Oriol Romeu

termninja

To be honest, unless he is willing to warm the bench each and every game, he won't ever come back to Barcelona. As long as Busquets will be a FCB's player, Romeu has no chance to play... Unless Sergio is used as a Center Back, which wouldn't be surprising lol.

To be honest, unless he is willing to warm the bench each and every game, he won't ever come back to Barcelona. As long as Busquets will be a FCB's player, Romeu has no chance to play... Unless Sergio is used as a Center Back, which wouldn't be surprising lol.

Sergio was used as a CB at the start of the season. He sucked. So he'll be there at CDM for a long time which is gooooood :)

Sorry, i thought i had come in on the Oriol Romeu topic, but somehow stumbled on the discussion of Ashley Cole :giggle:

Hope we don't lose him -- could be key to what AVB is building, and might have a vital part for the future development of that system.

I had a look at the barca forum, they are convinced this is all bullshit otherwise it would not be called a buy back option

http://www.barcaforu...ol-Romeu/page28

"Anyhow, I don't care a lot about Romeu and whether he'll be coming back or not. Busi is a god damn boss and the lanky bastard will be sending the Chelseas and Merengues crashing out of CL for years to come."

LMAO. They clearly don't rate him enough to care..

--

But that being said,

http://arxiu.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/08/04/n110804118651.html

The deal includes a buy-back clause of 10 million Euros after a year, rising to 15 after the second year.
Edited by RZA

Very confusing.

To be honest, all we can do if keep him happy & hope he wants to say. No matter what the clause is, he always has the final word on if he goes or stays. I can only hope that he realises André wanted him personally and sees him as a long-term member of this squad.

Also Mods: Another merge needed?

Edited by RZA

Is there any actual DM in the league who is on par with Romeu and his current form? Best one by miles IMO. Solid against all opposition so far, even top class ones like Valencia and City.

Think Lucas has been quality the last couple of seasons. I haven't watched him regularly though. Anyway he's injured now.

Romeu is absolute CLASS. We should give him a 5 year contract right now

Romeu would not get in the Barca side anyway, Mascherano can't even get a sniff. Sergio B at the moment is a better more refined player then Romeu. I am just shocked that a barca academy player can come into our side and make that much of a difference, non of our youngsters would even get into their cleaning department. I just think its shocking how far Barca is as a structure compared to the rest of us ! Barca proved that its worth investing not only money but a lot of time into your youth academy. They were shit from 1993 -2003 but they focused on their academy and they seen long term benefits and they done !

Romeu would not get in the Barca side anyway, Mascherano can't even get a sniff. Sergio B at the moment is a better more refined player then Romeu. I am just shocked that a barca academy player can come into our side and make that much of a difference, non of our youngsters would even get into their cleaning department. I just think its shocking how far Barca is as a structure compared to the rest of us ! Barca proved that its worth investing not only money but a lot of time into your youth academy. They were shit from 1993 -2003 but they focused on their academy and they seen long term benefits and they done !

our academy will soon be known as "The theatre of Shattered dreams"

It's kind of amazing to think that gems like him came from Barca's YOUTH TEAM ffs. Romeu would be able to slot into any Prem league team easily and yet he's in their YOUTH team. Really amazing, the talent that lies there.

Agree...Damn infact I think spanish got sh*t lot of talents?

Sad to say English players usually doesnt live up to the pressure...

It's kind of amazing to think that gems like him came from Barca's YOUTH TEAM ffs. Romeu would be able to slot into any Prem league team easily and yet he's in their YOUTH team. Really amazing, the talent that lies there.

That is quite astonishing