Oriol Romeu

termninja

That is indeed very good news, but I think we are all forgetting the will of the player here. If barca came knocking and Oriol wants to go back I don't think the club will force him to stay, we are not Arsenal.

We all hate Arsenal but they did sell the players who wanted to leave (albeit later). If his hearts not here in a few years, I just hope we get the fee that his performance warrants.

Right now we are slowly building a great team under AVB, in a couple of years we will be on the verge of completing the jigsaw while Barca will be slowly declining (IMHO they peaked last season) it won't make sense for him to go back then.

He will stay until at the very least he has a premierleague and FA Cup winners medal round his neck.

If he does decide to go a few years down the line we should then demand £30-40m + Barca's best upcoming DM.

Sorry but I don't understand where the criticism of Cole has come from. Has he had a couple of bad games this season? Yes. Did he have a few bad games last season? Yes. Did he have a few bad games the season before that? Yes. Every player does. For the most part though Cole has been one of our most consistent performers and has generally played quite well.

Sorry but I don't understand where the criticism of Cole has come from. Has he had a couple of bad games this season? Yes. Did he have a few bad games last season? Yes. Did he have a few bad games the season before that? Yes. Every player does. For the most part though Cole has been one of our most consistent performers and has generally played quite well.

Cole hasn't played consistently well since exactly one year ago mate.

This lad is such a will be world class player if you know what I mean. His confidence, belief, calmness, motivation are to be admired. Thankfully we didn't loan and develop him only for Barcelona to buy him. Also, you would hope he knows the word loyalty and seeing we've given him the chance to start and show what he's got he should stay a good while.

The SECOND he makes a mistake all this will be forgotten and their will be calls to play him further up the field :rolleyes:

I don't think there will, he is a natural holding midfield player and unlike another Chelsea holding midfielder that we could name, he is actually effective defensively.

Ob

Obviously I must be watching a different Ashley Cole then because Id say he has been the most consistent of any of our back four this season.

Ivan, JT and David "10 year old playing with a playstation controller" Luiz performed far more admirably in their defensive duties than Cole has. Going forward he has been decent and contributed a few assists but was torn apart again and again against top teams. Even in the Valencia game he was the weakest link.

Ye but Im not going to miss a perfectly good opportunity to bash Mikel.

I can't wait until Mikel/Torres leave so you finally understand that they perform a crucial and key part of our game. Warming benches is an art my friend, and we won't find anyone better at it than those two.