Oriol Romeu joins Chelsea

Sheva.

Exactly, it is in effect just that.

I doubt we negotitated that badly to end up with such a rubbish deal.

Going by the Bojan transfer Roma can pay an agreed amount to block any buy-back option. So at worst we would have to pay some more to sign him. There is absolutely no way that he can come here for 2 years do well and then head back to Barcelona, we aren't that stupid.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

I doubt we negotitated that badly to end up with such a rubbish deal.

Going by the Bojan transfer Roma can pay an agreed amount to block any buy-back option. So at worst we would have to pay some more to sign him. There is absolutely no way that he can come here for 2 years do well and then head back to Barcelona, we aren't that stupid.

Well i talked to a friend from Spain who is Barcelona fan, and he is saying is that. That we buy him right now, and in 2 years if the club wants they will buy him back for 8 mill.

At which i am stupefy by such agreement from the club. This is Chelsea and not Getafe to be accepting such deals!!

Ramires is not a holding mid. Josh was played there because it was thought that his development would progress further by having more time on the ball.

Exactly, we cannot start thinking a 3 midfield with Lampard-Josh-Benayoun would be enough, there isn't some physical strength.

I hope that it does not mean the abandonment of Parker... I would be disappointed because I think he would be the best player to bring to the club, he is certainly vindictive

Well i talked to a friend from Spain who is Barcelona fan, and he is saying is that. That we buy him right now, and in 2 years if the club wants they will buy him back for 8 mill.

At which i am stupefy by such agreement from the club. This is Chelsea and not Getafe to be accepting such deals!!

Trust your instinct on this one. Why on earth would we develop a player for another team? We have a hard enough time developing our own as it is! If he is any good then we're keeping him, you can rest assured on that one.

The Bojan deal is that he goes to Roma for 12m and there is an obligatory buy-back option for 13m. If Roma want to block this option then will have to pay an extra 28m. Now Oriol Romeu doesn't have the sort of experience and reputation as Bojan so any further money we might have to be pay for him will be significantly less, possibly 10m max in my opinion.

Guest justin_3d

Trust your instinct on this one. Why on earth would we develop a player for another team? We have a hard enough time developing our own as it is! If he is any good then we're keeping him, you can rest assured on that one.

The Bojan deal is that he goes to Roma for 12m and there is an obligatory buy-back option for 13m. If Roma want to block this option then will have to pay an extra 28m. Now Oriol Romeu doesn't have the sort of experience and reputation as Bojan so any further money we might have to be pay for him will be significantly less, possibly 10m max in my opinion.

I hope that is true, cause i see this as an massive insult to Chelsea and fans to agree to such a BS deal.

Ramires is not a holding mid. Josh was played there because it was thought that his development would progress further by having more time on the ball.

i know ramires isn't but he can play as one and we already have Mikel the point im trying to making is we need to bring pace and creativity into the midfield .

Bojan and Romeu are different deals, it's not worthwhile comparing the two. Atm what I've posted so far in this thread is what I've been able to gather. Like I said in another post, we may have a similar option to retain him by paying a higher fee, but even if that is the case, no mention of the same has been made anywhere.

Bojan and Romeu are different deals, it's not worthwhile comparing the two. Atm what I've posted so far in this thread is what I've been able to gather. Like I said in another post, we may have a similar option to retain him by paying a higher fee, but even if that is the case, no mention of the same has been made anywhere.

Don't be daft, just because you haven't seen it online somewhere doesn't mean it isn't true. It is in line with the Bojan transfer and is likely to be Barcelona's new policy on all youngsters leaving the club. You're smarter than this, thinking that we have essentially entered into an agreement were we have our hands tied behind our backs. The club has lawyers, advisers, negotitaters etc who would laugh off what you're suggesting.

Don't be daft, just because you haven't seen it online somewhere doesn't mean it isn't true. It is in line with the Bojan transfer and is likely to be Barcelona's new policy on all youngsters leaving the club. You're smarter than this, thinking that we have essentially entered into an agreement were we have our hands tied behind our backs. The club has lawyers, advisers, negotitaters etc who would laugh off what you're suggesting.

Sigh. Not once do I recall saying it doesn't exist. All I said was this - if it does, I haven't read so yet.

justin_3d, in a week or so, I will make my own video, with a jersey of my favourite team, and go and video up my best moves, would you want me in Chelsea?! Everything on videos is just a compilation. Never trust' em, WELCOME OREOL blue%20scalf.gif

This. Thats what Im trying to say to Madmax. I know he is smarter than this.

If Barcelona were trying to screw over us, we wouldn't be trying to sign the player. A buy-back clause means Barcelona have the option to bring the player back based on that contract. That doesn't stop us and the player agreeing a new contract though.

I cant believe im saying this but looks like Ron Gourlay has done some decent business with this deal! Or it could be AVb's doing.

Id love to know why this is decent business. This will be one of the most stupidest decision in the Roman Era-- buy a player with a lot of potential who has 1 YEAR left on his contract and refused to sign a new one which means Barcelona have no advantage in the negotiations, develop him and play him in the first team only to lose him for a measly 3m profit?