Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

"Having both me and Petr at the club would not be the smartest choice."

He doesn't say that.

Again, listening to the interview rather than reading comments out of context really doesn't make me feel all that outraged. He's massively complimentary about Cech and seems to be making a case for not coming back rather than demanding to start.

Do people actually expect him to say that he would be happy simply playing the Cup games? Oh wait, people want boring automatons who don't say anything no matter how bland their comments actually are.

Even the Mail can't be bothered to sensationalise those comments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2635282/Thibaut-Courtois-does-not-want-Chelseas-cup-keeper-hopes-talks-Jose-Mourinho.html

Why can't he say we shall see what happens? Is it that hard?

That's essentially what he is saying.

Courtois comments:

'The two of us want to play everything. Nobody will be happy to play in only the League Cup or FA Cup. Things are unclear at the moment,'

'I have the biggest respect for Petr Cech. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, so I think putting him and me in the same team is not the healthiest thing in the world'

Courtois paid respect to Cech and basically said it wouldn't be right for either keeper to sit on the bench at Chelsea next season.

Nothing wrong with those comments If you think there is something wrong with his comments, then I'm afraid you're digging too deep into a non-issue

Exactly. I can't believe people are getting mad cause Courtois actually wants to play. Haha

Thibaut is too scared of competition, poor baby. I'm very disappointed to the point of not caring about keeping Courtois if he is worth so much. If the kid is already going to be a brat and expect things, I can only see problems of greedy demands in the future. Sure everyone wants to be a starter but if your actually confident then you should go out an be a professional and do whatever your employer needs from you, the results will come. His statements were not in honor of Cech, they were cowardly remarks on his own lack of courage. He's giving me doubts, I hope the kid smartens up.

When young crewmen I am supervising at work start asking for too much or forget their place you know what I tell them? "You just worked your last day kid, good luck" and its just the way these things have to run.

When young crewmen I am supervising at work start asking for too much or forget their place you know what I tell them? "You just worked your last day kid, good luck" and its just the way these things have to run.

That's a perfectly suitable comparison indeed...

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/courtois-says-he-has-no-emotional-connection-to-chelsea-and-turne

Basically doesn't give a shit. Shame we don't have many players who love the club.

Why would he 'love' a club he hasn't even once appeared for...

That article is stating the same BBC article that many have gone over on here, but has put a slightly sinister twist on it, not quoting it fully - but because you so badly want to believe that Courtois has been badmouthing Cech and the club you'll still completely overlook what the context of the actual BBC article is like, by posting up rubbish from a "ning.com" website to back your false thoughts... It's sad really.

Why would he 'love' a club he hasn't even once appeared for...

That article is stating the same BBC article that many have gone over on here, but has put a slightly sinister twist on it, not quoting it fully - but because you so badly want to believe that Courtois has been badmouthing Cech and the club you'll still completely overlook what the context of the actual BBC article is like, by posting up rubbish from a "ning.com" website to back your false thoughts... It's sad really.

My point was we don't have any fans of the club. Other than terry And lampard.

My point was we don't have any fans of the club. Other than terry And lampard.

And why should they? Unless they grew up supporting Chelsea like Lukaku. Football is just a job to them, what do you expect? Sometime the players stay in the job long enough to 'love it' but there is really no emotional connection. Lampard will now leave for free, but he still loves Chelsea. Love doesn't mean devoting your entire life to the club or play for free.