Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8765543/Chelsea-keeper-Thibaut-Courtois-to-return-to-Atletico-Madrid-on-loan

Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois to return to Atletico Madrid on loan

Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has claimed he has been given permission to spend a third season on loan at Atletico Madrid.

He was quoted by media in Spain and Belgium as saying at a national team press conference in Kortrijk: "I've chosen to stay at Atletico.

"I have to continue playing and at Chelsea there's (Petr) Cech who has always been a great goalkeeper.

"At Atletico I'm sure I can play and I can continue to be the first-choice keeper of the Red Devils (Belgium).

"In the course of the season, we will see if I return to London."

"I spoke with Mourinho and he told me the best thing is to continue maturing," he added.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-news-blues-atletico-1942367

Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois wants extension on Spanish loan signed this week

Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois is staying on loan at Atletico Madrid after claiming returning to Stamford Bridge would damage his World Cup hopes.

Belgian keeper Courtois, 21, believes another year at Atletico will keep his international hopes alive but being Petr Cech’s understudy would hold him back.

Courtois said: “I have told Chelsea I want to stay at Atletico and I’ve told Chelsea this and hope it will be signed this week.

“Cech is a big keeper and I don’t want to be sitting on the bench in a World Cup year. It’s totally my choice and I’ve not spoken to (Jose) Mourinho about it. But I think the club has confidence in me to come back in a year’s time.”

Skysports quoted he has spoken with Jose, but Mirror quoted that he has not spoken with Jose yet. :confused:

Anyway, for certain he will going on loan again, it would be wise if we offer him a contract extension first before let him leave on loan.

What about Mathew Ryan? I know he's young. But how good is he?

He moved to Club Brugge at the end of May for a reported 180,000...and apparently he's had trials at Spurs, Wigan, Celtic in the past year.

Hope he gets some experience in Belgium...him and Langerak should be competing for the Socceroos #1 jersey (if they develop as expected) once Schwarzer decides to call it a day.

(Note: I always keep a close eye on talented Australians...cause that's where I grew up! B) )

Sam Walker was on loan at Colchester last season but i think we need a bit more experienced goalkeeper someone on loan for 1 season :)

Yeah he is not very experienced but he is only 3rd choice. And if something long term happened to Cech we would probably recall courtois. So It would save us having to but a GK. And would help with the homegrown numbers.

Because I want him to be Chelsea's future keeper...what? You don't?

Of course i want, but is it the same for him? He will go for the 3th year on loan where he is loved. I'm not sure that he would sign a contract extension... May be he thinks that's the best for him is to wait until the end of his contract and to leave as free agent and to sign where he wants to play.

Nothing is guaranteed that he won't be loaned again and again, that's like that i see the thing

No he just said that mou called him

Courtois had daarover een gesprek met José Mourinho. "Ja, vorige week. Hij vroeg of het niet te lastig was om even te storen in de aanloop van de interland tegen Servië", vertelt hij in Het Nieuwsblad. "Er lag al langer een plan klaar tussen beide clubs dat ik volgend jaar nog een jaar bij Atlético blijf, maar als er nieuwe coach is, moet die ook akkoord gaan. Als het van hem afhing, had hij mij er liefst volgend seizoen bij gehad."

No point in him staying at Atletico for 'being loved'. They're absolutely horribly run and in a terrible financial state. If he signed there on a perm deal he'd be sold within 2 seasons.