Oriol Romeu

termninja

"You never know what could happen in the future, I will always support Barca and I hope someday I can return there" - Oriol Romeu

Thats from Daily Fail or Goal.com?

Here quotes from AFP and FIFA.com:

"I'm going to a club of the highest level, a very good coach, spectacular players. It's a pity to leave Barcelona because if there was a good time to make a debut in the history of the club it is now. But at the same time I'm not going to a weak club,"

I knew he would want to go back, one day. It's only natural wanting to go back to the place where you had the best time, but guess what? he hasn't played for us, yet. He might actually enjoy the league and want to stay.

I don't see the big fuss about Romeu. He'll cover for Essien and if he doesn't like it he can return to Barcelona while we make a profit of 5.7m. On the other hand, if he turns out well and wants to stay then we signed ourself a cheap young and talented player.

Guest justin_3d

Still a stupid deal for our club to do.

Such deals are only done by small clubs and not big clubs.

Do you see Real, United doing that?

Nope!!!

I think it's quite reasonable what he said. He supports Barcelona and he has been there for seven years, obviously he want to go and play for them one day. But that's not to say he will. He hasn't even played for us yet, he might instantly fall in love with us as a football club, the fans, and also the league. We don't know what will happen in the future.

Many players say that one day they want to return back to their old club, it's only natural, but we dont know what the future holds, and neither does he.

I would be angry if he carries on saying these stuff in 1 or 2 years time, when he has actually played for us, but not right now.

Spanish midfielder Oriol Romeu insisted Friday he is relishing his move to Chelsea, a team he describes as of the same level - if not superior - to his former club Barcelona. The 19-year-old, who is currently competing at the FIFA U-20 World Cup Colombia 2011, has signed a four-year contract with the English side for an undisclosed fee.

"I'm going to a club of the highest level, a very good coach, spectacular players," Romeu told AFP. And he revealed that Chelsea's new boss Andre Villas-Boas had personally telephoned him in Colombia to sort out the deal. "He called me first. He told me that he was interested in me because of (Michael) Essien's injury," explained Romeu, of Ghana midfielder Essien who could be out for up to six months with a knee injury.

And Romeu said he was sure that he has made the right decision despite some regrets at leaving Barcelona who are the reigning Spanish and European champions. "It's a pity to leave Barcelona because if there was a good time to make a debut in the history of the club it is now. But at the same time I'm not going to a weak club," said Romeu, adding that his focus now was on the U-20 World Cup. "Having settled this allows me to focus on the World Cup calmly and not to have to think about other things."

This is the text from fifa.com, that our friend mentioned above.

Who woldn't like to part of this Barca team.

Oriol Romeu welcome to your feeder club! We will give you some match time, so you can gain some experience, which will help you to walk into Barca team(bench) in couple of years. But while you are here we expect you to perform extremely well, because, as you know, only the best have place in Farca dream team. So you better stop talking and start focusing on football and football only :readthemessage: .

Relax, if he goes, I'm sure we'll find good enough substitute, perhaps even from our academy.

Oriol Romeu welcome to your feeder club! We will give you some match time, so you can gain some experience, which will help you to walk into Barca team(bench) in couple of years. But while you are here we expect you to perform extremely well, because, as you know, only the best have place in Farca dream team. So you better stop talking and start focusing on football and football only :readthemessage: .

Relax, if he goes, I'm sure we'll find good enough substitute, perhaps even from our academy.

So,Y We bought him?to give him a place and then sell to barca to improve them?