Islam Feruz

J.F.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez and Roman were both watching today's game, maybe they were impressed.

Along with JT, Emanalo and Shevchenko. The last one's constant presence is starting to raise some question, not that I would be against him taking some sort of position at the club.

Along with JT, Emanalo and Shevchenko. The last one's constant presence is starting to raise some question, not that I would be against him taking some sort of position at the club.

Sheva is Roman's mate - so he probably asked him for his 'personal' opinion....

I agree with @Blue Gino - Sterling is playing for Liverpool and he's a young lad and doing well - why dont we give some of these guys a chance? What's the worst that could happen - they miss the target, are ineffective, constantly lose the ball? Isn't that the situation we're in now... :P

I can only see upsides - e.g. they SCORE :)

Can someone remind me of the arguments against playing Islam Feruz in the first team right now?

Would it be a significant downgrade on Torres? Would it impinge his development if we played him early (unlike all those other great players we've developed slowly like Kakuta, Mancienne etc.)?

Can someone remind me of the arguments against playing Islam Feruz in the first team right now?

Would it be a significant downgrade on Torres? Would it impinge his development if we played him early (unlike all those other great players we've developed slowly like Kakuta, Mancienne etc.)?

Option 1: Torres.

Option 2: A young player with raw talent, looking to prove himself.

I'll take Option 2 please!

Great player, Was on ChelseaTV tonight in an interview. He tends to score which ever age-group he's playing under. Maybe next pre-season will be his time to make his debut for the senior team? Although i'd want him to play now, We shouldn't rush him into the team too early. We've seen it before with youngsters who've been rushed into things and just gone no-where with it. I.E Gael Kakuta.

Great player, Was on ChelseaTV tonight in an interview. He tends to score which ever age-group he's playing under. Maybe next pre-season will be his time to make his debut for the senior team? Although i'd want him to play now, We shouldn't rush him into the team too early. We've seen it before with youngsters who've been rushed into things and just gone no-where with it. I.E Gael Kakuta.

In what way was Kakuta rushed? I can't remember the last time we put a young player into the first-team with any sense of urgency, and that hasn't exactly been a resounding success has it?

The kid has stepped up to every challenge he has faced. Why not throw him in at the deep end rather than sending him on a few loans to lower division clubs in the hope he might get some playing time, but will in all likelihood stagnate and be sold to Cardiff City in 4 years time?

• 4 weeks later...

He came here last or this summer? So he is 17, I don't get what actually does he want? :D But anyway, he cam get few games this season, since we have only Torres in front... He is great talent, and board, coach and others need to develop him correctly...

His agent has seen two other youngsters make their league debuts in the last week whilst we're selling the only other striker we currently have on the books. He's just making some noise like any agent would and I hope it actually leads to Feruz getting some playing time because he does look a little bit special.