like an eerily familiar narrative, Kalas' development hasn't gone as planned.He was sent out on loan to FC Koln in Germany later that summer, with the intention of providing him with first team football at a higher level than the Eredivisie. However, the Czech defender didn't make a single appearance in the Bundesliga and was recalled in the winter, then farmed out to the Championship, to promotion hopefuls Middlesbrough. Kalas adapted well at Teesside, and after making 17 appearances, he opted to spend the whole of this season there as well (while also signing a new three-year deal with Chelsea).Middlesbrough finished second in the Championship and won automatic promotion to the English top flight, with Kalas making 30 appearances over the course of the season at both right-back and centre-back. Speaking to the Gazette, Kalas talked a bit about his experience of winning promotion at the Riverside Stadium and, more importantly, about his future.

"I don't know how many games I've played since I came, probably around 40, which is not bad in one and a half years. That's why I came here, to play games, and hopefully I'll keep playing next season - maybe here."

"If I could get the deal (to move to Boro permanently) I would really think about it. Yes, why not!"-Tomas Kalas; source: Gazette

Having turned 23 only a few days ago, it looks likely that a definitive decision will be made about Kalas' future at Chelsea this summer.  With the recent contract renewals of John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic and Gary Cahill, not to forget the impending return of Kurt Zouma from injury and perhaps a new signing in the summer, the odds seem against Kalas yet again. It's only understandable that in such a situation, he'd prefer to stay at Middlesbrough, who are well-acquainted with his talents and where he has a greater chance of playing regular Premier League football.

weaintgotnothistory.sbnation.com

Yeah another loanee this summer we should use or sell,Terry-Cahill-Zouma-Miaziga-Papy-Hector-not 2 mention Tomori&Salter don't like his chances and no doubt Conte wants a world class CB,tho could play RB,that brilliant debut at anfield seems soooo far away.

In all honesty I don't think Karanka fancies him in the Boro back line. He's persisted with Ayala and Gibson at CB with Nsue and RB and Friend LB when all have been fit. 

He won't settle for another bench role/bit part player. 

Yeah another loanee this summer we should use or sell,Terry-Cahill-Zouma-Miaziga-Papy-Hector-not 2 mention Tomori&Salter don't like his chances and no doubt Conte wants a world class CB,tho could play RB,that brilliant debut at anfield seems soooo far away.

Don't forget Omeruo as well. I actually thought he would have been given a chance here after helping Nigeria to AFCON glory in 2013.

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Don't forget Omeruo as well. I actually thought he would have been given a chance here after helping Nigeria to AFCON glory in 2013.

Ohh yeah thats right but even that dodgy Turkish club didnt/couldn't keep him permanently,yeah agree he looked very promising back then 2013 but injury etc and another 1 that looks like he will never make at CFC!

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Omeruo has been immense for Kasimpasa this season. I spoke with him on Tuesday evening, he's coming back to Chelsea after the summer break and who knows from there.

I don't see him finding place at Chelsea. Maybe we will sell him and this would be the best decision. Netherlands and Germany aren't bad destinations for him IMO.

How good are boro in attacking positions? A last chance for Bamford with a loan to the Riverside?

Omeruo has been immense for Kasimpasa this season. I spoke with him on Tuesday evening, he's coming back to Chelsea after the summer break and who knows from there.

I know. One of these CB's need to be in our squad next season

1 hour ago, King11Didier said:

I don't see him finding place at Chelsea. Maybe we will sell him and this would be the best decision. Netherlands and Germany aren't bad destinations for him IMO.

How good are boro in attacking positions? A last chance for Bamford with a loan to the Riverside?

I wouldn't say it's impossible for Bamford to return, after all, he's been floating around into nothingness for god knows how long now. They have Jordan Rhodes, David Nugent and Christian Stuani, none of which I would be confident to fire in the PL on a consistent basis. Adomah is probably their best attacker for me, but I think key for Boro will be trying to tie down players like Gaston Ramirez to a permanent deal.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Tomo said:

We should try to sell him, he's not good enough to make it here and he's settled at Boro.

your 100% right no point keeping players Who not going break into are squad