Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

"I love playing there ... I like Atletico. Now it's just a year, but if I want a second year and Chelsea are willing, it is possible," he revealed.

With Petr Cech currently holding down the first-team goalkeeping role at Chelsea, Courtois said that he would expect to be loaned out for experience for the next three seasons while the Czech international, who he considers "one of the best goalkeepers in the world" continued to impress for the club.

"Chelsea said I could spend two years in a team like Atletico. Then a year at a team in England, like Fulham or Tottenham so I can integrate into the league. Then the fourth year would be normal at Chelsea."

The young Belgian keeper has made seven appearances for Atletico Madrid in La Liga, keeping five clean sheets in the process.

Full story here.

So I guess we've found our Čech replacement for the far future, provided he stays clear of injuries and is a nr. 1 goalkeeper in every loan club. Although Čech is still young for a goalie, in 3 seasons he'll be only 32yo... Courtois will have loads and loads of time to improve before he becomes our nr. 1.

And only 19 , which is very , very young for a goalkeeper at that level. He will be one of the best goalies in the world if he keeps improving for the next coming years. He has very good reflexes , he has the same build as Van Der Sar and he has a great mentality for only a 19 year old. just perfect

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...