Tomáš Kalas

James

Thought he was good enough to be our 4th option CB with starts in all milk cup games,some fa cups and against some prem and european cup games.

The best of our current group of young centerbacks in their current development..hopefully Kenny O is the next man up in our 1st team squad now because Zouma looks like he certainly needs more seasoning before playing for us.

Who do you think will Mourinho pick as 4th choice CB - Omeruo or Zouma?

Zouma I think. We didn't sign him for £12m to start loaning him out again IMO (well I hope not anyway).

Looks like our new batch of CBs will be Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic and Zouma. I'm fine with that. 3 solid, experienced heads and one young understudy with huge potential. Sounds good.

Why do people have to be so damn negative all the time?

If we'd released Terry to make room for the likes of Kalas and Zouma, the meltdown would have been unimaginable but other than that I fail to see what the club should be doing differently to make enough room for Kalas to have a big enough role so his development won't stall and wasting another season in the stands wouldn't do Tomas any good. Yet loaning him out is somehow still the wrong decision? At least now he will go and play regular first team football at a high level and hopefully return in a year or two when JT is very close to retirement and Ivanovic also well into his 30s.

Within a couple of years there will definitely be a place or two up for grabs in the CB department and if these young players make the most of their loan spells I can honestly see them making it. The situation is unlike never before because earlier the youngsters have had to compete with players in their prime and that's not an easy task, especially with managerial instability, but a year or two from now we would ideally still have Mourinho in charge and there would be a smooth transition between generations if the players are good enough. I would also consider this current crop of young players at the club a much better one than say maybe five years ago, so I consider their chances to be a little higher than those of the previous generations.

Who do you think will Mourinho pick as 4th choice CB - Omeruo or Zouma?

obviously zouma. i mean we bought him for 12mil pounds, and he should give us good cover.

plus u need 6 "good" defenders ATLEAST in the squad over the season. JT, GC, iva, azpi, luis, zouma is the minimum.