Oriol Romeu

termninja

Great news. Hope he doesn't play this season though, no point risking his recovery by rushing him back because he's not a key player who we desperately need. Just let him heal himself properly and make sure he's fully fit by pre-season.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

I forgot about this lad. It'll be good to see him back in action. Hopefully his body is still young and resistant enough to avoid permanent damage.

• 3 weeks later...

i really like him. i think he would be best at a team like valencia or sevilla but i want him to succeed at chelsea , he has had terrible luck so far with managerial changes and his injury but he is still 21 and i think he could develop into a great player. he seems really happy and settled , he is great friends with mata and azpi. i still think we should invest heavily in our midfield over the summer but i hope he gets a chance.

I genuinely think he's one of our most talented players - full stop.

(Ok forget the full stop, I've more to say.)

He adds steel to midfield. He can run, tackle, and distribute the ball well. He's like Malaga's Camacho in more ways than one; which is a huge compliment.

He understands the game so well for his age, and I'm pretty sure that we went on a run where we lost only 1 match in 10 or so (if even that) when he started in the DM position under AVB.

His lesser performances came when played in the role Mikel currently occupies. A much less mobile role. It doesn't suit him at all.

If he can adapt to a 4-2-3-1 I see no need to get a new defensive midfielder at all. I think he's great.

A big plus is that he's also fairly capable in defence and wins more than a few headers. I noticed that playing with him instead of Mikel/Rami/Lamps lead to us getting the ball to Mata far quicker last season.

Hopefully we go back to 4-3-3 and see him rotated with Mikel. Loved this lad under AVB, was calm everytime he had the ball. Honestly think he could grow and become our very own Sergio Busquets, just a bit balder. He has great positional sense, distribution, reads the game well etc, all the ingredients for a top DM. Just need to go back to 4-3-3 which suits him and Rami imo.

I am glad people have not forgotten him like myself.. i always thought that with a run in the team this kid could be a beast.. its like he sees the pass that split second faster than some other holding players in the prem.. He plays a lot of one touch and cycles the ball into mata very quickly to spring the attack. From watching him he drifts into the support spots when the players ahead of him have the ball for that outlet.. i think we judge him after hes fully healed believe he will def come back stronger, how can you not when you have Eva working with you :D

Hopefully we go back to 4-3-3 and see him rotated with Mikel. Loved this lad under AVB, was calm everytime he had the ball. Honestly think he could grow and become our very own Sergio Busquets, just a bit balder. He has great positional sense, distribution, reads the game well etc, all the ingredients for a top DM. Just need to go back to 4-3-3 which suits him and Rami imo.

double like this post!!

I'm with you mate, 4-3-3 all the way!

Don't forget it would suit KDB too! Rami bombarding up and down the pitch, unrestricted, and KDB pinging balls out wide to Hazard/Mata...one can dream!

I'm with you mate, 4-3-3 all the way!

Don't forget it would suit KDB too! Rami bombarding up and down the pitch, unrestricted, and KDB pinging balls out wide to Hazard/Mata...one can dream!

Personally I'd prefer to see one out of Hazard or Mata on the left in a 4-3-3 with Moses on the right and Ba in the middle as we wouldn't be so narrow with both Juan and Eden coming infield the whole time. Sounds odd but I think if we did go back to 4-3-3 it would be more like a 4-3-2-1 with both Juan and Eden in the team.

Personally I'd prefer to see one out of Hazard or Mata on the left in a 4-3-3 with Moses on the right and Ba in the middle as we wouldn't be so narrow with both Juan and Eden coming infield the whole time. Sounds odd but I think if we did go back to 4-3-3 it would be more like a 4-3-2-1 with both Juan and Eden in the team.

I don't know who would be benched out of those two to be honest. But either way, It beats the hell out of 4-2-3-1.

Oscar could also serve as a CM and the DM can be converted to AM if we're going all out.

I don't know who would be benched out of those two to be honest. But either way, It beats the hell out of 4-2-3-1.

Oscar could also serve as a CM and the DM can be converted to AM if we're going all out.

I think if Mata or Hazard are benched in a 4-3-3, at least we've got a game changer on the bench then. Oscar would have to play a bit further forward in an inverted 4-3-3 tbh.