Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Cech is i form and injury free for some time now. Might not make it to 40s, but he can play on top for three years at minimum.

Courtois, I hope we wont sell him, but where will he play for next 2-3 years? We cant loan him to Am every year...

Besides, having Courtois, Lukaku and De bruyne is only good thing. If board keeps them, brilliant, but just in some case we sell them, we should act Porto/Spurs like and rate them highly. Kdb for 25, Courtois for 40 and Lukaku for 25. If anyone wants them, that are the prices. That is how our board should sell, not leaving players for cheap ala studge for 15mio...

i think, we will sell him. cant see a future for him here. he is too good for the bench and cech still can play a few seasons...and courtois surely wont wait.

Better than Cech. Yeah, I said it. Peter Cech hasn't been the best for a while now.

You really need to stop posting controversial posts for the sake of it, it's getting quite boring and annoying now.

Take Courtois back next season or the one after, easily good enough to challenge Cech. If Jose comes back next season, whos to say Courtois won't follow him and be Cech's understudy? I mean Real have 2 class keepers in Casillas and Diego Lopez so you never know!

Take Courtois back next season or the one after, easily good enough to challenge Cech. If Jose comes back next season, whos to say Courtois won't follow him and be Cech's understudy? I mean Real have 2 class keepers in Casillas and Diego Lopez so you never know!

That's a great way to ruin two keepers in my opinion. What's the criteria for rotation?

He's too good to be an understudy anymore so we have to make a choice.

If you'd rather keep Cech for 2 or 3 years and let Courtois go ahead of getting in Courtois right now and keeping him for over a decade you need a slap to get that strong taste of sentiment out your mouth.

Imagine if Barcelona put sentiment ahead of playing Messi all those years ago or Real Madrid hung onto sentiment and Raul was still their striker :ph34r:

When someone better comes along they're supposed to take their place in the team.

Cech is more 'experienced' yet Courtois already has, what, 5 major trophies? And he played a crucial role in winning all of them.

Yes, Cech was crucial to our Champions League success last season, but can he do it again? I have my doubts.

Cech is probably the better shot-stopper and is better at timing when to jump up and collect the ball. His kicking is also better. He also has that special 'something' which comes to surface at crucial moments.

Courtois has better agility, diving, on-par reactions, commands his box far more, is better at passing along the ground, is better at throwing the ball, and has far more years ahead of him. You could probably also say he's got that special 'something' considering he has 5 major titles, won Best Goalkeeper Of The Year in Belgium in 2010 and has (I understand) won Best La Liga Goalkeeper this season too ahead of the likes of Lopez, Casillas, Valdes, Willy (lol) etc.

You can't get rid of the spine of a team all at once, but you do have to constantly rebuild at the top level and know when to put sentiment aside.

I'm positive we'd be equally as strong with Courtois starting ahead of Cech; not stronger or weaker - but he'd have his age to his advantage and the fact he hasn't had a head injury which does hold Cech back a bit these days.

We've seen what Mourinho did with Cech. Imagine Courtois.

Thibaut has literally become an Atletico legend for sure now. If we can use him as a bait + 30M for Falcao then I would say go for it now. Cech isn't gonna show decline in the next five years, and I don't want this guy to rot on the Chelsea bench.

Thibaut has literally become an Atletico legend for sure now. If we can use him as a bait + 30M for Falcao then I would say go for it now. Cech isn't gonna show decline in the next five years, and I don't want this guy to rot on the Chelsea bench.

LOL, no way is Courtois going to leave this club for nothing. Regardless if it involves Falcao. That is just ridiculous.

That's a great way to ruin two keepers in my opinion. What's the criteria for rotation?

He's too good to be an understudy anymore so we have to make a choice.

I'd say one more season on-loan for Courtois.

With the World cup next year, I don't think Courtois would be happy sitting on the bench.

Hopefully the board makes the right decision at the end of next season. Let go of a legendary keeper in Cech or sell off a potential world-class keeper in Courtois?