Oriol Romeu

termninja

You can tell the lad has come straight from La Masia- he barely puts a pass wrong. Wonderful player and my new favourite, it would be very sad if he went back to Barca because he has the potential to become a world class player.

I don't think there is any doubt that I want him playing more, especially when AVB (if given the opportunity since his job is looking shaky at the moment) gets the young, fast, fresh new players he wants to be able to run the team. Sure, he may go back to Barca due to becoming an outright star, but there is no problem in selling him for a giant profit while being able to get great play out of him in the time he does stay here.

It's a cursed situation either way. He doesn't get enough playing time, and he becomes impatient with the club and doesn't want to stay here. He plays regularly and becomes a star, and he's going back to Barca. Just let him play, and sell him back. At least this way we get value out of him playing, because he is clearly a great player, and we get some profit for selling him back at just about triple the price. Maybe more.

I'm quickly becoming a big fan of the lad. No nonsense player with steel that is rarely seen in Spanish players. Add in the vision and passing abilities, and we have a potentially world class DM. Ultimately, if my understanding is correct, the decision to return to Barca lies with Romeu, as he can block any buyback by refusing to agree to personal terms.

Thing is, why wouldn't he want to go back to Barca, his boyhood club?

He'll prove himself here and then go back to Barca. He definitely has the talent.

Maybe because at Chelsea he got the chance he didn't at "the biggest club in the world"?

We need to be realistic the chances of him turning down Barca if they come back calling are practically nil.

Lets put ourself's in his situation, we are Chelsea youth players, can't get a game for Chelsea so go off to Milan for a couple of years then Chelsea want you back, the emotinol attactment would be too much.

We need to be realistic the chances of him turning down Barca if they come back calling are practically nil.

Lets put ourself's in his situation, we are Chelsea youth players, can't get a game for Chelsea so go off to Milan for a couple of years then Chelsea want you back, the emotinol attactment would be too much.

Stoch???

He made his Champions league debut here...

So, if you'd be a youngster, who has gone through the Chelsea acadamy for 10 years, and you have got the chance to go back to your beloved club, you'd refuse it? I wouldn't.

I don't think I can put myself in that position, because there are a lot of factors to be considered. I'm just saying that the chance of him staying here exists.

The main reason why he would want to go back is trophies though, me feels... I doubt that in 2 seasons we will be able to mount serious title bids in Europe and England, he might feel impatient and think he would regret later for turning them down. I think he would be happy enough to be a stand-in player for Busquets there, but Mascherano will have to leave first I think.

On the other hand, we don't even know if Barca rate him... they might have put that clause there just as a precaution. If a player is good for us, it doesn't mean he would suit in Barca aswell. I think there is a realistic chance he will stay. But there is also the chance that he was told he would have a place in the team if he performed well here... It's a strange situation.

On the other hand, we don't even know if Barca rate him...

Post of the thread.

they might have put that clause there just as a precaution.

Seems strange that some would not even believe that when in fact they put the clause due to club policy.