Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

How can a person who only plays three years be world class? I remember, Foster, everybody says he is a great goalkeeper, he has one good year at Birmingam and that is all.

He's best GK in Liga and one of top GK in the world and start for one of the best Int'l sides in the world .....

Well obviously considering he's never played a game for us :blink: I wish he'd stop these comments though. They're annoying me.

I can't even be upset. We should have made the decision by now, Courtois or Cech. He is a great keeper and should be installed at the beginning of next season or sold.

Well obviously considering he's never played a game for us :blink: I wish he'd stop these comments though. They're annoying me.

Leif you do realize this is what the Spanish press & Atleti fans want to hear right?

I wouldn't put too much weight on these kind of quotes since those things are surely provoked by questions! Nevertheless it makes sense for him to praise the team that did put him between the posts and gave him confidence the last 2 seasons!

On the other hand... don't worry. I'm sure Thibaut's biggest wish is to play for us (certainly with all his belgian buddies from the NT here)!

But the stress is on the 'play'. As soon he's garantueed to get enough gametime... he will be at the Bridge!!

@ChelseaRumours: Thibaut Courtois: "I feel like an Atleti player, not a Chelsea one." #CFC

Wouldn't blame him really. He after all hasn't even played for us!

But as @Atholy pointed out, don't think we should be worrying too much about this. He did say he wanted to work with Mourinho one day recently.

We should break that Atletico bound. Maybe he will be pissed, but I don't think he will require a sale. Atm the club is in the more powerful position, cos Courtois has still 3 years on his contract. His future with us will be decided this summer. This season he has overhauled Cech. This is a fact. He has probably been the best and most consistent goalkeeper this season together with Roman Weidenfeller of Dortmund. If he will go on loan another season we will not see him again

. If he will go on loan another season we will not see him again

Unless we tell him to come back.

Absolutely don't get the fuss about his comments, don't understand the fuss about him being at Atletico, don't understand the comments about rotating him with Cech (shows a complete lack of understanding of goalkeepers from some people)....

So he says he feels like an Atletico player - well of course he fucking does. He's spent the last two years training there, living there and playing there. Do people want him to lie and say when he walks out in Madrid he just pretends he's in Cobham? Trust me - there's a big fucking difference.

This guy is our future keeper. The club have managed to acquire and develop him in a remarkable fashion and I simply can't fathom some people's thinking on this subject.

We should break that Atletico bound. Maybe he will be pissed, but I don't think he will require a sale. Atm the club is in the more powerful position, cos Courtois has still 3 years on his contract. His future with us will be decided this summer. This season he has overhauled Cech. This is a fact. He has probably been the best and most consistent goalkeeper this season together with Roman Weidenfeller of Dortmund. If he will go on loan another season we will not see him again

No, that is an opinion.

No news of a contract extension then? Wasn't he supposed to sign a new contract at Chelsea before going back to Atletico on loan? Without an extension this loan isn't good because after next season he only has two years left in the contract he signed back in 2011.

Makes sense for the lad. He has to be playing regularly to keep that Belgian number one spot for the world cup.

With Mignolet's expected move to Liverpool, he will get a lot of spotlight. Courtois can compete by playing regularly at a top side.

At this moment, that is what Athletico Madrid will offer him while we cannot.