Islam Feruz

J.F.

Feruz may have to either adapt his movement to be a false no.9 almost, so the team can play around him using possession, and using link-up play which would suit him. At a push he could maybe also be a winger. He has good dribbling and very good acceleration. But really, he's a goalscorer, I think if he was out-wide he'd be more frustrating/inconsistent.

Fair enough he is strong for his size but if he was our striker we'd almost have to exclusively play on the ground, which I want us to do but we always get into a habit of launching the ball sometimes.

Really I'd like to see a loan next season, even just a short one month one to start with, just to see how he does at least.

I agree that he would do better as a false 9, using ground based possession, however, I don't see us moving in that direction. Lukaku, is most likely going to be our main striker for the next 10 years, he is anything but a false 9; I believe our system will be molded to fit him. Of course, anything could happen in the future, I could be totally wrong, maybe we will get a new manager that loves the false 9 or maybe Lukaku will be crap or get hurt. I'm just saying right now, it looks unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say, Feruz doesn't excite me as much as he initially did. He's become really wasteful, and opportunities to score look like they're becoming hard to come by, which is more down to the wingers.

To get the most out of him and to get him firing again, I'd try lining up the attack like this next season:

Feruz;

Cuevas*, Boga, Quintero*

That will give him proper wingers to work with on their good feet, with Boga doing the business through the centre and not being wasted out left like has been happening recently.

*This is assuming they get slotted into the same squad.

This would also be good for Musonda (the good one :ph34r: ) as he'll have top players around him. He can rotate with Boga.

I think, on paper, that would be the strongest attack in the country, with these young players even better than some 21 year olds at 'youth' level!

The players I've mentioned there also prefer to play crosses along the ground which is better for Feruz considering he's 5'4". Kiwomya is always floating in crosses far too high, as does Boga when out wide.

I have to say, Feruz doesn't excite me as much as he initially did. He's become really wasteful, and opportunities to score look like they're becoming hard to come by, which is more down to the wingers.

To get the most out of him and to get him firing again, I'd try lining up the attack like this next season:

Feruz;

Cuevas*, Boga, Quintero*

That will give him proper wingers to work with on their good feet, with Boga doing the business through the centre and not being wasted out left like has been happening recently.

*This is assuming they get slotted into the same squad.

This would also be good for Musonda (the good one :ph34r: ) as he'll have top players around him. He can rotate with Boga.

I think, on paper, that would be the strongest attack in the country, with these young players even better than some 21 year olds at 'youth' level!

The players I've mentioned there also prefer to play crosses along the ground which is better for Feruz considering he's 5'4". Kiwomya is always floating in crosses far too high, as does Boga when out wide.

What do you think has changed? I still think he is a very good talent - watching him more this season though think he's more of a great goalscorer than he is a great footballer, can never fault his effort but he will undeniably have games where all his dribbles won't get past the first man, his ball control will be off, he'll always be shooting and they'll be going over.. But then that'll be the same for most goalscorers. He is still a smart player, very good movement in the box whether the ball is coming from behind him or is getting crossed in.

• 2 months later...

Chelsea are in talks with Islam Feruz about a new deal with a number of Premier League rivals weighing up moves for the teenager.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8815105/?utm_source=dlvr.it

There is no way we're going to sell.....he has to fail at at least 3 loans before we even consider that :Goober:

Going on tour with the team, just hope he has bigger role than what Bamford had last season..

Must be a real talent if PL clubs (according to SkySports) are actually considering taking him on loan. Still think he would be best here for next season to continue his development then consider loaning him.

Must not repeat the mistakes we did with Josh and throw him in the deep end so soon. Get him a championship loan first where he is guaranteed playing time. Then if he does very well there we can consider a PL loan.

Josh wasn't thrown into the deep end. His problems came under AVB who declined to send him on loan, and then didn't use him. By the time the loan to Swansea was sorted they had a fairly settled side.

Feruz is a completely different proposition to Josh in almost every way. Josh is someone you have to build a team around and he has almost no value as an impact sub. Feruz could be a bench option because he offers so much pace and explosiveness. He could potentially do something at a Palace or Fulham or just drop down to the Championship. Personally I'd be happy if he stuck around next season because I think Jose could be good for him.

Josh wasn't thrown into the deep end. His problems came under AVB who declined to send him on loan, and then didn't use him. By the time the loan to Swansea was sorted they had a fairly settled side.

Feruz is a completely different proposition to Josh in almost every way. Josh is someone you have to build a team around and he has almost no value as an impact sub. Feruz could be a bench option because he offers so much pace and explosiveness. He could potentially do something at a Palace or Fulham or just drop down to the Championship. Personally I'd be happy if he stuck around next season because I think Jose could be good for him.

Yes Josh is a special case but it was still a huge mistake sending him out to Swansea. I don't think he would have been picked over Allen and Britton even if he had been sent from the start of the season, not at 18 years of age. Feruz has never played a single game at the top level, I think it is better to be safe than sorry because all this stuff we said about Josh only came in retrospective. Most of us thought it was a great loan for him at the time.

• 1 month later...

Nice goal for him tonight for the U21s against Southampton. The most nonchalant 30 yard screamer I've ever seen.

Performance wise he came on as a no.10 for the injured Boga at HT. While I do think he should be starting to play around in different positions, I don't agree as a no.10, just doesn't suit him, looked uncomfortable there. When he was in Cf for the last 15-20 minutes looked better, goal a show for that.

• 4 weeks later...
Chelsea look to secure youngster Islam Feruz on new five-year deal

Sky Sports understands Chelsea have offered Islam Feruz a new long-term deal to ward off interest from a host of top clubs.

Feruz is regarded as one of the best young players in the country and the Blues have offered the 18-year-old a bumper new five-year contract to secure his future at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea beat a number of their Premier League rivals to Feruz's signature when they snapped him up from Celtic in September 2011.

The skilful forward is highly-regarded within the corridors of power at Stamford Bridge and he was included by Jose Mourinho in the first-team squad for their pre-season tour of Asia this summer.

Feruz has impressed for Chelsea's Under-21s and in the Next Gen series over the last couple of seasons and is expected to be pushing to make the breakthrough into the first team in the near future.

The likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham, Barcelona and Juventus are all thought to be monitoring Feruz's contract situation at Stamford Bridge and are waiting in the wings to move for the Scotland Under-21 international if he fails to agree the deal on offer from Chelsea.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8918026/transfer-news-chelsea-look-to-secure-youngster-islam-feruz-on-new-five-year-deal

Wrap it up fast!