Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Great save yes, but what an horrific finish from Ozil! :lol:

He played brilliantly well yesterday, you have to give it to him. I'm not quite sure how Real didn't win the game after hitting the woodwork three times. Football is a funny game, isn't it? Courtois had to make one or two big saves and he did very well. One or two rush-of-blood-to-the-head moments but generally a good performance, well played!

Ozil was so lethargic with this shot...

Eh, the game should of been like 4-1... He made some great saves though.

He also said he is very happy at athletico and hopes to play cl with them apparently..

Don't blame him. He earned the right to play in there after helping Atletico to finish in the Top 3 this season. Moreover, there's no way he (and Lukaku and KDB too IMO) would want to come back here and play 2nd fiddle to Cech and only play the odd game here and there. He and the rest of our Belgian lot will want to play week in week out to cement and book their place in the Belgium squad for the World Cup 2014. And in their cases, neither of them want to lose the spots to their other counterparts playing in the same position as them to the likes of Mignolet, Mirallas, Benteke etc who are all playing every game in every weekend for their respective clubs right now.

He was signed when AVB was manager but I doubt AVB personally sanctioned the transfer. You should give the credit to our scout team or even Emelano.

Don't really care who signed him to be honest, sick to death of everyone second guessing all of the time.

Maybe a few years ago I could be bothered to give you a debate on who I thought signed him lol.

Decision, decisions.

Courtois should have that season on loan again at Madrid to play in the CL, he has earned that and needs to play in the World Cup, but after that is when the big decision has to be made once and for all.

Now their is the argument on Cech has still years left but the key thing is has he? Courtois said himself in 2011 Cech might have to retire early due to his injury problems and yes i know he should have kept his mouth shut about club affairs but that isn't the point, there must be some truth to it otherwise signing the Belgium (no matter how good he is) would have been absolutely pointless (unless were planning a massive profit making exercise not even Levy would attempt).

Cech looks fine now, but if the injury thing is true, that won't happen for ever, imagine just imagine if we sell Courtois and Cech then starts slowing down?

A tough decision, that thankfully i don't have to make.

Not that tough a decision for me, loan Courtois out for one or two years and sell Cech. Courtois isn't that much worse than Cech (especially in a year or two) and will only get better and Cech will only decline.

I was just about to say the same. Though I wouldn't sell Cech, If he is soon to retire from injury then I would keep him at the club in either the coaching staff or somewhere he could involve his world class knowledge of football and keep his general personality around the club. Cech is a big part of the gel in our squad and would be very much missed if he were to leave. I think there are a lot of managerial qualities in Cech.

Courtois said after the Copa Del Rey win last night:

http://www.as.com/english/articulo/courtois-i-d-prefer-to/20130518dasdenspo_15/Ten

"I'd rather stay here (at Atletico Madrid) than be on the bench at Chelsea".

Pretty normal I'd say. He's too good to be on the bench and he has to play to keep his place in the national team for the WC.