test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

7,895 posts in this topic

Ouch, 5-0 hey?

How did he do individually though?

Despite the fact he has taken five goals, I found him rather good. In my opinion he has did his best, and he couldn't do anything to stop the goals. The first one, Villa has rapped his defender, and thus had the way cleared to shoot from 5 yards. Maybe he could have done better on the second, but still... He cleared away the shot from Messi, though the ball bounced on a defender and went in. As for the three other goals, Messi scored goals that only Messi can score, so you know...

Overall he was good. He made some good stops. For exemple, in the second half he stopped a 6 yards shot from Villa.

If you wanna make your own judgment on the goals, here you go : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlagwb_footyroom-com-barcelona-5-0-atletico-madrid_creation

BlueLion. and LDN Blue like this

Despite the fact he has taken five goals, I found him rather good. In my opinion he has did his best, and he couldn't do anything to stop the goals. The first one, Villa has rapped his defender, and thus had the way cleared to shoot from 5 yards. Maybe he could have done better on the second, but still... He cleared away the shot from Messi, though the ball bounced on a defender and went in. As for the three other goals, Messi scored goals that only Messi can score, so you know...

Overall he was good. He made some good stops. For exemple, in the second half he stopped a 6 yards shot from Villa.

If you wanna make your own judgment on the goals, here you go

Cheers!

Unlucky for that 2nd goal, but surely Messi/Pedro was miles offside?! Perhaps he could've done better for 3rd and 5th, but overall, he can't be blamed entirely. Will make him a stronger keeper to come through that, no shame in being demolished by Messi.

Another clean sheet, game ended 0-0..

How did he perform? Was it another match in which he didn't have a lot of work or...?

But yeah, wonderful talent.

He should come back next season (with Hilario surely leaving) and push Cech hard for the first team spot.

AVB should use those 2 the way Fergie uses De Gea and Lindegard.

"I love playing there ... I like Atletico. Now it's just a year, but if I want a second year and Chelsea are willing, it is possible," he revealed.

With Petr Cech currently holding down the first-team goalkeeping role at Chelsea, Courtois said that he would expect to be loaned out for experience for the next three seasons while the Czech international, who he considers "one of the best goalkeepers in the world" continued to impress for the club.

"Chelsea said I could spend two years in a team like Atletico. Then a year at a team in England, like Fulham or Tottenham so I can integrate into the league. Then the fourth year would be normal at Chelsea."

The young Belgian keeper has made seven appearances for Atletico Madrid in La Liga, keeping five clean sheets in the process.

Full story here.

So I guess we've found our Čech replacement for the far future, provided he stays clear of injuries and is a nr. 1 goalkeeper in every loan club. Although Čech is still young for a goalie, in 3 seasons he'll be only 32yo... Courtois will have loads and loads of time to improve before he becomes our nr. 1.

xPetrCechx likes this

And only 19 , which is very , very young for a goalkeeper at that level. He will be one of the best goalies in the world if he keeps improving for the next coming years. He has very good reflexes , he has the same build as Van Der Sar and he has a great mentality for only a 19 year old. just perfect