Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Christophe Lollichon :

'I have followed him for the last year and a half, and for me he is a big talent in Europe,' the Frenchman told the official Chelsea website.

'A lot of clubs wanted him but we had a very good relationship after the first meeting between his parents and the club, and after that he had to choose.

'I think the best way might be to stay on loan for two years and after that, he can come to England and discover the English football for another year at a Premier League club. That is very important because the Premier League is a very special environment for a goalkeeper, and then he could join us to continue to learn.

'He is very mature for his age, just 19, and he is very calm. I watched him in the last game of last season, the Belgian league play-off, and he was so calm. He made three fantastic saves in the last 10 minutes, and if he had conceded a goal in this moment they were finished.

'I like his personality, he is very intelligent, and knows what he wants to do which is very important. I think with Jamal Blackman, Matej Delac and him, we have a very good future.'

Interesting that he doesn't mention Rhys Taylor :chai:

At least Delac hasn't been forgotten about. Wasn't he supposed to be Cech's successor?!

So was Jan Sebek... there will never be another Cech; a man who risked his life for this club (quite literally) and has come back an even better goalkeeper. His loyalty and overall quality as a goalkeeper will never be replicated. There will be other greats in between the sticks but never another Cech, the same as never another Lampard or Osgood etc. Courtois has a big future ahead of him, I just hope he isn't another promising young goalkeeper we waste.

So was Jan Sebek... there will never be another Cech; a man who risked his life for this club (quite literally) and has come back an even better goalkeeper. His loyalty and overall quality as a goalkeeper will never be replicated. There will be other greats in between the sticks but never another Cech, the same as never another Lampard or Osgood etc. Courtois has a big future ahead of him, I just hope he isn't another promising young goalkeeper we waste.

I didn't mean literally :lol:

I meant in context of, our next #1 keeper.. But agreed regardless :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...