Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

He also added: "we will see next year if I (ever) return to London". The 'ever' (nog in flemish) goes both ways.

I dont know just what he meant by that, but it worries me.

I didn't like that part either...my nightmare is that he hands a transfer request to stay at Madrid after the third stint. Absolute fucking nightmare.

That boy needs to sign a new contract with a massive buyout clause...quick!

Well this is interesting, I thought with us releasing Hilario and Turnbull, that was a indication Thibaut would stay with us.

That being said, there's going to be some very good back-up keepers up for grabs this summer. Guys like Begovic, Mignolet, Sorensen, Cesar etc are all up for grabs.

Gary Linton @AlbaEspana 1m

Official: Thiabut Courtois who's in Belgium, has just announced that he will continue for another season on loan at Atletico Madrid.

Good decision to let him stay there. Best for his development especially with the World Cup next year. And will be interesting to see how he fares in the Champions League next season.

On the other hand, it also means that we are very likely in the market for a back up goalkeeper too. Hope we can acquire a good 2nd choice keeper with experience.

I think they aimed to please the boy and in exchange will extend his contract and add a release clause.

I wasn't expecting him to be with us this season to be honest.

He needs to play because of Belgium NT... he wouldn't play much with us as I feel like Cech still has a couple of good years on him

Well this is interesting, I thought with us releasing Hilario and Turnbull, that was a indication Thibaut would stay with us.

That being said, there's going to be some very good back-up keepers up for grabs this summer. Guys like Begovic, Mignolet, Sorensen, Cesar etc are all up for grabs.

Mignolet is no backup keeper ^^

I didn't like that part either...my nightmare is that he hands a transfer request to stay at Madrid after the third stint. Absolute fucking nightmare.

That boy needs to sign a new contract with a massive buyout clause...quick!

Why would he sign that ?

Very much expected news. He deserves to play in the CL after helping his team reach it and there's no point bringing him back to rot on the bench.

None of those will agree to be second choice especially in a WC year (except Sorensen, may be). I'd love Middlesbrough's Steele. Excellent young keeper who, for me, is better than Buttland and without all the hype.

None of those will agree to be second choice especially in a WC year (except Sorensen, may be). I'd love Middlesbrough's Steele. Excellent young keeper who, for me, is better than Buttland and without all the hype.

The incentives for playing for Chelsea & Mourinho (plus some extra 0's at the end of the paycheck) may be some incentive ;)