Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

40 minutes ago, DYC. said:

This is why I smile when I read 'we signed *insert player name* for the next ten years'.

It's been good knowing ya, big nose.

Now I hope Chels find a good successor immediately. Don't want to go through what Utd and Arse went through after they lost Schmeichel and Seaman. Or even more recently, post-Reina Liverpool. That's some scary shit.

I would say we went through a mini period of that with Cech in the late 00's, those Liverpool and Bolton games under Hiddink :ph34r:

I can't see us suffering with a bad keeper for as long as those examples if worse comes to worse and we sign our own Bravo this summer, we may have a problem with complacency while on top but we have always been quick to fix any messes we get ourselves into (Torres aside).

20 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If Alisson is off to Liverpool i would look to negotiate Navas into the Courtois deal. Ask for £15-20m and navas and see where we get with it.

If i go down the route of thinking with my heart over my head i would love this for a bit, Costa Rica is my second country (in spirit not blood) so it will almost be for me like it was for Bosnian fans when Begovic turned up for example.

Thinking with my head however, i'm not too sure, he seemed to have declined big time last season and there must be a keeper somewhere we can scout the same way we did for Courtois back in 2011 (he was probably good enough to come in for us immediately, but we had Cech).

Yes  finally courtois out from here 

Ok 35millions is nothing but he has 1year contract so. Who would spend 60m£ on him ? Nobody. 

I prefer 35 m €   And no to leave for free . 

So put another 35-40m€ and Allison is ours 

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If i go down the route of thinking with my heart over my head i would love this for a bit, Costa Rica is my second country (in spirit not blood) so it will almost be for me like it was for Bosnian fans when Begovic turned up for example.

Thinking with my head however, i'm not too sure, he seemed to have declined big time last season and there must be a keeper somewhere we can scout the same way we did for Courtois back in 2011 (he was probably good enough to come in for us immediately, but we had Cech).

Yes but i would say a young inexperienced keeper is the riskiest thing to do, and at the moment i haven't seen any links to a worthwhile keeper in such a bracket.

I think the worry is this late in the window being desperate to get a keeper we could end up overpaying. The other option would be negotiating cillesson into a Willian transfer. Not sure how good he is though but I've read some links with him.

7 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Disgusting money but better than a Basman

just need to find someone else now. You can bet Willy has his fingers crossed.

Wouldn't suprise me if we took an English keeper.

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Disgusting money but better than a Basman

just need to find someone else now. You can bet Willy has his fingers crossed.

Wouldn't suprise me if we took an English keeper.

Butland and Forster would be decent options and not too expensive. No probs with that

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Butland and Forster would be decent options and not too expensive. No probs with that

Forster lost his place at Southampton. He's declined massively in the last 12-18 months.

Still not sold on butland. If we were to buy a prem keeper the logical one would be schmeichel and even then I'd rather see alternatives in all honesty.

1 hour ago, Shakez said:

Even as a belgian, i can't wait to see the back of Courtois. As great as he is, i also don't think he has the ball playing skills Sarri would demand from a keeper.

Allison would be great, but then again 70 million for a goalkeeper is a bit too much for my taste.

Feel the same, he is a great keeper and should be thanked for his contributions to Chelsea, especially the 2 PL titles. Yeah at the end of the day i am glad he is gone, i guess good luck to him at Madrid. 

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Just thinking that the club would see it helping our HG issues as we will need to add some academy to buff it out.

If he's a done deal, I have to think that we have a deal for another keeper (at least in the works).  If not, we should make Courtois fly out to Australia and tell him he has to turn straight around for his Madrid medical as soon as we land.    EDIT:  And fly him back commercial.  Some low budget airline.

Otherwise, I have to think that we have a GK lined up.