Islam Feruz

J.F.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about England, he was playing well for the English youths and everyone was saying he's the new so and so. Play against a higher level of player, where is the evidence that it's good ?

Brazil have some of the best youth players in the world but they don't play with the best players in the world. What does make a good player is the natural skill, coaching and the opportunity to step up. At Chelsea your chance to step up is very limited at the moment. You really want first team football by about 20. In Brazil it's very easy for youth players to break through.

How many times has Chelsea won the UEFA Champions league ? None, Celtic have so your team is garbage.

Don't rant about how good Chelsea are because it's not your team it's Roman's team. The fans make a club.

At least we have won the league in the last two seasons. And a league which is more competitive and is general better then the SPL.

I was talking about England, he was playing well for the English youths and everyone was saying he's the new so and so. Play against a higher level of player, where is the evidence that it's good ?

Brazil have some of the best youth players in the world but they don't play with the best players in the world. What does make a good player is the natural skill, coaching and the opportunity to step up. At Chelsea your chance to step up is very limited at the moment. You really want first team football by about 20. In Brazil it's very easy for youth players to break through.

How many times has Chelsea won the UEFA Champions league ? None, Celtic have so your team is garbage.

Don't rant about how good Chelsea are because it's not your team it's Roman's team. The fans make a club.

Fuck off back to your celtic forums you bitter cunt.

I guess our coaches will find a solution for him, be it at Chelsea or loan. Last young CF we had did really well in Championship.

Celtic have won the European Cup* in 1967.

Your team is garbage? yes that same team that will storm through your league without losing a single game :)

I think someone's had too much Bucky. Oh dear, where to start. First, when you say "you's" on a Chelsea forum you should not assume that all the people are England supporters. Even the ones on here have never said a thing about Sterling. And sorry, PL youth setups are better than any SPL youth setup, end of. Even as a devout 'Gers supporter I can say that.

Then finally you, the hooped interloper, bring out the classic comfort blanket for all smeltic fans that they resort to when feeling challenged in a fitba argument: "We won Europe in '67." That was a long time ago and has no relevance whatsoever in regard to our current discussion, or anything that's happened in football in the past couple decades. Maybe you should find some other way to forget that you've haven't won the league since '08. In summary, we'll keep the blue flag flying high, W.A.T.P. , Gers 3 I.A.R. This is teignman........out!

your fantastic club also allowed children who played for the club to be abused whilst the management turned a blind eye to what was happening. . BIG JOCK KNEW!

• 2 weeks later...

This deal seems to be reality...it's mention almost every where including celtic fans forums. He seems a promising striker( I presume he's a striker, I just saw his videos on youtube)...good finishing with his head and feet.

Celtic likely to lose talented Islam Feruz - Neil Lennon

Neil Lennon admits that Celtic will find it difficult to retain Islam Feruz, the talented 15-year-old forward strongly linked with Chelsea.

The Celtic boss had hoped that Feruz, who arrived from Somalia in 2001, would sign a professional contract when he turned 16.

"I am not aware of that," said Lennon when asked if he had joined Chelsea.

"I have heard all this speculation. I do know that it is going to be very difficult for us to hold on to him."

Feruz, who has also been linked with Newcastle United, stepped into the limelight two years ago in a match in memory of Tommy Burns, the former Celtic manager who had helped the player's family when they faced deportation back to Somalia.

He then became the first player to be selected for Scotland under a new Fifa ruling allowing a British passport holder educated for at least five years in one of the home nations to play for that country.

But the Scotland Under-17 international now could leave his adopted homeland for English football.

Continue reading the main story

He's only 15, turning 16. There are other people in the background who I'd rather point the finger at than the player himself

Neil Lennon Celtic manager

"As it is, I have not seen Islam since the start of the season," admitted Lennon.

"We have done everything we can to keep the player and done more than enough to make him feel at home here.

"He does have other people in the background who are advising him.

"My take on it is that they are advising him wrongly, but we seem to be powerless in that situation."

Celtic would be due a compensation fee for developing the player from any club signing Feruz, but Lennon does not believe that a sum of around £350,000 would be fair.

"Not for a player of his potential, but again I am not aware of all the figures and what the outcome of that might be," said the Celtic manager.

"When it is done and dusted, I would be able to tell you more."

Asked if he felt Feruz was being disrespectful in wanting to leave the club, Lennon replied: "I wouldn't accuse the kid of that.

"He's only 15, turning 16. There are other people in the background who I'd rather point the finger at than the player himself."

Source - BBC Sport

• 4 weeks later...

Meh...he needs to play regularly without pressure, not to sit on the bench or to go to a black hole known as Vitesse...perhaps things will be different under AVB, but still, we remain a club who goes into every match with the pressure to win it and with the pressure to win titles...I hope that he doesn't end up as Kakuta...

Meh...he needs to play regularly without pressure, not to sit on the bench or to go to a black hole known as Vitesse...perhaps things will be different under AVB, but still, we remain a club who goes into every match with the pressure to win it and with the pressure to win titles...I hope that he doesn't end up as Kakuta...

He's 16, won't be considered as a first team material for quite some time.