Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

He will have not so good games its natural, but he is still a awesome keeper.

Personally he should have 2 years at Leti then one year at a decent English club (Villa if Given retires?) then he will be fully ready to challenge Cech.

21 mins in against Espanyol, he's already conceded 3 goals.

- Not watching the game though, so don't know if any was his fault.

I watched the highlights and ATMadrid were God Awful!

Courtois could have maybe done a little better with the 1st goal he conceded but the rest were unlucky or unstopable! He did make some very good saves still, it could have been more for Espanyol! He looks a little raw but his agility considering his size is most impressive!

Atletico has been a been even more terrible defending this year than usual. I wouldn't blame Courtois for their bad season although i didn't watch yesterdays game, but yeah they just look terrible, Falcao should never have gone to that club.

Atletico has been a been even more terrible defending this year than usual. I wouldn't blame Courtois for their bad season although i didn't watch yesterdays game, but yeah they just look terrible, Falcao should never have gone to that club.

Yeah, Falcao was ATMadrids best player yesterday!

Lost 0-2 at home against Betis.

Did anyone see the game or the goals?

Not much he could against the 2 goals! It's amazing how sloppy the Atletico defense is this year (especially the 2nd goal)!

If you then consider that Courtois is one of the least passed goalkeepers in the Primera Division... You know he's doing great!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn2rwp_atletico-madrid-real-betis-0-2_sport#from=embed

Read in the newspaper today that Courtuis is attending the Cfc - Fulham game. He will also have talks with Lollichon and attends the training later this week..

He will hand in a transfer request already if he watched this game.

on a serious note; if avb is worth half a shit courtois will be our starter. cech can't steal games for us(like today he could of jumped better and stopped the ball) and makes way to many mistakes. Remeber his pass to mikel in lfc game???? or against arsenal he was beat shortside when a goalie for a top club should be saving those. Than again were midtable club. NOT TOP .

Cech may be solid, but the blunt fact is he need's a genuine no.2 to compete with him for the GK spot. He's reminding me of of Van Der Sar in his last few years, prone to mistakes but generally solid. I do think we should recall Thibaut because if we look at the facts Cech has made some serious point-dropping mistakes - Arsenal, Leverkuson, Liverpool, Wigan, Sp*ds and apparently today (haven't had a chance too see it yet) Maybe if he had been on the form of Krul/Hart we wouldn't have leeked some of the goals we have. He does have the knack of making outstanding saves, as a world-class keeper it's inevitable - but with the utmost respect to Petr I don't see him saving us with those right to left super saves nowadays. Watching City, Newcastle and even Arsenal I've seen their keepers save 2 points or even 1 at times. Back in the days we had Carvalho, Terry and Cech working as a defensive wall under Jose! We don't have a defensive shape as of yet, and Cech is by no means of his Jose form.

Read in the newspaper today that Courtuis is attending the Cfc - Fulham game. He will also have talks with Lollichon and attends the training later this week..

wouldn't see it too much as putting pressure on Cech, more that he wants to stay match fit during the winter break in spain

wouldn't see it too much as putting pressure on Cech, more that he wants to stay match fit during the winter break in spain

Thinking that to, having spent christmas at home in Belgium, now a few days stop at Cfc with probably some evaluation talks etc.. The article did also say that he has some eye tests to do and some jump/reflexes tests.

Courtois breezes through tests

Teenage goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois claims he has passed a range of fitness tests at Chelsea with flying colours after returning temporarily from his loan spell at Atletico Madrid.

The 19-year-old, on a season-long loan deal at the Vicente Calderon, has established himself as the club's first-choice keeper over Sergio Asenjo following the summer departure of David de Gea to Manchester United.

Courtois, who arrived at Chelsea from Genk in July and was sent straight out on loan, has returned to West London during the Primera Liga winter break.

The Belgium international was in the stands at Stamford Bridge during the Blues' Boxing Day draw with Fulham and has also undergone a range of tests, which he claims to have breezed through.

"The tests showed that over six months I have become a lot stronger," Courtois told Voetbal Primeur.

"I can jump a foot higher than I could last year and my reflexes have also improved.

"Chelsea were especially impressed by my results in the stress test. Under great pressure I was able to continue coolly."

While Courtois has impressed at Atletico so far, the teenager knows he faces a challenge in proving himself to new coach Diego Simeone, who was unveiled by the club last week.

"For now they are satisfied in all respects," he added. "Now we will see how the situation with Atletico's new coach plays out.

"I have to prove myself again against the other goalkeepers."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7400652/Courtois-breezes-through-tests

Hope the new coach will keep him as their primary keeper ahead of Asenjo.

Well, i read some time over here that there is a 'must play' of 75% clausule between Cfc and Atletico, don't know this really is true tough??

If he stays working like this then he should have no problem anyway to stay as Nr1 at Atletico i guess..

Well, i read some time over here that there is a 'must play' of 75% clausule between Cfc and Atletico, don't know this really is true tough??

Hopefully it's what we will do to whoever gets Josh on loan this January.

Afaik we can't really force a team to play a loaned player but they will have to pay a penalty if he does do not get a certain amount of appearances. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with all our loans including Kakuta's and PvA's.