Oriol Romeu joins Chelsea

Sheva.

Oriol Romeu Barca B, could be pierced by five million euros to Chelsea . Barca are negotiating with the Blues the last fringes of the transfer of midfielder Oriol Romeu subsidiary to all English. Pass Ulldecona player could close around five million euros and that the Blaugrana club want to include in the operation is an option to repurchase at the end of the next two seasons asPep Guardiola has it .After the first negative Villa and after Thiago finally Chelsea and his recent signing on the bench, André Villas-Boas , have managed to gain the services of a Barça player. It is not ruled out that they try soon with other team players.

Oriol Romeu (Ulldecona, September 24, 1991) joined the club in 2004, infant, from Espanyol.On August 14, 2010 opened with the first team in the first leg of the Super Cup against Sevilla of Spain. undisputed title in the subsidiary , earlier this year suffered a torn meniscus in his right knee that kept him low four months. Physically powerful, has improved its handling of the ball in recent games, for the low, Luis Enrique put him as central. This season will play in the Premiership.

Source poor translation i know :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another signing for the futre, i presume.

Which is good, i guess, but we really need signings for the PRESENT! Or, AVB will be facing the same firing squad Carlo had to endure around Christmas time.

@Joker10 : So was Giovanni dos Santos.

I guess i should've said the kid is a bright prospect and rated highly by Barca. I guess who knows if he is a good signing or not.

Signing Romeu is a small risk and high reward. not much can go wrong.

GDS is still decent player and time is on his side so he can turn around his career. But poor work ethic seems to be his problem.

He has the reputation to be a solid player, with propensity to go forward and one of the best of his generation... They says he is stong technically and tactically, if we want to replace Essien who will never be at his best again it could be a good choice. Although I would prefer Tioté

In the case the player doesn't cries in the next 24 months to come back in spain it could be interesting

@Joker10 : So was Giovanni dos Santos.

Or Gai Assulin ph34r.gif

Chelsea are set to seal the signing of Barcelona youngster Oriol Romeu.

The 20-year-old is set to finalise a move to Stamford Bridge with Chelsea offering €5million.

Barca sources have confirmed to skysports.com that talks are on-going but a deal is imminent.

Spanish sources also claim that Barca will have a clause in the deal inserted which will allow them to buy highly-rated Romeu back in the summer of 2013.

Romeu is believed to be a long-term target of Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas and was trying to sign him for Porto before he moved to West London.

Romeu, who was also believed to be a target for Arsenal, is now set to fly to England in the coming days to finalise the move.

The 20-year-old, a Spanish youth international, made his senior debut for Barcelona in La Liga at the end of last season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_7054518,00.html

Guest justin_3d

Always great signing young player.

Although I have to say, what kind of crap is this:

Spanish sources also claim that Barca will

have a clause in the deal inserted which will allow them to buy

highly-rated Romeu back in the summer of 2013.

Shoot men, if we buy him, we don't want no dam clause. Imagine if City had that for Sturridge?

Guest justin_3d

And i wonder if it's true that AVB wanted him before.

As that article says:

Romeu is believed to be a long-term target of Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boasspacer.gif and was trying to sign him for Porto before he moved to West London.

Guest justin_3d

I wonder if they had secretly done something similar for Cesc Fabregas and they never told anyone about it! :rolleyes:

Fabregas is a different case.

Arsenal are Arsenal. Don't win crap, and just a club for youth that can aspire only to mediocrity.

Had he been at Chelsea or United, it would have been different.

This buy back clause better be some sort of joke. Not having that for a second, what's the point signing someone for €5 million if it's essentially a glorified loan if he is a success? A load of shite. Rather not have him at all.