Oriol Romeu

termninja

do we have any opertunities to keep him at Chelsea if Barca want to trigger the buy back clause ?

can anyone give me a summery on the situation.

I really don´t want to lose him anytime soon. And certainly not when he is a regular first team player (like Fabregas)

If Barça puts on the table a certain amount of money (£8m - not sure though) they can negociate with him. After that, everything is up to him. He can agree to go back to spain just as well he can refuse.

At worse Barca will activate this clause in 2013, so for now he is ours and lets make the most of him, starting tommorow at Ewood Park.

Im by no means a Mikel hater but Oriol is on another level, IMO we have to start playing him in the PL.

Who knows if/when Oriol goes back to Barca a certain Conor Clifford might be ready to do his job.

Web-chat with Romeu. Not sure how real this is... the language and writing style makes it seem fake. Although I suppose he got a translator to post everything for him

http://uk.yahoo.euro...atid=5167d16616

Only copy-pasting certain bits....

Comment From Culidris

Do you think that one day you might 'do a Fabregas' and return to Barcelona?

I'm not thinking about going back, either now nor in the future. I have a great opportunity with superb team-mates. I'm trying to focus on getting better in London. Hopefully things will go well, I'll get a lot of time on the pitch and then we'll see what happens.

Comment From Sergei

How's life in London? What's it like? Do you live near Torres and Mata?

It's good in London, I really like it. On a personal level it's one of the world's great cities, it's surprised me even though everybody had been telling me that it was great. I love its style. I live near Juan, near the centre of the city. That way we can get together easily. Torres is further away, near Chelsea's training ground with his wife and kids.

Comment From Ignacio

Is it true that Mata has changed Chelsea? Is he really that important to them? Which other players have impressed you there?

Yes, I believe Mata has given us a lot of what we were lacking, with the clarity of his passing and his vision. He's got a lot of assists, and is a player who is doing really well. He distributes the ball to Ashley, Lampard, Fernando... He's good; decisive. John Terry has impressed me a lot too, he has great movement. He's an example to a young player like me, a captain who knows exactly what he has to do.

Comment From Felix

What's it been like playing with Lampard, Terry and Cech? Who's the most fun to be around of the non-Spanish players?

Cech speaks five languages, he's hilarious, and he can speak to you in Spanish. They're all easy going people, global stars, but really easy going. They help you, even though they're so well established in the game. Terry is always cracking jokes, David Luiz is always up for having a laugh. The changing room atmosphere is great.

Comment From Andrew

You've been playing regularly recently, but do you think you'll keep your spot in the first team when Essien returns?

I'm not counting on it, we'll have to see. When I arrived I never expected to go straight into the side, I expected to work hard and continue to improve, to be ready to make the most of it when the opportunity came along. I take things one day at a time, I don't think about being in the side for two months or a year or whatever.

Comment From Lol

Why did Pep Guardiola stop picking you two years ago? Was it anything to do with the Supercup defeat by Sevilla that you played in?

I don't think it's that he stopped picking me, more that he started picking other players. I don't think it had anything to do with the Supercup, those of us who made debuts in that match worked hard and did well.

Comment From Namorado

Have you seen Cech's new mask? Are his team-mates worried for him wearing it?

I've not seen it yet! Peter is a gladiator, though, he'd play with a broken arm if he could. I'm not worried about him, if there was any real trouble he wouldn't play. The other day he broke his nose against Blackburn and just carried on like nothing had happened.

Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu says he isn't thinking of returning to Barcelona.

Barca have a buy-back option for Romeu.

But the youngster says: "I am not thinking of returning to Barca now or in the future. I have a very good opportunity here, with a great level of teammates.

"I must be attentive and focused to improve in London. I hope I do well, playing minutes and we'll see what happens."

Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu says he isn't thinking of returning to Barcelona.

Barca have a buy-back option for Romeu.

But the youngster says: "I am not thinking of returning to Barca now or in the future. I have a very good opportunity here, with a great level of teammates.

"I must be attentive and focused to improve in London. I hope I do well, playing minutes and we'll see what happens."

It's not very reassuring.

Such a terrible deal, leaves us on edge every summer window now.

At worse Barca will activate this clause in 2013, so for now he is ours and lets make the most of him, starting tommorow at Ewood Park.

Im by no means a Mikel hater but Oriol is on another level, IMO we have to start playing him in the PL.

Who knows if/when Oriol goes back to Barca a certain Conor Clifford might be ready to do his job.

No. We cant play him that much, otherwise Barcelona womt forget him, will realize he is improving and you activate the buy back clause.

After 2013 We kick Mikel ass and We start to play him more often.

Web-chat with Romeu. Not sure how real this is... the language and writing style makes it seem fake. Although I suppose he got a translator to post everything for him

http://uk.yahoo.euro...atid=5167d16616

Only copy-pasting certain bits....

Thanks for posting mate. :)

It's funny, i've seen him 3 or 4 times but if he left us, i'd feel pretty gutted. We let Diarra go, ok he was a bit of a cocky prick but he was quality. We can't let Romeu go under any circumstances. Give him a great 5 year offer ASAP and nail him down.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not nearly as impressed as most Chelsea fans by the Barca boy but I have to admit I almost like how I don't notice him due to how quickly he moves the ball instead of dwelling on it. He displays calmness and assurance on the ball rare for his age but it's not as impressive as Mikel's

On the other hand I'm not a fan of how he -in typical Barcelona fashion- prefers safer passes, to maintain possession, instead of going for the counter-attack. It's most probably an approach AVB likes because it prioritizes controlling the game/tempo but in certain situations it's more frustrating than exciting.

Terrific young player. Clearly well educated in the way Barcelona play, wonderful on the ball, moves it quickly, can play the sweeping forward pass when it is required but keeps possession very well and is a very calming presence on the ball. Off the ball he is equally as good, wins the ball well, very aggressive in his approach, gets some good interceptions and quite mobile too. The obvious long term holding midfield option, hopefully he nails down a starting place this season.

I don't know whether to hope for more starts from him or less .

As much better he is than Mikel , but the buy-back clause will be a serious problem if romue grows into such a gem within these 2 years .. Don't you think Barca would want to buy chelsea's best holding midfielder for 10 M , I mean even boring Mikel will cost more !!